My current collection

Reaction score
Nice Boba Fett figure. And all the pictures from the exhibits look great, Travis. Thank you for sharing them!

Reaction score
Took a page from Julian and made my own icon based off a sketch from one of my all time favorite artists (and best Boba Fett ever drawn) Cam Kennedy. I colored his sketch in Photoshop for my Avatar.

ORIGINAL:
DIpsiNTW0AAA0zm.jpg
PHOTOSHOP COLORED:
Fett Ava.jpg

Reaction score
So I was at Target tonight and the store central computer told me there were 3 Mandalorian exclusives in the store and 4 in the stock room. I of course go to the aisle...none. I asked a fairly helpful and nice older lady and she could not locate them. She said I will get the younger guy who works the aisle and ask him to go check in the back. This kid wasted more time and energy explaining to me why they WERE NOT in the store (that his computer said they were) than the time it would of took to run back to the stock room and get me one. I felt he was holding them for someone else.

I wish they would put the dang thing online already!

Reaction score
Colorized version of the Fett sketch looks great Travis. I like your new avatar much better than your old one. :)

And now that you mentioned the Target exclusive Mandalorian figure, I wasted my time today as well. I went with my wife to the Target store near our house, gave the guy the DCPI number and he said he did not have any, but that another store about 40 minutes from that one had some. So he calls there and this guy name 'Garry' answered and tells us to drive right over, that there are plenty of them on the pegs. So, I figured "what the heck!" let's take the drive and pick this up for Travis. Took us actually about an hour to get there with heavy traffic (what's new in Miami, right?) So we walk in and asked for this Garry guy. Nerdy looking guy shows up tippy toeing through the isle, comes up and did the same crap to us this other guy did to you... 'Well, sir. The computer says we have ten of them but I cannot find their location... I don't know where they are" So I freaking exploded. I told him "You made me drive from the other side of town, wasting gas, putting miles on my car, and fighting traffic because you said to come over that you had plenty and now you don't know where they are? You need to have your brain checked, man!!" So we just walked out feeling like a couple of stupids and realizing you can't believe crap they tell you on the phone.

( Garry maybe you read these forums so here it goes: "sei uno stronzo" ... look it up) :)

Reaction score
Colorized version of the Fett sketch looks great Travis. I like your new avatar much better than your old one. :)

And now that you mentioned the Target exclusive Mandalorian figure, I wasted my time today as well. I went with my wife to the Target store near our house, gave the guy the DCPI number and he said he did not have any, but that another store about 40 minutes from that one had some. So he calls there and this guy name 'Garry' answered and tells us to drive right over, that there are plenty of them on the pegs. So, I figured "what the heck!" let's take the drive and pick this up for Travis. Took us actually about an hour to get there with heavy traffic (what's new in Miami, right?) So we walk in and asked for this Garry guy. Nerdy looking guy shows up tippy toeing through the isle, comes up and did the same crap to us this other guy did to you... 'Well, sir. The computer says we have ten of them but I cannot find their location... I don't know where they are" So I freaking exploded. I told him "You made me drive from the other side of town, wasting gas, putting miles on my car, and fighting traffic because you said to come over that you had plenty and now you don't know where they are? You need to have your brain checked, man!!" So we just walked out feeling like a couple of stupids and realizing you can't believe crap they tell you on the phone.

( Garry maybe you read these forums so here it goes: "sei uno stronzo" ... look it up) :)
The kid who helped me was a fellow young Italian, but he was suspect. He refused to look anywhere and just kept pointing to the aisle we were in and saying "there are none here". The older Target lady even kept saying to him "we can see that, can you go in the back?" and he REFUSED.

Julian, thank you so much for the effort and I am so sorry it was a waste. I left my house at 8PM in the pouring rain to get one and also got the runaround. On a positive note, I DID pick up a Pumpkin Pie LMAO.

PS) Thanks for the compliments on my Avatar! I have to admit you inspired me to do one myself.

I had an hour to kill at work yesterday and decided to get some old creative art back in. The true praise goes to the artist Cam Kennedy, who did Dark Empire and Dark Empire II, Boba Fett Death, Lies and Treachery, Bounty on Bar-Kooda, Murder Most Foul plus Boba Fett When the Fat Lady Swings.

