My custom ESB cardbacks for Fett, C-3PO, Vader and Luke Snowspeeder Pilot

Reaction score
Hi all,
I wanted to share my custom cardbacks that I've made for the ESB Fett, C-3PO, Vader and Luke Snowspeeder Pilot. It always bugged me that they used the SW photos for Vader and C-3PO on the ESB cards (I know there's removable limbs C-3PO but I wanted a proper photo of him standing).
All of these (and many more custom cards) are available from my Etsy store "KennerByKing". Check it out if you have some time.

Attachments

• Kenner-ESB C-3PO Card-Front-and-Back.jpg
    Kenner-ESB C-3PO Card-Front-and-Back.jpg
    875.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Kenner-ESB Darth Vader Card-Front-and-Back.jpg
    Kenner-ESB Darth Vader Card-Front-and-Back.jpg
    927.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Kenner-Luke Snowspeeder Pilot Card-Front-and-Back.jpg
    Kenner-Luke Snowspeeder Pilot Card-Front-and-Back.jpg
    900.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Kenner-Boba Fett Card-Front-and-Back.jpg
    Kenner-Boba Fett Card-Front-and-Back.jpg
    907.8 KB · Views: 49
  • icm_fullxfull.308476340_35hxc36dnk6co0c4cw4g.jpg
    icm_fullxfull.308476340_35hxc36dnk6co0c4cw4g.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Reaction score
I thought there would be more interest in these (especially after not having much luck with my Superhero cardbacks on a star wars collecting forum, I thought these would generate a lot more responses). Tough crowd!
Check out my Etsy store if you are interested:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/KennerByKing

Here's a photo showing the Retro Collection card with my version. Which one do you prefer. :)

Attachments

• Retro Luke with Card.jpg
    Retro Luke with Card.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, but after previous attempts at posting in the customizing forum, there's generally even less response there. LOL. No worries. Thanks for commenting.

Reaction score
He was trying to nicely say it’s in the wrong section. Just because you didn’t get the response you think you should doesn’t mean you should start posting in sections where it doesn’t belong. I get it, you worked hard, good job. customs aren’t everyone’s cup of tea some people might even refer to them as fakes. Good luck with your Etsy store. not really sure this is the right avenue to promote it.

Reaction score
I know what he was trying to say. Thanks for your input. Hard to understand how anyone could consider them fakes since they're all entirely new photos on the front which were never used before, so how can you fake a card that has never actually been made before??? I personally think that a Star Wars figure collecting forum is a great avenue to promote some star wars figure custom cards.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not to throw gasoline on the fire here, but technically, if you're putting any SW/ESB/ROTJ/POTF/Droids/etc. logos and Kenner on the card it's considered fake (or custom depending on how you see it). I've made some customs here, others can say they are "fakes" because Kenner never produced them. 2 of them are in my avatar to the left... Similar to the "unique" LV/Gucci stuff that people make and peddle on Ebay, no matter how well it looks or feels it's not original manufacturer works, and thus counterfeit.

BTW, your cards look great. Just making a point here.

Reaction score
Thanks for your comments about the cards.

I cannot comprehend how the word "fake" can even be used. I have not attempted to create an exact copy of a previously released card. Since these are totally new photos which have never been made before, I do not (and never will) consider them to be counterfeit or fake and the creation of them is in no way "similar" to the LV/Gucci stuff sold on ebay.

These are not being sold as originals. They are not intended to be thought of as originals. They are simply alternate cardbacks for figures which have been released by Kenner / Hasbro (either vintage or Retro Collection). Nothing more sinister than that and I'd suggest if anyone reads something more into it, perhaps they should pursue a different hobby.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I thought there would be more interest in these (especially after not having much luck with my Superhero cardbacks on a star wars collecting forum, I thought these would generate a lot more responses). Tough crowd!
Check out my Etsy store if you are interested:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/KennerByKing

Here's a photo showing the Retro Collection card with my version. Which one do you prefer. :)

I defo prefer your card, which is a far-superior composition and photo to the offical one - and in further keeping with the Kenner style cards.

Reaction score
I think your cards look great man! This site has people posting things all over the place where "they shouldn't be" so don't let anyone ruffle your feathers about posting it in the wrong place. I always thought that a different Vader image on the ESB card would've been nice back in the day so it's nice to see an appropriate image on such a card. And I definitely like your image of Snowspeeder Luke better than Hasbro's weird mugshot of him. Nice work.

Reaction score
You have a real eye for selecting images that work well for cardbacks and then sizing them accordingly. Are these stills you’ve found? Screenshots? Your photoshop skills of whatever program you use are top notch as well.

Reaction score
Thanks MARK2D2 - very kind of you to say so. I try to avoid using screenshots because Kenner wouldn't have used them back then. I hunt around through my photo files until I can find an actual production still that would be appropriate. Some of the backgrounds need to be extended either up or to the sides (or both) to fill the available space but I try to do it in a way that blends in and isn't noticeable.

You have a real eye for selecting images that work well for cardbacks and then sizing them accordingly. Are these stills you’ve found? Screenshots? Your photoshop skills of whatever program you use are top notch as well.

Reaction score
Here's the droids with their cards. Trying to find a suitable "swamp dirty" sticker for R2 at the moment but looks like I will have to try and do the artwork for that myself and get it printed onto a sheet with die-cut edges.

Attachments

• 20210119_125935.jpg
    20210119_125935.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 25
Reaction score
Just finished a set of Battelstar Galactica figure cardbacks to continue my "what if Kenner had made them" cards for one lucky customer. These are all in my Etsy store if anyone else wants them.

Attachments

• Kenner-Battlestar Galactica Cards-Fronts and Back.jpg
    Kenner-Battlestar Galactica Cards-Fronts and Back.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
Reaction score
Holy Schnikeys! PM me if you want to sell me that exact R2 custom card w the R2 inside!!
Your work is top notch my friend and Walmart or Target should source your skills!!