My current collection

Reaction score
You stepped on a landmine when you said Fett is overrated, Sergiu. Hahaha! Just kidding. I'm sure Trav does not mind your honesty, but I do know he loves the character because of his Western-like approach. I don't have such interest for Fett as Travis has, but I think he's a cool character. Ben, however, would be my favorite character for a TV series to be based on, so careful with telling me he is overrated, too! haha! (JK).

My concern with the Mandalorian is basically with how PC'ed the show could end up being. I'm getting tired of the 120 pound woman beating up twenty 250 pound guys because she is a woman and men are evil, or about same gender relationships and so forth. Just make it an adventure for everyone like in the old times, not just something to carry on an agenda and try to "teach" us a lesson.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Julian LOL. Serg and anyone are obviously entitled to their opinion and I do respect that. But yes, it was a landmine :)!

I'm with you on the Mandalorian, my co-worker said the first episode was pretty much what you and I would both hope for. No PC crap. I also hear George Lucas is going to write an episode or two so that helps my faith in it as well. I am cautiously optimistic about it after what Serg said.

Reaction score
I never cared as much as others about Boba Fett, I'm more of a Stormtrooper and Vader guy, that was not a secret, my friends know this. But the big problem I have with Boba is that all the mystery he had prior to the Prequels is gone. He was cool in the animated series, he was cool in ESB, but lost almost all cool in ROTJ (George made a mistake with him there, that is hard to fix now, no matter what).

Prequels didn't help either, forcing Jango as the "father" of Boba, and the pattern for the clones - that is one of the Prequel things I never liked, like the midichlorians, immaculate conception, Gungans etc. In a way I like Jango more in PT than Boba in OT. I'm sorry if this might have felt bad, it is not my intention, though there was a friend who didn't speak to me after I said I don't like Batfleck compared to the other incarnations. :) The funny thing is I like the Mandalorian more than Fett, at least the first episode. It is not a perfect episode, there were a few things that I didn't like, but will talk about it when you watch it, thus not to spoil it.

Reaction score
I never cared as much as others about Boba Fett, I'm more of a Stormtrooper and Vader guy, that was not a secret, my friends know this. But the big problem I have with Boba is that all the mystery he had prior to the Prequels is gone. He was cool in the animated series, he was cool in ESB, but lost almost all cool in ROTJ (George made a mistake with him there, that is hard to fix now, no matter what).

Prequels didn't help either, forcing Jango as the "father" of Boba, and the pattern for the clones - that is one of the Prequel things I never liked, like the midichlorians, immaculate conception, Gungans etc. In a way I like Jango more in PT than Boba in OT. I'm sorry if this might have felt bad, it is not my intention, though there was a friend who didn't speak to me after I said I don't like Batfleck compared to the other incarnations. :) The funny thing is I like the Mandalorian more than Fett, at least the first episode. It is not a perfect episode, there were a few things that I didn't like, but will talk about it when you watch it, thus not to spoil it.
You make some valid points. A couple I agree with, mainly the more exposure they give to Boba Fett and remove the mystery of his character (something Leone was wise to not do in his westerns to Clint Eastwood's character) the less mystique he has. Also, George absolutely handled his death wrong and you are right, all the recons and books in the world make it hard to undo what he did to him in ROTJ.

Though I kind of liked Boba is simply a clone of Jango and did love he was the pattern for the clones, I do agree I miss the original story line that out there. It was about how Boba was a rogue Stormtrooper Commando who killed his commanding officer, thus became a bounty hunter. This was touched on in the SW books that were wrote in the '80s and in Dark Empire II. To me, no question that is a much better story and still mysterious.
yw8yi9ljamc31.png
I am also (as you can see from my collection) a Stormtrooper and Vader guy as well, Vader my 2nd favorite and the troopers #3 but of course I do love Boba Fett. But in no way is that going to make me not talk to you LOL. It's nowhere near that serious my friend :)!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Of course. :) I'm sure you'll like Mandalorian, he is exactly like a Clint Eastwood's character, and the first scenes are coming like from a classic western. And I do like Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns, they were the movies even Ceausescu allowed here back then. I only hope i'll be able to watch the other episodes too, maybe someone to put download links or something, otherwise the wait will be quite long for EU fans...

Reaction score
I'm waiting for my Xfinity/Comcast cable service to make the app available and watch it through my TV. So far they have nothing other than Hulu, Netflix and Youtube. But I trust Sergiu's opinion of the show. I'm so much waiting to see something at the level of Rogue One or better. I do like the actors. Giancarlo Esposito was great in Breaking Bad so I know I'll like his acting there. Same as Pedro Pascal in Game of Thrones.

Reaction score
My PS4 has the app, I already downloaded it on there. Just waiting for the wife to come back and start my trial. I can at least see two episodes for free and then decide if it is worth it.

I also agree Julian that Giancarlo was excellent as Gus in Breaking Bad. Never saw Game of Thrones.

Serg, hopefully the wait is not too long! There always seem to be...loopholes...out there :).

Reaction score
Links sent :)
Serg I just watched both episodes. Thank you again!!

Holy crap the first episode is good!! You were right. The second one was decent but not as good, but not every episode in a show is going to be great. Still, very awesome. Julian, you will love it!

I was pleased with the Boba Fett animated cartoon references toward riding the creature he did in the Christmas special and Life Day LOL.

Reaction score
I second what Travis just said ( I've just watched it Trav) :) I've only seen the first episode and will re watch it with my family tonight and episode 2 as well. The first episode kicked butt. It does feel like a Western at times, and loved seeing all the OT references. If the show remains this good, I see myself getting, at least, a Mandalorian mini bust if GG make it available. Great show so far. Thanks for the hook up , Sergiu.

Reaction score
I think this is the Star Wars we (at least I) wanted from the The Last Jedi fiasco.
As for Soylent Green, is one of my favorite sci-fi movies, BTW Edward G. Robinson has Romanian origins

Reaction score
I second what Travis just said ( I've just watched it Trav) :) I've only seen the first episode and will re watch it with my family tonight and episode 2 as well. The first episode kicked butt. It does feel like a Western at times, and loved seeing all the OT references. If the show remains this good, I see myself getting, at least, a Mandalorian mini bust if GG make it available. Great show so far. Thanks for the hook up , Sergiu.
Julian now that you have seen it and Serg wants to talk about it, what I further loved were the deep Boba / Jango Fett geek references in it. Not only all the holiday special ones for Boba's debut (right down to the tuning fork he uses as a weapon) but also how he fights / is in a Jawa sandcrawler (in the '80s Marvel comics that is how they find Boba, having escaped the Sarlacc and mistake him for a droid. This was the origin of Boba surviving the Sarlacc pit BTW). Below is a great article about it in detail:

https://www.cbr.com/i-love-ya-but-youre-strange-boba-fetts-sad-day-out-of-the-sarlacc-pit/

Plus, I liked watching the Mandalorian battle a creature similar to the Reek that disables Jango's jetpack in AOTC in the arena battle on Geonosis, which ultimately leads to his death due to the fact he can't fly away when Mace Windu charges and beheads him. Another great homage!

If they keep things like that up, along with the western theme (I love how he also has the spurs sounds when he walks like Boba Fett did in Empire!), low dialogue from the Mandalorian and great action this is the Star Wars we have been waiting for since Revenge of the Sith came out 15 years ago!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think this is the Star Wars we (at least I) wanted from the The Last Jedi fiasco.
As for Soylent Green, is one of my favorite sci-fi movies, BTW Edward G. Robinson has Romanian origins
Thanks Serg! I own this movie and used to watch it with my Dad all the time as a kid. Dad loved Heston in Soylent Green, Omega Man, Planet of the Apes, Earthquake, etc. I still own all those movies as well.

Pretty cool fact that Edward G. Robinson is from your country!

Reaction score
Also, I did pre-order the Hot Toys Mandalorian figure. So this will be my first Star Wars Hot Toys ever. I had $40 off in SS credits so the price was right, and I think they are going to sell out soon. I pre-ordered the Vintage collection Mandalorian figure weeks ago and it is now sold out.

Lastly, though $700 is a LOT to bite off really tempted to get that EFX helmet too.

Reaction score
The show so far is well thought out, and makes you want to keep watching it. Indeed it has references from different sources that really envelopes you into the Star Wars feel. Love the scene with the monster you referred to, Travis. and indeed it felt "Jango-ish"

I've never seen Soylent Green, to be honest. But I loved all the movies I've seen with Charlton Heston. As far as I can remember: Planet of the Apes, Earthquake, Ben-Hur, Midway. And I used to watch all the old gangster movies with Edward G. Robinson in them. I think he was a great actor from Hollywood's golden age, usually playing the bad guy, along with James Cagney and Humphrey Bogart. If I can find this movie somewhere, I'll give it a watch.

Reaction score
Also, I did pre-order the Hot Toys Mandalorian figure. So this will be my first Star Wars Hot Toys ever. I had $40 off in SS credits so the price was right, and I think they are going to sell out soon. I pre-ordered the Vintage collection Mandalorian figure weeks ago and it is now sold out.

Lastly, though $700 is a LOT to bite off really tempted to get that EFX helmet too.
Is the eFX helmet already available or is this something they are promising? From what I've read about that company, I'm not sure I would want to order from them unless they have the helmet in stock. I think it'd be safer to order from a third party in case EFX don't deliver and can get the money back.

Reaction score
The show so far is well thought out, and makes you want to keep watching it. Indeed it has references from different sources that really envelopes you into the Star Wars feel. Love the scene with the monster you referred to, Travis. and indeed it felt "Jango-ish"

I've never seen Soylent Green, to be honest. But I loved all the movies I've seen with Charlton Heston. As far as I can remember: Planet of the Apes, Earthquake, Ben-Hur, Midway. And I used to watch all the old gangster movies with Edward G. Robinson in them. I think he was a great actor from Hollywood's golden age, usually playing the bad guy, along with James Cagney and Humphrey Bogart. If I can find this movie somewhere, I'll give it a watch.
Soylent Green is the best of the bunch from Heston to be honest Julian, except of course Planet of the Apes. Edward G Robinson plays an excellent, heart felt role in this film as well. I bought it through my PS4 Playstation store at $9. Well worth it!

I also know it was free via Prime for a minute, but not sure about now.

Reaction score
Is the eFX helmet already available or is this something they are promising? From what I've read about that company, I'm not sure I would want to order from them unless they have the helmet in stock. I think it'd be safer to order from a third party in case EFX don't deliver and can get the money back.
Yes, I am WELL aware of EFX's noted history and problems. I pre-ordered their Boba Fett helmet from BBTS, and BBTS are solid. No worries there.

The Mandalorian helmet is ONLY available from Chronicle Collectables (from Texas) or EFX. Again, I feel that third party doesn't want to tick off their growing base as this is their 1st Star Wars exclusive item ever offered. My concern is I waited on the (wearable, which I will not wear these) Anovos one at $655 and it already pre-sold out. I think the EFX is nicer and comes with a display stand. But yes I know it is a risk.

Reaction score
New Star Wars issues I got. Picked up Boba Fett (of course) and Leia, mostly due to it being a Boushh story.
IMG_6128.JPG

Reaction score
I wanted to post these for a long time now. Before we moved over a year ago, my wife surprised me with these. What is mostly amazing about these are the fact my wife pretty much hates Star Wars. She thinks it's boring, doesn't get it and won't watch it when I do. But she knows I love it and she does like the look of Vader, Boba Fett and the Stormtroopers at least.

