MY EBAY account was breached !!!....

Reaction score
..today
some psycho, listed 105 auctions in my name. Luckily I entered my account while he was doing it and I was able to change password and close down the auctions while the [censored] where entering them, well I conracted ebay over their LiveChat and sorted it..my adrenaline was pumping for the hour it took to close down the auctions, this ahole listed highend electronics and TVs at low costs, in that hour 5 intersted buyers contacted me with questions..it was highly stressful

Reaction score
The nerves of some folks...I mean jeeze, he could have at least listed Star Wars items

Seriously though sorry to hear that and damn glad you caught that quickly!!

Reaction score
Dude, that's no excuse...you still owe me that plasma-tv. I paid instantly after the BIN...

~Martijn!

(would agree on some loose UZAY's of equal value instead
)

Reaction score
You have to use better passwords with a mix of numbers and upper case and lower case letters.Some one got into my paypal acct one time and wiped it and my bank account out.

Reaction score
Darth_Scumious said:
You have to use better passwords with a mix of numbers and upper case and lower case letters.Some one got into my paypal acct one time and wiped it and my bank account out.
D'oh! That bites. Someone got into my ebay account once, but didn't do anything accept...change the password. Weirdo.

Reaction score
my brother had some one selling under his name too. he got penalized and never got back his ebay username... ebay gave his a such a hard time..more like guilty until proven innocent.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your troubles Moff_Zoll, but I appreciate your post. I just went and changed my password from a ridiculously easy one. I knew it was too simple to keep forever, but after hearing your story, I decided the time was here.

So sorry for your troubles, but thanks for the warning.

Reaction score
This is terrible. Did you get any email recently from eBay that did not show up in your eBay's 'My Messages' center? Alot of people have been getting fooled by these fake 'phishing' emails that supposedly come from eBay or PayPal. Some can be quite tricky claiming they need you to confirm your account info because of 'questionable activity'.

Basically if you receive any email from eBay that doesn't show up in your 'My Mesages' on eBay then it's a fake.

Also any email from either PayPal or eBay that asks you to validate your account info or log in some place is a fake!

Reaction score
I had my account hijacked too - someone tried to sell high end DJ equipment under my name although it stated the location was Singapore (even though I'm from Scotland). They even sent out an invoice for an auction of mine that had just ended asking the buyer for £15 postage to Australia for 1 lego SW figure!!! He had added into my invoice that the buyer should pay into a bank account numer but fortunately the buyer paid into my paypal account so I was able to refund him (postage was only a couple of pounds!) Had to go through the hassle of getting the auctions ended by ebay and changing my password. Luckily he didn't list these items a couple of days earlier as they were 1 day auctions and me and my partner had been away over the New Year. So no-one was hurt in the end - just a lot of hassle and I now ensure I change my passwords for ebay and paypal every couple of months and ensure they are a mixture of letters and numbers.

Reaction score
thanks for the input guys.. Dakk yes I get those emails All the time,but my spam filter takes care of 99 percent of them