My Death Star Droid collection (Update! 1/14/11)

HWR

Reaction score
Re: My Death Star Droid collection

Congrats on the new additions, and thanks for sharing.

Reaction score

Definitely one of the best treatments of a character focus I have seen yet!

Reaction score

JMiller said:
I have had the pleasure of dealing with two fantastic forum members who have been absolutely unbelievable in helping with these additions!

First up is the ESB 41-back proof from Broc. I have updated with a larger picture now that I have it in hand. Thanks again!
I was hot on that trail, but you beat me to it
I'm sure it does more justice in your collection then mine.
Thanks for sharing! Great focus, the red litho color goes great w/ this character... and Stormtrooper!

Reaction score

Thanks Adam, I appreciate the comments. Besides, you have contributed to the run....remember?

Reaction score

Cool stuff , i like moc palitoy with the double stem bubble and the uzay cardback is great as well.

Reaction score

Hello,

Thats an excellent collection you have acquired there.
Keep up the good work.

Grant.

Reaction score

WoW, Your run just keeps getting better and better. I can't wait to see any new additions.

Cheers,

-John

Reaction score

JMiller said:
I have had the pleasure of dealing with two fantastic forum members who have been absolutely unbelievable in helping with these additions! <snip> Next up is an UZAY cardback with bubble, thanks to jedge2000. This one was definitely unexpected and most appreciated!
Yer welcome!
It's such a fantastic run, and one of my favorite figures too! Glad I could help you out. Good luck with the next great find.

Reaction score

Small update...

First up is an ESB 41-A w/foot card. This one had been eluding me for a while, I'm glad to finally have it.

Next up are 2 custom cases by Oscar. Thanks again for your excellent work and help in making my ideas reality!
POPY case

Baggie case

Thanks to Oscar, I also have cases for all of my modern items as well. I hope to get to a point where I can do a current group photo of everything, but it still may be a while. 2 other items are on the way, thanks to some fellow forum members.

I appreciate everyone who has helped or commented, as well as the outstanding collections that continue to be shared here. That is what makes this all fun and inspirational!

Reaction score

Cool updatees Jason

The Popy case looks superb!

Reaction score

Makes me feel guilty for having the 20-back proof here on my shelf, all alone.

Not that guilty - mwoo-ha ha ha.. Ahem.

Reaction score

Aw Jasper, I'm sure we can find a way to assuage that guilt

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Reaction score
Re: My Death Star Droid collection (Update!)

DSD is easily one of the coolest figures that was made. Cool!

Reaction score

Hello Jason,

Congrats on the new additions. The custom cases looks great!

You have a beautiful run of the DSD. I'm looking forward to the next update.

Reaction score

I suppose it's time for a small update. As expected, this year has been a little slow. I have had more near misses on some great vintage items than I care to count, but I'm happy for what I have been able to find. Thanks again to everyone who has helped so far and the great collections that continue to be shared.

First up is a Palitoy ESB 45-B cardback, thanks to Path.

I just don't run across Palitoy ESB-anything, so I was very happy for his help with this one.

Next up are a pair of "variant" (and I use that term loosely) Fan Club mailer sets. The first has a label with the figures' names, something my first one did not have. The second one has an Insider mailing label along with more inserts.

Finally, thanks to John H, a Galactic Heroes 2-pack. I'll add a loose figure eventually, along with anything else GH-related down the line that may be cool, namely prototypes.

I'll keep my eyes open the rest of the year. If you have something or know of something that you think I may be interested in, just let me know and we'll see what I can do!

HWR

Reaction score

Great updates to a great collection. Hope you find more vintage stuff for your focus in the near future.

Reaction score

Very impressive collection indeed

I very nearly opted for a DSD run myself a few years back,it was between him/it/that or a Stormtrooper run.

In the end i opted for neither.

Reaction score

very nice death star droid collection. that popy display case is sweet

Reaction score
Re: My Death Star Droid collection (Update! 10/21)

Granted, these are no U-graded DT pieces, but I suppose it is time for a small update anyway. As expected it was a medium year in terms of volume, but I am very happy with what I have been able to add.

Thanks to ToddG for my first-ever vintage Canadian item, a SW 20-B cardback.

Thanks as well to michifromhell_de for my first-ever vintage German item, an ESB 45-back cardback.

You guys have been a tremendous help!

Finally, thanks to my local Wal-Mart for stocking a Clone Wars 4A-7.

I fully expect next year to be even slower, but hopefully I will still be able to add some exciting new things.

