My REAL PARTS Obi Wan... it's done.

Reaction score
First... thanks to everyone who helped me source the parts, trades, and letting me win the auction for the last part I needed... the booster!

Yay!

It's done, short of finding and even slightly more accurate grenade. That said, this is my second grenade, as I was lucky enough to have and friend trade me his old one with symmetrical frag cuts! The Body is in great shape aside from the natural patina and minor rusting, but I think it's perfect for the saber.

Thanks to another friend for letting me win the auction for the booster. I had to get a kit of ANM2 Parts to get it, but it was worth it.

Also, thanks to everyone on the balance pipe group, we all banned together to make that happen.

I'm so thankful for everyone's effort camaraderie, and love for the props. It couldn't have happened without the dudes at therpf.

here's the pics:

After getting all the cosmoline off I'm left with a nicely patina'd and dinged booster

The flash hider from the ANM2. It has my old russ replica steel booster on for display.

And now I have machine gun parts to sell... lol

Reaction score
Congrats Scott!
This is a beauty, really awesome!
This is a sort of Holy Grail and I am happy for you, thank you very much for sharing these pictures.
All the best, enrico

Reaction score
These seem to be few and far between these days. Who would'nt want an all original Obi Wan, the king of sabers!
Congrats!

Reaction score
nice. That saber is a real beauty. I have a question about the booster though. Does yours fit into your handwheel perfectly or did you have to kind of wedge it in?

Also, where did you get a female balance pipe. Those things are the bees knees lol. Beautiful grenade and booster. Really adds age that shows the saber as "an elegent weapon for a more civilized age."

Reaction score
Oh right, I read about that tale on the RPF :)

I find that the booster fits perfectly if I use the inner part of the roman's handwheel instead of the original handwheel since the ridges inside the original handwheel prevent the booster from going in (the roman is smooth so the booster fits securely, so well that I dont need the threaded rod to keep them together.

Could I ask how you fit the booster in the handwheel despite the ridges? Or do I have the wrong dimensions for one of those parts?

Reaction score
I just pushed it on and tightened down the spacer threaded rod and it squeezed it the rest of the way. That's about it really. Yeah the real hand wheels are a little tighter than Russ and Roman replicas.

Reaction score
THIS is amazing!!! I would love to just find a Graflex hilt, never mind locating all the original parts for an Obi Wan saber!

Reaction score
Very nice and congratulations.
I'm looking for one as well and also the Gloster meteor emitters for a Obi wan real parts lightsaber.
Any info where I might get these please?
Many thanks.

Reaction score
Very nice indeed.
If you ever want to sell it let me know.
Congratulations.

Reaction score
Hi. So when fitting an original emitter what cone is used please? Is there a genuine original cone?
Thank you