My current collection

Reaction score
Lovely. Four Peaks and the Superstition Mountains have been in my backyard my entire life. This is a great time of year when the monsoons roll in over them. We had a doozy yesterday.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lovely. Four Peaks and the Superstition Mountains have been in my backyard my entire life. This is a great time of year when the monsoons roll in over them. We had a doozy yesterday.
You are lucky to live in such a beautiful area. My wife and I love AZ!

We saw on the weather we missed the monsoons coming this week. I'll bet the 20-30 degree temperature drop must be nice :).

Reaction score
Nice pics. Even of the hornet. But you should have swashed that fella. LOL
Thanks for the compliments!

Those dang hornets kept landing in the pool all day long. I guess they even cool down in the desert LOL. Birds kept flying in and drinking the water too. Being it is full of chlorine, not quite sure how that works?

Back to the hornets, when I swam they would keep away but as soon as I left the pool they were right back to chilling in the water :).

Reaction score
Nasty buggers along with Wasps & Yellow Jackets.

But I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll be enjoying the Las Vegas heat in four weeks when we head out there to play i a pool tournament. They're good for hitting 110+ at that time of year when we're there.

Reaction score
This was Tuesday. 102 degrees by 11:00 in the shade. Got up to 111 that day.

And this is the unreal day. I didn't believe it was that hot out until we drove by a bank sign that said the same thing!

Reaction score
Nasty buggers along with Wasps & Yellow Jackets.

But I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll be enjoying the Las Vegas heat in four weeks when we head out there to play i a pool tournament. They're good for hitting 110+ at that time of year when we're there.
Funny thing was the hornets there were not aggressive at all, I think they are wood or paper ones. The yellow jackets were. As was the scorpion.

I hear Vegas (also being a desert) has pretty much the same climate. Have fun! The heat isn't that bad as you know but it does limit how much you can do outside and how long you can stay out there is all.

Reaction score
So out of curiosity, I looked up the Scorpion we had in our room. Turns out it is the ONLY deadly Scorpion in the USA LOL. Wow. They say the tale tale sign is the curled up tail that then go up when in attack or hunt mode. All other AZ scorpions have their tails up at all times.

It's way better that I did NOT know that at the time, as I was already freaked out by it.

Reaction score
Finally found some time to take an updated photo with my exclusive McQ Boba Fett and XM version. I packed up the 3D Studios Fett so the wife's candle went back in the middle :whistling:...

edit : Blurred Photobucket images removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Wow! That XM Fett surely looks impressive. Now that I can see him next to the McQuarrie Fett like the one I have, I can tell how big he is. I like your display, including the hats below the statues, and the rustic candle holder between them.

Reaction score
Wow! That XM Fett surely looks impressive. Now that I can see him next to the McQuarrie Fett like the one I have, I can tell how big he is. I like your display, including the hats below the statues, and the rustic candle holder between them.
Thanks Julian! Yes, he's massive in both depth and height. It makes the McQ Boba almost look like a kid sidekick LOL. And 1/5 scale is not small either as you know.

Well my wife gets all credit for the candle, but I picked out the Cowboy hats for us when we were down in AZ. Got them from a store that specializes in them located in Phoenix (for a great price). Mine is the left, hers is on the right.

Reaction score
Your wife shows good taste. And the hats are very nice. Personally I love all the Western and Southwestern stuff I see. Have you ever been to Hobby Lobby? You'll always find me in the Western/Military/Petroliana section looking at all they have. :)

Reaction score
Your wife shows good taste. And the hats are very nice. Personally I love all the Western and Southwestern stuff I see. Have you ever been to Hobby Lobby? You'll always find me in the Western/Military/Petroliana section looking at all they have. :)
Thank you for the compliments, you are too kind :). She does a great job with the house and this is the only time her stuff and mine interact LOL as she permitted me to have the upstairs hallway outside of my collection room to extend my collection.

We LOVE Hobby Lobby! I got a couple nice frames there, and even got those weathered looking tin signs of Spidey, Wonder Woman, Batman and Iron Man there to (someday) put behind the collection when I can properly display it. You are also correct, lots of great western and military themed items there as well. I'm usually in the comic book section but they have great stuff.

Reaction score
I wanted to post this because it is just now I can really talk about it. 2 weeks ago today, I lost my best friend. My dog Peach was only 11 years old, and she passed away from a reaction to a common vaccination for travel. I am devastated. She was just fine, eating lunch with me before her appointment. Sitting there, quiet wagging her tail, waiting for me to finish so I gave her a scrap or two like I always did. She was the sweetest and most docile dog in the world, and she was a rescue from a horrific place so that always amazed me how loving of a dog she was.

It still is hard, I had a hard time yesterday at dinner as she would of been right there waiting. I haven't had proper time to even grieve until now, as I had to pack and move 2 days after she died. But I wanted to remember her, as I talked about the trip to my new job and her often on the threads.