Actually, I have 4 more pretty neat items still out there, but I'll save that update for when they are all together. Thanks again to everyone who has helped!

Dom

Reaction score

Nice focus

Reaction score

Nice update, I know there can be dry spells when you have a minor character focus where it seems like there is nothing coming up for sale you don't already have, but then all of a sudden there's a handful of items available at the same time.

-Mark

Reaction score

Wow,

I really like your run, one of my favorites, what about one picture of all the collection.

Regards

L U I S

Reaction score

Thanks for the compliments. I am way overdue for an updated group shot, that's for sure. The main reason I'm holding back is we may be moving again, so I have not set up any type of permanent display. I suppose I could wing it, maybe I'll do that soon.

Reaction score

Great focus collection! We can all apreciate a good droid collection.

Reaction score

One last update before the new year! I was very happy to acquire a few pesky non-US modern items that had been eluding me for a while. I appreciate the help of my fellow forum members who continue to help build my collection. I actually have one more update with a nice mix of vintage and modern, but I'll save that one for a rainy day.

Japanese TOMY POTJ 12"

I really like this one even though it is only the sticker that makes it 'different.' I was not even aware this combo existed and discovered it by chance much earlier this year on a Japenese website and was finally able to pick it up recently.

Canadian Saga Legends 4A-7

Haha, this was actually picked up for me in '07 but it finally found it's way here! Thanks Fish, as always!

Palitoy ROTJ 45-C cardback

Thanks to ToddG for this one. My carded figure has a double-stem bubble while this one appears to have had a standard bubble at one time, which it makes it a viable alternative to another carded figure.

Finally, SW 20-E w/Fett offer upgrade

This is my 2nd and definitely last upgrade of this particular figure. Jeff R helped me out with this one. Thanks again!

Reaction score

Nice update Jason! That 20back upgrade is awesome!

What do you see yourself aiming for in 2010?

HWR

Reaction score

Nice additions to your great collection, Jason. Thanks for sharing, and please keep us updated, as you expand the collection.

Dom

Reaction score

Nice collection of the old cluncker. This guy has been my nemesis for years, but I will get a mint loose one.

Reaction score
Re: My Death Star Droid collection (Update! 12/6)

Okay, first update of the year! I think everyone can agree that one aspect of this hobby that makes it so much fun is you just never know what you are going to find, especially when you are not expecting to. I really did not think I would find a thing this month or even for a few months.

I have a few more really cool pieces that I'll show later, some of which practically complete my 2010 collecting goals.

So, first up, an offerless SW 20-B cardback. The missing POP is kind of a bummer, but after missing out on another one almost exactly a year ago I wasn't going to let this pass by. On a sidenote, I like the price sticker, which I assume is from an Australian chain, it makes it a little more interesting:

Next up, thanks to Isaac for a ROTJ 65-A cardback, with bubble and insert! I'll try and add a MOC example eventually.

On the modern side, a loose Clone Wars 4A-7, nothing groundbreaking here, but an overdue figure anyway:

Finally, a nice complement to my other Chris Parsons autograph, a signed POTF2. Usually I never buy autographs or autographed items, but I had already met him in person and got one, so this was an exception:

As always, thanks to everyone who has helped. I am floored by some of the recent limelights latey, keep them coming!

That's all for now, more in a month or two!

Reaction score

Nice pick ups Jason, hope to see an updated group shot one of these days!

Reaction score

Well, Joe's awesome update has inspired me to cart out my own obscure droid additions, so here goes (my camera is on the fritz, sorry for the crummy pics):

First up is a Kenner/Palitoy ESB 47-A with black Palitoy sticker on back. A huge thank you goes out to buy_me_toys, I can't thank you enough for your willingness to part with this piece so I could add it to my run.

Next up, Chris E provided me with a very cool ROTJ 65-A proof. I love it!

Rounding out the vintage scores, a big thanks to Stephane for the Canadian ESB 41-C cardback..my 2nd vintage Canadian item now.

Finally, more joy from the Great White North, a Canadian Clone Wars 4A-7.

Thanks again to everyone who has helped, I can't thank you all enough. I think I'll completely revamp my next update with new group shots and try to make the pics a bit more exciting.

HWR

Reaction score

Congrats on the new additions to your collection, Jason and thanks for sharing. Always great to follow the updates / expansions on fellow collectors collections.

Reaction score

Awesome Focus Collection!
Thanks for Sharing.

Reaction score

Wow Jason, now that WAS an update!

The proof is a great pick up, would like to see a picture of your proof run , lets see one!

Reaction score

Very nice focus! Definitely one of my favorite carded figures.