My current collection

Reaction score
I remember going into Barnes & Noble and seeing a big display for these retro style figures. A couple of times I felt tempted to buy some of them for just their nostalgic look, but never did it. Indeed, they did look the part quite well.
The ones I regret passing on were the JAWS ones. I would always see Hooper and Jaws. But never Quint or Brody, so I never bought any of them. Now they go for MASSIVE $$ and I kick myself for not getting the ones I could of at cost.

Reaction score
Spent a nice (but LONG drive back) weekend in my old home of Annapolis, MD. Went to DC and VA while down there too.

Couldn't believe this when my wife pointed it out to me, but look at the guy on the motorcycle in FULL Stormtrooper gear in 100 degree heat LOL!! I mean I know Reagan launched Star Wars but come on! Also saw this awesome full size Vader at the LEGO Store, along with many other expensive and awesome things I didn't get haha.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That Stormbiker really takes seriously being protected when riding a bike! Maybe the outfit becomes trendy and there are more bikers out there, at least, wearing the Stormtrooper helmet. Here in my area no one is using a helmet when riding a bike. Too many accident reports involving injuries because of this issue. So, kudos to that biker for the cool outfit and body protection, and I should say good eyes on your wife for spotting him to take the picture. Cool stuff! ... and I could hear the engine of a certain Challenger roaring as well! B)

Reaction score
Ha! That Stormbiker is great! I think I'd do a triple take if I saw that out on the roads.
Ben, it's funny you said that. Because we were in horrible gridlock coming back and she said "LOOK!" I initially had to register what I was seeing. Glad she snapped a photo of him when she did!

Reaction score
That Stormbiker really takes seriously being protected when riding a bike! Maybe the outfit becomes trendy and there are more bikers out there, at least, wearing the Stormtrooper helmet. Here in my area no one is using a helmet when riding a bike. Too many accident reports involving injuries because of this issue. So, kudos to that biker for the cool outfit and body protection, and I should say good eyes on your wife for spotting him to take the picture. Cool stuff! ... and I could hear the engine of a certain Challenger roaring as well! B)
It was awesome and...well geeky. But definitely as a SW fan pretty cool to see the lines of sci-fi and reality being bent like that :). If he had a Biker Scout helmet instead IMO it would of been even better. I couldn't believe she got a shot of him because after that he disappeared like he never existed haha.

It might of been one of the three Challengers on the road, who knows?

Reaction score
On a whim, while running errands after Church with the wife I went to the men's dept at Target. They had a peg full of Luke in Stormtrooper disguise 6" Black series from the trash compactor (passed), and Han in the 3 3/4" retro card Stormtrooper disguise. I have to say in person it swayed me, so I got the Han because I love the retro cards.

Needless to say no other retro figs at all of the originals that were released. They did have ESB Hoth Soldier, Rogue One Jyn and someone from the sequel. I passed on all of those as well.

Reaction score
A bit late in the day, but as we remember all the Veterans on Memorial Day I wanted to remember my Dad, who served in Vietnam for the Marine Corps. Dad had plenty of medals, but never liked to talk about the war or that da*n jungle much. Before he passed, we probably talked about his time there more in one day than he had my whole life. I have my Dad's Marine uniform when he returned and all his medals, my most prized possessions in the world. This photo was right before he left for the war from Parris Island, SC.

Reaction score
Unfortunately your Dad is no longer in this physical world so I could have the honor to say this to him personally, but as a believer I know where he is he can hear all of us that care say it to him: Thank you for your service and patriotism, Sir!

Reaction score
Unfortunately your Dad is no longer in this physical world so I could have the honor to say this to him personally, but as a believer I know where he is he can hear all of us that care say it to him: Thank you for your service and patriotism, Sir!
That means so much, thank you Julian!

Reaction score
After picking up the Vintage Collection Han Stormtrooper, decided I really like the original SW packaging Vintage collection figures that were not produced in the original Kenner line (like Han in this outfit). So I also got these two, a Sandtrooper (one of my favorite Troopers) and Bom Vindim. I now just need the Rebel Fleet Trooper (prices are absurd on ebay!) and maybe someday Dr. Evazan. I also wish the upcoming Death Star Gunner was going to be on an original card and not Rogue One, but oh well.