So when she bought these R2 Salt and Pepper shakers for the kitchen, I was pretty shocked because they are part of the main house. It was like she allowed part of my SW collection outside of my designated room...and that makes these awesome!
IMG_6130.JPG

Reaction score
I agree with Sven. Now that your wife was so nice to get you something that is more your thing than hers, well, a little present from you would be great. God knows I do it for my wife all the time. It adds salt & pepper to your relationship, making it more "spicy". Remember: Happy Wife, Happy Life. :)

Reaction score
I agree with Sven. Now that your wife was so nice to get you something that is more your thing than hers, well, a little present from you would be great. God knows I do it for my wife all the time. It adds salt & pepper to your relationship, making it more "spicy". Remember: Happy Wife, Happy Life. :)
When she first got them for me over a year ago, I did :). She even likes to look at what I buy when I get it. She may not get it or even care for it, but at least makes the effort to see it and comment on it.

Reaction score
I know I at first really resisted getting Disney +, but have to say I have been pleasantly surprised with their selections. One of my all time favorite Sci Fi movies is TRON: LEGACY. They have the extended version on there, doesn't add much but I really love that movie.

Also, the selection of older cartoons from my youth (Spiderman and His Amazing Friends, Spider Man) to go with modern classics like Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Clone Wars and all the SW movies in one place, The Mandalorian, etc. It has been a pleasant surprise to say the least.

Reaction score
I like TRON, both the old and new. As for the new Mando episode, it was great, the SW I waited for a long time to happen.

Reaction score
I like TRON, both the old and new. As for the new Mando episode, it was great, the SW I waited for a long time to happen.
I love Tron Legacy, the original Tron to me is good but clunky. As a kid I did not like it, but loved the video game (go figure). I watched Tron again this week and thought maybe being older, I would enjoy it more now. I really did not. I can see the appeal to it, but it's hard to watch now more so compared to the Legacy version.

However, I truly admire the skill and effort it took to make that movie in the early '80s. Disney had to film the whole movie (the Computer world Grid parts) in B/W and individually paint every cell, every scene to get that glowing effect. Also, the CGI ships they used at the time were revolutionary. So though I admire the effort, guess the movie is just kind of okay to me.

Reaction score
Also Serg, yes it is the SW I have been waiting for since Disney took over, though I will admit to really liking Rogue One. So what I see is Disney can do old established SW themes well, but brand new characters (the entire sequels) not so much. I also liked the easter egg of the Mandalorian who was the heavy artillery guy being voiced by Pre Vizsla (or producer Jon Favreau!) , the coup leader of the Mandalorians on the Clone Wars cartoon.

Another reason I got Disney + was I knew they were supposed to finish the Clone Wars cartoon that was left open ended because of the disney purchase of SW, thus stopping the CN run. Does anyone know when that is supposed to happen?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll get Disney+ when they arrive in EU, but one thing for sure is that I'll get the DVD. I also need to buy the Clone Wars, Rebels, and Ewoks (LOL) DVD's/DVD sets some day.

Reaction score
I'll get Disney+ when they arrive in EU, but one thing for sure is that I'll get the DVD. I also need to buy the Clone Wars, Rebels, and Ewoks (LOL) DVD's/DVD sets some day.
What, Ewoks but no Droids?? No Ewoks The Battle for Endor? Thought you were a REAL fan Serg haha :).

I would love to have the Clone Wars on Blu ray/DVD. Rebels I already own Season 2, the only season of the show I liked at all (mainly because of Vader, Ahsoka and Captain Rex). But yes, I do hope they put the Mandalorian out on Blu ray as well.

Reaction score
I picked this up for my Boba Fett collection, but having one in hand again after decades I am tempted to get a couple more. SIGMA figurines from ROTJ in '83. Very pleased with this, especially for the price :)!
IMG_6131.JPG

IMG_6132.JPG