Reaction score
Picked this up just now. My buddy at work is huge into comics and told me to get it, SDCC limited to 350 comics. I will display it with my other Jango Fett items someday. Sure that will work with the wife :unsure:...Jango cos.jpg

Reaction score
Hey Travis, you are welcome. I don't mind doing the drive, but I do mind when someone just tells me a lie and makes me go across town for nothing. I'll keep looking for that figure, but I sure as hell will make sure next time they are holding it for me at their front desk before doing anything.

I like the card you've got. A very flirtatious interpretation of a very perky lady Mandalorian, same as Sergiu's Lady Stormtrooper. The work is reminiscent of Pat Carlucci's work (comic book artist, penciller and colorist), original owner of Sandtroopers.com who died years ago at a young age. He pretty much got me into writing reviews, visual guides and doing stuff for Koto. Sergiu might remember him. Nice card, Travis!

Reaction score
Hey Travis, you are welcome. I don't mind doing the drive, but I do mind when someone just tells me a lie and makes me go across town for nothing. I'll keep looking for that figure, but I sure as hell will make sure next time they are holding it for me at their front desk before doing anything.

I like the card you've got. A very flirtatious interpretation of a very perky lady Mandalorian, same as Sergiu's Lady Stormtrooper. The work is reminiscent of Pat Carlucci's work (comic book artist, penciller and colorist), original owner of Sandtroopers.com who died years ago at a young age. He pretty much got me into writing reviews, visual guides and doing stuff for Koto. Sergiu might remember him. Nice card, Travis!
Thanks Julian, it is actually a comic book cover but I think they make prints and cards out of the art as well.

I also felt like that kid at Target was lying, and sure enough today the site says they are all sold out. Okay...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked up some old Graphic Novels I loved, mostly Boba Fett Cam Kennedy ones I referred to earlier but also Splinter of the Minds Eye, the first Star Wars "expanded universe" book I ever read as a kid in the '70s. I really like the comic interpretation as well. As most on here may know but many do not that was the movie George was going to film if Star Wars was not a hit. Instead it of course was and we got Empire, but I really love that story nonetheless.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg

Reaction score
My buddy from work surprised me with this! He called it an early Christmas gift. I have NO clue how or where he got it, but such an awesome surprise!!

IMG_99181.jpg

Reaction score
Splinter of the Mind's Eye, great book!
Thanks Serg, one of my all time favorite books and the comic is really top notch as well. You can still see elements from it in Empire (mostly the cave fight with Vader) and Vader's obsession with Luke as well.

Reaction score
I know it may not be a big deal to some, but a year ago today I lost my dog Peach. I am still sad when I think about it and miss her all the time. She was my best bud, and the world sucks more without her here.
Peach_ 11.01.2016.JPG
IMG_8693.jpeg

Reaction score
Know how that feels. In February this year, a few days before my birthday, our beloved cat passed. :(
Sorry to hear Serg. It's never easy when they go. My dog passed while I was moving, ready to drive 3 days. The timing could not have been worse and it messed me up for weeks while trying to learn a new job.

Reaction score
When I was a kid, my Dad used to call this "his day" and as a Marine in Vietnam he earned it. I also had 3 Uncles, great Uncles who also served in WWI and WWII in the Army and Navy. I miss them all and thank everyone who served, including my current co-workers who still serve 🇺🇸.

Dad in Vietnam:
Dad_Marines close.jpg
Dad Vietnam injured.jpg
Great Uncle Joe in WWI:
Uncle Joe WWI.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Love the pictures, Travis. Thank you for sharing them with us and my deepest respect and thanks to your Dad and great uncles for their service to our nation. May their souls always rest in peace.

Reaction score
Love the pictures, Travis. Thank you for sharing them with us and my deepest respect and thanks to your Dad and great uncles for their service to our nation. May their souls always rest in peace.
Thanks Julian, I appreciate the kind words!

Reaction score
Added a Jango Fett Photoshop colored version of the Avatar for variety. Not as many options as say Julian LOL, but still some change every week.
Jango avatar.jpg

Reaction score
Also, I noticed Disney has their streaming service now on the PS4, a free week trail then $7 a month. I might eventually give in to a free trial since my Netflix and Amazon Prime are both expired now.

But does anyone know if "The Mandalorian" show has started yet? Figure may as well wait until I can binge watch a couple episodes of that first.