Reaction score
Was at Target after the gym this morning getting some things, and found this Darth Vader in a tube with the "Galaxy of Adventures" packaging! Since it is a Vader I didn't own, and I LOVE (LOVE :wub:) those 1:30 minute animated shorts, I picked this up. I think the whole case was there; it was 4 Chewies, 2 Han Solo Bespin, 1 Yoda AOTC / ROTS and 1 Vader. I almost got the Yoda as well but saw this R/T Charger from the fast and the Furious for $13 and could pass LOL.

Reaction score
Added a couple Retro collection figures today, R2 on classic SW card and one of my favorite designed troopers of all time, the Death Star Gunner!

Reaction score
Because I am a sucker for all things Boba Fett...SIGH. Though I still think this is really cool! SDCC Black Series 40th ESB Retro figure!

Reaction score
I like Boba Fett. I wish I'd have the room for the Mythos one. Such a cool statue. As far as action figures, I still have the one from POTF2 with half circles, signed by Jeremy Bulloch ..oh! and the Unleashed one, first release in the big card, not the cylindrical package he was later on re-released in. Congrats on your new Fett!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like Boba Fett. I wish I'd have the room for the Mythos one. Such a cool statue. As far as action figures, I still have the one from POTF2 with half circles, signed by Jeremy Bulloch ..oh! and the Unleashed one, first release in the big card, not the cylindrical package he was later on re-released in. Congrats on your new Fett!
Agreed, the Mythos is awesome and I have seen it going for less recently. Thing is, I still have my XM boxed up since we moved 8 months ago. My wife and I are looking into getting a bigger place more like what we wanted now. This one was never going to be long term as it was a means to an end moving from MN to NJ. Thing is, until I unbox the XM Fett no way I can even entertain buying the Mythos. I even see the Koto original Fett going for way less now and I loved that piece. But again, I have TWO Fett statues packed away (XM and Legends in 3D) so can't justify buying those.

As for this figure, I as you know am a sucker for retro cards and this one having the retro paint it was a no-brainer to buy. I wish I still had my POTF2 Fett and (somewhere) I think I still have Unleashed Boba loose. Somewhere...

Lastly, been looking hard at the con exclusive GG Fett mini bust from about 5 years ago again. I owned it when it came out, didn't like the pose except the one he is holding his rifle across his chest. But now I want it again, because other than the McQ Fett it is the only one I am missing in my GG mini bust collection.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So are you collecting every Boba Fett GG has released or just some of them? Are you also collecting the Boba Fett maquettes? The Fett with Han in Carbonite maquette is just fantastic. I regret having sold it years ago when I sold all my maquettes.

Reaction score
So are you collecting every Boba Fett GG has released or just some of them? Are you also collecting the Boba Fett maquettes? The Fett with Han in Carbonite maquette is just fantastic. I regret having sold it years ago when I sold all my maquettes.
Trying to get most of them. I own the one Maquette of him (regular one). Would love the Animated version and Christmas Special ones. I could of bought the EE exclusive one with the Han in Carbonite for nothing, now when I see the price it just irks me :wtf:.

Reaction score
Picked up the original Koto Boba Fett from 2005 timeline. I had this when it came out and loved it, moved on from Koto but always missed it after selling this piece. So I got it back at a bargain!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Redid my collection again, because I wanted to show off my Retro SW figures and also wanted to have a Boba Fett shelf again :). Now if I can only get my XM Fett out to display again...

edit : Blurred Photobucket images removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
The shelves are looking good, Travis. Wondering when Hasbro will come out with Wave 2 of the Retro figures. Not sure if they mentioned anything during SDCC.

Reaction score
Thanks Julian :)!

I know, I want the retro Boba Fett already LOL. Not sure if I would get the whole wave again for ESB, but Boba is a guarantee. Maybe if it has the Snowtrooper, Hoth Leia, Hoth Han, Lando I would consider the whole thing.