I know it was her time to go, but it was still a shock. To anyone who ever lost a pet, you know how hard it is.

edit : Blurred Photobucket images removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Travis, I'm sorry to read about the loss of your beautiful friend. As a dog owner twice before ( Poodle and Chow-Chow ), I completely understand how you are feeling and how hard it is to let go of them. It is true when they say a dog is a man's best friend. Many happy times with them, watching them run around, taking them out for walks, putting a smile on your face. Their loyalty and indiscriminate love is something to always be praised and remembered. Keep in mind "All dogs go to heaven", a cheesy phrase but one that our love and care for them always believe.

Reaction score
Travis, I'm sorry to read about the loss of your beautiful friend. As a dog owner twice before ( Poodle and Chow-Chow ), I completely understand how you are feeling and how hard it is to let go of them. It is true when they say a dog is a man's best friend. Many happy times with them, watching them run around, taking them out for walks, putting a smile on your face. Their loyalty and indiscriminate love is something to always be praised and remembered. Keep in mind "All dogs go to heaven", a cheesy phrase but one that our love and care for them always believe.
Thanks Julian, coming from you and all you are going through this means a lot. This is the second dog I lost too, the first Pom (Zena) lived a full life of 17 years and I had her from when she was a puppy. Peach was only 11, and I only had her for about 5 years after rescuing her. So this loss is much more rough on me. The suddenness of it and the way it happened also makes it extra hard. We are supposed to find out (sometime) today what caused the reaction she had.

Again, thanks for the kind words my friend.

Reaction score
Hey Django. My sincere condolences on your sudden loss. I have had to put three dogs to rest in the last 8 years. The loss and separation are almost unbearable, but we do (somehow) move on in time. I can tell from the words and pictures that you gave Peach a wonderful, loving and happy life. Remember your great times together, and grieve. It's the only way. Hang in there buddy.

Reaction score
Hey Django. My sincere condolences on your sudden loss. I have had to put three dogs to rest in the last 8 years. The loss and separation are almost unbearable, but we do (somehow) move on in time. I can tell from the words and pictures that you gave Peach a wonderful, loving and happy life. Remember your great times together, and grieve. It's the only way. Hang in there buddy.
Thanks red_mosquito, your words mean so much! Wow, three pups in 8 years? That is hard, sorry for your losses. I had to put my 17 year old dog down after she had an accident over 5 years ago, and that was really tough. But she had a good, long life. Losing Peach 5 years later, so suddenly is much harder.

It has been tough. I saw a picture of me holding her last night (before a baseball game 2 months ago) and I broke down. Thank you again for your message, it's very kind of you.

Reaction score
I just quoted this but I'll say it again. That Fett looks Fan-flippin-tastic.
Thanks! My picture does not even do it justice, it really is such a sharp piece. My wife almost bought me the SS 1/6 scale figure before because she knows how much I love Boba Fett, but she also knows I don't collect figures really anymore and especially not the high end ones. I am glad I held out until this one came along :).

Reaction score

Don't collect much in toys these days, but had to add Boba Fett (back) into my collection from the 6" Black Series. Only have Sandtrooper with Dewback, 40th Anniversary Early Bird Vader kit and now this figure.

Reaction score
That's a cool looking figure, Trav. I haven't bought an action figure, other than Movie Realization, in about 9 years but I think if I were collecting them these days, the 6" Black Series would be the way to go. Very nice.

Reaction score
That's a cool looking figure, Trav. I haven't bought an action figure, other than Movie Realization, in about 9 years but I think if I were collecting them these days, the 6" Black Series would be the way to go. Very nice.
Thanks Julian. This is my 3rd Black Series figure, I really limit them these days. I do have a handful of the Disney Store Metal figures (Boba, Vader, Vader unmasked, Stormtrooper, Chewie, C-3P0 and R2) and think those are well done. Other that, I have no other toys left from SW other than my original 3 3/4" Boba and Vader (somewhere).

I only really like getting 12" figures these days, and again even there I only have about half a dozen of them.

Reaction score
Thanks to fellow member Julian I now have the Elite Series Gonk droid, and also picked up R5D4 and Proto Boba Fett from the Elite line as well this weekend!

Reaction score
Just picked up Boba Fett GG Animated Maquette and Sandtrooper Exclusive GG bust from a fellow scummer! I will show some photos once they arrive :). I have wanted the animated Boba for years and always seemed to miss out on getting it at a decent price, so I am thrilled to finally have one and add it to my Fett collection.

I bought more SW this weekend than I have in a year LOL.

Reaction score
I got the Princess Leia and R2 Animated Maquette today as well. Going down a dark hole with these maquettes, and I am eyeing the Vader and Stormtrooper ones too :p.

Reaction score
Oh my! You are really going for this line. Have fun. They all look great! :)
They do...yet I have limited space. I have to see what Boba and Leia look like (space wise) before going too much farther. Bad enough my XM Boba statue and Legends of 3D Boba bust are packed away for the foreseeable future until we move into a home more suitable for my collections needs.

Reaction score
So I just won the B/W Vader Maquette haha. I want two more animated Maquettes, but need to put the brakes on for now.