Reaction score
I managed to watch Mandalorian, besides being in EU (we should only get Disney+ in March next year or so), and for me it was waaay above TFA and TLJ in quality. It felt like Star Wars.

Reaction score
Also, I noticed Disney has their streaming service now on the PS4, a free week trail then $7 a month. I might eventually give in to a free trial since my Netflix and Amazon Prime are both expired now.

But does anyone know if "The Mandalorian" show has started yet? Figure may as well wait until I can binge watch a couple episodes of that first.
I haven't watched it as I do not have Disney + I did hear on the radio this morning that thousands of people were complaining because their streaming service was not good and they couldn't watch certain programs. Disney said it was due to an overload of customers to their service.

Reaction score
I got a Google Drive link and downloaded it from there, in Europe (and other continents) we don't have access to Disney+ streaming service till next year. And I don't need ultra-HD, 4K, 16K etc. to watch it for the first time, I'm happy with regular resolution. Heck, ages ago we watched stuff on small cathode screen TV's and enjoyed it the same with the huge flat TV's of today, if not more. I only hope someone will upload the upcoming episodes for the rest of the world

Reaction score
I managed to watch Mandalorian, besides being in EU (we should only get Disney+ in March next year or so), and for me it was waaay above TFA and TLJ in quality. It felt like Star Wars.
So did you only see one episode Serg? Is there only one episode out? Also, TFA and TLJ are a bar that is WAYYY too low. Being better than TFA (never saw and never will TLJ) is like not being the worst teams in the league. I am expecting Rogue One quality at least or I won't waste my time. I prefer ROTS quality but won't hold my breath...

Reaction score
I haven't watched it as I do not have Disney + I did hear on the radio this morning that thousands of people were complaining because their streaming service was not good and they couldn't watch certain programs. Disney said it was due to an overload of customers to their service.
Thanks Julian. My wife is out of state anyways so I can't do anything until she comes home this weekend as is, being we they want information to secure a free trial and all.

Reaction score
There is just one episode out, next will be this Friday. The story is good, The action is good too, the overall feeling is the most Star Warsy I've seen since Rogue One. And you have to understand that I find Boba Fett as being one of the most overrated characters, and I still like Mandalorian. This is the Star Wars I was waiting for. This is a series of 10 episodes no just a movie, so the story will evolve for sure, hopefully the rest will be as good.

Reaction score
First, Serg...Boba Fett "overrated"???? GASP!! You cut deep man! Everyone is entitled to their opinion my friend, but I never get that argument and yes I know it is out there. He was the definitive bounty hunter, had such a rep Vader personally pointed him out and he even talked back to Vader. No one else who even remotely disappoints Vader lives in ESB to show you the level of respect he had for Boba. He also got the job done he was paid to do.

Now sure, his death to a carbon poisoned blind Han was pathetic. One of my few beefs with Lucas but then ROTJ in general is one of my lesser SW movies. So I get at the time George was just wrapping up loose ends as he was done with it at that point. But if you read about him in Dark Empire or all the books I just got, or ever play him / against him in the Force Unleashed games // Battlefront games he is the man. Now again, if you are a movie only person I can (kind of) see your point of view but clearly I do not share it.

I would go a step further and say his "Father" Jango is the greatest bounty hunter ever. He also went down fighting and died a solider's death. But to call Boba one of the most overrated characters ever? Stings man 😭...

As for the Mandalorian, thank you for sharing that schedule and yes I really liked Rogue One so it is great to hear this may be on par with it. I will wait a couple more weeks before getting this service so that I can watch a few episodes back to back but I am encouraged to hear this...even from a hater LOL.

Reaction score
Another point I wanted to make about the popularity of Boba Fett may have more to do with American culture. The whole "Bounty Killer" and "Man with no Name" (note how Vader only refers to him as "Bounty Hunter" and of course he only has a few lines of dialogue) of course comes from our love affair and George Lucas' with the American Western. He isn't too shy about acknowledging that Boba was based off Clint Eastwood's character from the Leone westerns. So to me, as a massive western fan of course would naturally love Boba Fett. George also used Lee Van Cleef as inspiration for Cad Bane in the Clone Wars cartoon as well. I feel that is why those characters resonate with me personally, and it could possibly be the "lost in translation" case for you. I know the Mandalorian is also supposed to have a heavy western feel, from it's promo posters to how it is shot.

Or you could just not like Boba LOL, just wanted to expand on this some more was all :).