My Death Star Droid collection (Update! 1/14/11)

Reaction score
Great focus. I love the DS Droid. I think it was a good move to branch your focus into modern as well as vintage. It makes for a more interesting focus. My favourite would be your miscard, kinda funny they put the wrong droid in a DS Droid card.
Great collection.

Reaction score
It's time for a loooong overdue update. I have had these for several months, a couple are from a year ago already.

Sorry for the crappy pics. At this point I simply want to document what I have and eventually I will do a proper group shot with much better and brighter pics. I don't even care to navigate the new format and properly add the pics with the highlighted titles that I had been doing, so that is why they are all jumbled together at the bottom of the first post.

Anyway, here goes:

Star Wars 20-E Fett offer cardback w/square sticker. I just happened to notice this one day on ebay. I haven't really put in much effort trying to find a carded version, so this one is a nice addition for now.

Palitoy ESB 45-A Bounty Hunter offer MOC. Nothing to see here, move along.....move along.
Haha, this is one of my grails and I am beyond thrilled to have this. The stars aligned and the timing was right and it ended up in a good home here.

Trilogo 70-C w/small blister. I actually saw this one pop up several times over the years and was always on the fence about it, since it is a partial reseal. However, the bubble is definitely original and whoever did the reseal did a pretty good job, so I decided to go for it.

Target exclusive modern Droid Set 3-Pack. Neat.

European multi-logo Droid Set 3-Pack. Really neat.

Celebration VI Star Tots. Really really neat.

I hope you all enjoyed the update. As expected, new additions are few and far between these days. I always keep my eyes open though and remain on the lookout for anything I don't already have. A huge thanks to everyone here on RS who has helped so far.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great Update Dude. I really like this character run.

Regards

Grant.

HWR

Reaction score
Great update, Jason. Your focus collection is trully amazing, congrates on the new additions and thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I have had a lot of fun putting this run together over the years. I hope I find at least 1 thing this year! Actually, I will probably be able to get the GG Jumbo figure without too much trouble. I just simply haven't gone after one yet.

I first want to get some acrylic cases for the my most recent additions. I have finally found some cabinets that I think are the best fit for what I have been looking for, so hopefully by the end of the year I can get a proper display set up once and for all and get some updated pictures taken.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trilogo 70-C w/small blister
Cough...German 70B w/small bubble ;)

Some nice additions Jason, top notch as always and I can't wait to see your display set up!

Reaction score
Jason your collection is immense man and a rreal siight to be hold! Love that Palitoy MOC!!

Really Cant wait to see the group shot is gonna be epic.

Going back to admire your collection again now

Speak soon

Liam

Reaction score
I'll say it again, and this is a complement!
ROCK STAR!
I LOVE the character collection!
Steve : )

Reaction score
Thank you for the compliments everyone. This has been a very fun run to put together and hopefully soon I can set up my permanent display.

I recently added the very cool GG jumbo but I put it in storage before I took pictures. It's okay because everyone knows what it looks like!

I am always on the lookout for anything that I don't already have, so feel free to let me know if anyone runs across anything interesting!

Reaction score
Very cool my friend that vintage figure is kicking my but im trying to find an unsnapped one with great paint but he is a hard one to find

Reaction score
Outstanding run of one of my favourite figures, always had a huge soft spot for this figure, your run really is an inspiration to my tiny DSD run by comparison, I hope you don't mind me posting a photo of this baggie I have but figure you may like to see it, from what I know its the only example found to date & I was just really lucky to stumble across it in the first ever baggies I got from an ex palitoy worker -

& the one below is from Del's old collection, though I have not been lucky enough to find one.

Reaction score
A great focus on cool figure! So many awesome pieces in this collection.

Have you ever seen a Death Star Droid on a ROTJ 79 back? I notice you don't have one in your photos.
I imagine that one might be difficult to find.

Reaction score
I love this thread. This focus is my favorite. I have always been a big DSD fan. If you ever part with the run please let me have first pick. To many pieces to acknowledge.

Reaction score
wow, now that is a world-class character collection! This is what separates the men from the boys. Many people outside of the hobby will tell you that collecting is not a true hobby and you don't really deserve a congrats, its just a matter of spending money. But you show here that collecting takes time and dedication. It has taken you years and years to track down all of these items You bat your eye and that prototype never ends up in your hands. So congratulations, that is quite an accomplishment! You should be very proud.

Reaction score
Absolutely breathtaking.....................

I love these focus collections...!!!!

and to think Ive been thinking about getting just one MOC DSD.......!!!!

Well done...

AB

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't posted in quite a while. Thanks everyone for the compliments.

As expected, the last half of the year was very quiet. Hopefully I can add a couple things this year, so feel free to let me know if you see something I may be interested in.

Reaction score
Good to see you still around Jason! Still admiring your DSD focus all these years later! (Check your inbox, PM coming too!)

Reaction score
I haven't added anything is such a long time. I am also potentially gauging interest to sell it off.

Reaction score
I haven't added anything is such a long time. I am also potentially gauging interest to sell it off.
JMiller if you selling, are I am interested in your Kenner Canada TESB 41C Death Star Droid MOC to complete my collecting run and focus. Please contact me directly at sith_overlord2001@yahoo.com

Cheers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Definitely going to be selling. I have really enjoyed building this run and all of the help along the way, but it is time.

Reaction score
I think Mete would be very interested in some of your pieces if he hasn't already contacted you? Best of luck with the sales.....
-Steve