Also, the loose Vader on my shelf is a mix of my original Vader from childhood and the loose one you sent me, where I took the new lightsaber and cape off and put it on my vintage one. Needless to say the lightsaber color is way lighter now and smaller, but I still like the "new" look of it better on my shelf. I also have my original Boba Fett figure too but didn't display him.

Lastly, I was so happy to open that Koto Fett yesterday, it was brand new, all tightly fit. Only thing is I had a bad flashback to 15 years ago because I forgot how many zip ties are on those things!! However, better over secure then crap packing...DIAMOND...koff koff.

Reaction score
I sold off my Aayla Secura mini bust a while back, and regretted it not long after. Thanks to Django for selling me his at a nice price, and for accommodating my shipping needs. Great seller!

Reaction score
I sold off my Aayla Secura mini bust a while back, and regretted it not long after. Thanks to Django for selling me his at a nice price, and for accommodating my shipping needs. Great seller!
Thanks Kielbassa, glad you liked it and that she has a new home where she will be appreciated!

Reaction score
Redid my collection again, because I wanted to show off my Retro SW figures and also wanted to have a Boba Fett shelf again :). Now if I can only get my XM Fett out to display again...

Really cool collection! The Koto Fett was one of my first statues. I added glow in the dark tape on the base behind the Bespin lights, they looked cool at night.

Reaction score
Really cool collection! The Koto Fett was one of my first statues. I added glow in the dark tape on the base behind the Bespin lights, they looked cool at night.
Thanks for the compliments Sergiu! Coming from you, with your awesome collection that means a ton.

Yeah, back when it first came out it was also one of my first statues as well. I was so thrilled to find it again, NIB. It was almost like going back in time!

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments Sergiu! Coming from you, with your awesome collection that means a ton.

Yeah, back when it first came out it was also one of my first statues as well. I was so thrilled to find it again, NIB. It was almost like going back in time!
One more thing about Fett being made of PVC, like all Koto statues. Watch over time for leaning in the back, if it happens, put statue's legs under hot water or use a hairdryer, and it will help straighten the pose. I remember I had to do it once, and then it had no more problems

Reaction score
One more thing about Fett being made of PVC, like all Koto statues. Watch over time for leaning in the back, if it happens, put statue's legs under hot water or use a hairdryer, and it will help straighten the pose. I remember I had to do it once, and then it had no more problems
Thanks for the advice! I do somewhat recall my original one starting to lean before I sold it. But I want to keep this one, so that is great to know.

Reaction score
Thanks to Serg's thread, picked up the massive SW Archives Book '77-83. It is huge, so much so I didn't even open it because I literally have nowhere to display it. I want to look at it, but may be awhile because for now it is safe and secure in the cardboard carrying case it was packed it.

Reaction score
Thanks to Serg's thread, picked up the massive SW Archives Book '77-83. It is huge, so much so I didn't even open it because I literally have nowhere to display it. I want to look at it, but may be awhile because for now it is safe and secure in the cardboard carrying case it was packed it.
The book is huge indeed, and for the fans of the Prequels, seems they are going to release that one too

Reaction score
is this book as big and heavy as the Art of McQuarrie from two years ago? I'm interested.
Hey Julian,

I would say it is as heavy or possibly even heavier! It is a monster. Probably the same size or maybe a tad bigger as the McQ.

Reaction score
Yes. Hopefully we'll start to see in hand pictures of the Spacetroopers before we get ours, and be able to assess what condition they are showing up in.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What I do not like, among many things Diamond have done is there inability (more like refusal) to show the final product until it has shipped, which is usually done by others. GG for all their issues, always showed us some nice shots of the real thing prior to shipping. It's like Diamond literally wait for these things to come from China, get the container off the boat, then start shipping them out. Just super unimpressed thus far is all.

Wanting to eat crow on this piece, doubting I will...

Reaction score
Well, I just got the email update Julian. Mine is coming tomorrow. I saw a photo of one that arrived and it looked pretty good. I hear the base is even normal again.

Preparing tomorrow's meal: