My current collection

Reaction score
I love your 2006 graphics :). As someone who was also a Graphic Designer at that time your style is reflective of that period. I know pieces I did back then look very similar. But it is a very informative article and good read! I felt the Unleashed line really took off when they started doing the beautiful illustrations of the figures for card backs. Then they felt like true artistic representations.

I loved going through all the pages and graphics though, like a time machine to how AWESOME those figures were! I now want the female figures and tubed figures from that line again LOL.

I also agree, I think XM are the adult versions of Unleashed figures for us now that were still in our 20s (barely) back during the Unleashed days.

Thanks. To be honest, there's some work I did back then, I look at it now and I'm not too happy about it :) Unleashed card backs had indeed beautiful illustrations, and the whole presentation of the figures, encased in those blisters was something I found it to be a lot more attractive than the giant cylinders they offered them in towards the end of the line. I'm not sure if it was you I was talking to about it, but I mentioned to someone recently after selling my complete Hasbro collection (1995-2010), Unleashed were/are the only figures I kept. I don't even have them displayed, but like my complete Action Fleet vehicles, I think Hasbro did a fantastic job with those pieces and they are part of my "toy" collecting years that as a collector, I won't let go. As for XM, I really wish I had the room for the Snowspeeder Luke they made. When I saw the one that Ben bought, I was instantly impressed by it and was going to buy one myself, but then I realized I have no room for a 22" tall statue, which is really a downer. Besides Fett and Luke, I also think their Darth Maul is a very impressive sculpt.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks. To be honest, there's some work I did back then, I look at it now and I'm not too happy about it :) Unleashed card backs had indeed beautiful illustrations, and the whole presentation of the figures, encased in those blisters was something I found it to be a lot more attractive than the giant cylinders they offered them in towards the end of the line. I'm not sure if it was you I was talking about it, but I mentioned mentioned to someone after selling my complete Hasbro collection (1995-2010), Unleashed are the only figures I have kept. I don't even have them displayed but like my complete Action Fleet vehicles, I think Hasbro did a fantastic job with those pieces and they are part of my "toy" collecting years , as a collector, I won't let go. As for XM, I really wish I had the room for the Snowspeeder Luke they made. When I saw the one that Ben, I was instantly impressed by it and was going to buy one, but then I realized I have no room for a 22" tall statue, which is really a downer. Besides Fett and Luke, I also think their Darth Maul is a very impressive sculpt.
I look back at my design work from the late '90s to mid 2000s and shudder LOL. It was the limitations of the technology and style at that time to be honest. I did do some nice pieces but overall it's kind of in my portfolio for me only as it doesn't age well :).

I liked the Unleashed cylinders but then I also liked the illustrated card backs. I guess I was a fan of the whole line. I think you did mention to me before you kept your Unleashed line figures. I also relate because as much as I want to part ways with my 6" figures I love the 40th retro cardbacks too much to sell them. Those and my OT creatures/vehicles/centerpieces from the Black Series all still remain, even though I sold all of my other 6" figures from SW and Marvel.

Lastly, Ben's XM Luke Snowspeeder is indeed an awesome piece. If I liked Luke at all or the Rebels I would get it. I kind of waffled on getting Darth Maul and now I think I missed out. He'll have to be like Boba (an ebay buy) at some point it seems if I get him at all now.

Reaction score
My Boba Fett Legends in 3D bust arrived. I owned this piece almost 20 years ago and I love it as much today as I did back then! I now have 2 of the 3 Boba Fett pieces I wanted. All that is left is the Mythos (someday)...

edit : Blurred Photobucket images removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Got my Mythos Vader today, but of course the main head I want to display it with (Vader's helmet) has a HUGE chip because the seller did not package that head covered in plastic, and it was rolling around. GRRR.

Overall the rest of the statue is perfect, but I still wrote him on ebay and showed the photos. The price was not cheap however I doubt I'll get a Vader again at this price so I don't want to send it back over this. Anyway, it really detracts from the piece but here it is.

Here's the damage:

Reaction score
Can’t see the picture unfortunately but it definitely sucks to get a damaged one, I have all of the Mythos statues & when having my big clear out I knew there was just no way they were going anywhere..., the only other bigger pieces I kept were 2 premium formats, Shaak Ti as I have her displayed with the Mythos statues & feel she belongs as part of the group & Darth Malgus (special edition) as he looks awesome & I felt it only right to have a premium format Sith to go with the Jedi I kept..., although he’s on his own as no room for a 7th statue. :)

Reaction score
Got my Mythos Vader today, but of course the main head I want to display it with (Vader's helmet) has a HUGE chip because the seller did not package that head covered in plastic, and it was rolling around. GRRR.

Overall the rest of the statue is perfect, but I still wrote him on ebay and showed the photos. The price was not cheap however I doubt I'll get a Vader again at this price so I don't want to send it back over this. Anyway, it really detracts from the piece but here it is.
Congrats on getting Vader. A really nice looking statue. I like the lava glow reflecting on his cape a lot. Very natural looking.
So the chip is on the top of his helmet? I suppose if you have a spot to display him up high no one will ever see it. In any event, you should get some $ back from the seller for the poor packing job. I imagine the chipped helmet could be repaired and at a minimum a little black Sharpie touch up would make it less noticeable.

Reaction score
Can’t see the picture unfortunately but it definitely sucks to get a damaged one, I have all of the Mythos statues & when having my big clear out I knew there was just no way they were going anywhere..., the only other bigger pieces I kept were 2 premium formats, Shaak Ti as I have her displayed with the Mythos statues & feel she belongs as part of the group & Darth Malgus (special edition) as he looks awesome & I felt it only right to have a premium format Sith to go with the Jedi I kept..., although he’s on his own as no room for a 7th statue. :)
Yeah, it sucks. I am going to get some gloss black paint and cover the chip. I tried to get Boba Mythos today too but it went for way more than I am willing to pay so that's going to have to wait for another time LOL.

Shaak Ti is one of my favorite Prequel Jedi along with Aayla Secura, Barriss Offee and Mace. I love that PF of her and in general don't like PF as I prefer polystone. But she is right out of the Force Unleashed game and looks great!

Reaction score
Congrats on getting Vader. A really nice looking statue. I like the lava glow reflecting on his cape a lot. Very natural looking.
So the chip is on the top of his helmet? I suppose if you have a spot to display him up high no one will ever see it. In any event, you should get some $ back from the seller for the poor packing job. I imagine the chipped helmet could be repaired and at a minimum a little black Sharpie touch up would make it less noticeable.
Thanks Ben! I love this Vader piece, with ROTS and R1 I think the fact Vader's history is so tied to Mustafar makes this piece very unique and artistic.

The chip sadly does detract from it. Since the paint on the helmet is a gloss black going to try to match it, because a sharpie is matte and I think it would still stick out some (but it might work). I am going to go to youtube and see if anyone has any videos on it covering chips for statues.

The seller was actually a nice guy and felt bad about the damage, he refunded me $100 so I really got the piece at a steal, albeit with the damage at the top of the helmet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If it is just a paint chip, and the surface is smooth, you can try matching it with touch up paint car dealers sell in those tiny tubes. I did this years ago with the Imperial Storm Commando mini bust, and you cannot tell unless you use a magnifying glass. The car paint is high gloss and dries leaving a very smooth finish. Anyway, that is a recommendation I can offer. Good luck getting your statue fixed.

Reaction score
If it is just a paint chip, and the surface is smooth, you can try matching it with touch up paint car dealers sell in those tiny tubes. I did this years ago with the Imperial Storm Commando mini bust, and you cannot tell unless you use a magnifying glass. The car paint is high gloss and dries leaving a very smooth finish. Anyway, that is a recommendation I can offer. Good luck getting your statue fixed.
I will look into this, thanks :). The surface where the two chips are is not smooth, so I may have to sand it down some. Not my forte at all to be honest. But the damage is in such a small area that I think I can make it at the very least look better than it does now. Thankfully it is on the crown of the helmet so not super obvious unless you have it below eye level, which I do at the moment.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The seller was actually a nice guy and felt bad about the damage, he refunded me $100 so I really got the piece at a steal, albeit with the damage at the top of the helmet.
That sounds very reasonable. Keep us posted on how the repair goes. Good luck.

Reaction score
That sounds very reasonable. Keep us posted on how the repair goes. Good luck.

Thanks Ben, I will post some photos when I get some paint. I felt the seller was also quite reasonable with the partial refund and otherwise the statue is fine.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some updates. I sold off some extra busts so the mini bust shelf looks less cluttered now:

Reaction score
Looking great! That XM Fett is really eye-catching

* I like the rustic look of the table you have them on. Don't tell me you decorate using Southwestern furniture. That's our style throughout our house. :)

Reaction score
Looking great! That XM Fett is really eye-catching

* I like the rustic look of the table you have them on. Don't tell me you decorate using Southwestern furniture. That's our style throughout our house. :)
Thanks for the compliments! The details on Fett's armor is what really grows on you.

Ironically, we go to Arizona a couple times a year (my wife and I) and stay at a friend's vacation home down there outside of Scottsdale. They of course have the place decorated in Southwest themes. I loved the wood I saw they used, and when we got home I found this table and loved it. I should of bought both of them, because now my wife keeps telling me it's "her" table and when we inevitably move she's claiming it LOL. But she's not :).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments! The details on Fett's armor is what really grows on you.

Ironically, we go to Arizona a couple times a year (my wife and I) and stay at a friend's vacation home down there outside of Scottsdale. They of course have the place decorated in Southwest themes. I loved the wood I saw they used, and when we got home I found this table and loved it. I should of bought both of them, because now my wife keeps telling me it's "her" table and when we inevitably move she's claiming it LOL. But she's not :).
Haha! I have an eye for Southwest and rustic hand-made Mexican furniture, which are very close in style. I saw the top of the table in your picture and figured that's what it was. We've always loved the mixture of the rustic look with modern with some pre-columbian crafts added. I think it brings a cozy feel to any room. The only room in our house that doesn't have that Southwest/rustic look is my Star Wars room, and even there I chose unfinished pine wood when I built my display. I like the look of your statues on that table. They create that nice contrast of old and new. You've got good taste, man!

Reaction score
Haha! I have an eye for Southwest and rustic hand-made Mexican furniture, which are very close in style. I saw the top of the table in your picture and figured that's what it was. We've always loved the mixture of the rustic look with modern with some pre-columbian crafts added. I think it brings a cozy feel to any room. The only room in our house that doesn't have that Southwest/rustic look is my Star Wars room, and even there I chose unfinished pine wood when I built my display. I like the look of your statues on that table. They create that nice contrast of old and new. You've got good taste, man!
Thanks for the compliments! Yes I loved this unfinished wood when I saw it in their home and these tables when I saw them. I have another nice wood cabinet (not on display) awaiting the next home in the basement for now. The same friends who let us stay at their home in AZ gave us that as they upgraded their furniture :).

Reaction score
If anyone ever watched one of my favorite films "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" you'll remember the scene near the end, before the Ecstasy of Gold where Tuco and Blondie are trying to cross the bridge. When they befriend the commander (who drinks to deal with the ugliness of the Civil War) he gets fatally wounded, but before that he confines in Tuco and Blondie that his dream is to watch the bridge blow. On his deathbed, they tell him to listen. The dying soldier asks the Doctor to keep him alive a little longer, because he is "expecting good news". Which he gets.

This week after what seems like a long silent war (like Rambo said the one no one wins) I too am "expecting good news", so I have to sadly start to pack up my collection for an almost inevitable move. I am starting with the three newest editions first. Then moving on to my my collection room. I should have over a month to pack but it is always nerve racking nonetheless when you move and have to transport your statues and collectibles.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If anyone ever watched one of my favorite films "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" you'll remember the scene near the end, before the Ecstasy of Gold where Tuco and Blondie are trying to cross the bridge. When they befriend the commander (who drinks to deal with the ugliness of the Civil War) he gets fatally wounded, but before that he confines in Tuco and Blondie that his dream is to watch the bridge blow. On his deathbed, they tell him to listen. The dying soldier asks the Doctor to keep him alive a little longer, because he is "expecting good news". Which he gets.

This week after what seems like a long silent war (like Rambo said the one no one wins) I too am "expecting good news", so I have to sadly start to pack up my collection for an almost inevitable move. I am starting with the three newest editions first. Then moving on to my my collection room. I should have over a month to pack but it is always nerve racking nonetheless when you move and have to transport your statues and collectibles.
I haven't moved in 19 years, but I did so quite a bit before buying our house. I'm aiming at moving again in a not so distant future, and the only thing I hate about moving out of here is the actual move, packing stuff up and so forth. I do have to pack every year all of my collectibles as soon as there's a hurricane alert. I did so last year and it took me about two days to put everything on display back in their boxes, and about three months after that before I decided to put everything back up on the shelves. It's a pain. But if you are about to get good news, the satisfaction of getting to something you've been wanting for a while should overcome the pain of the moving, or make it your focus. Happier times are ahead of you! :)

Reaction score
I haven't moved in 19 years, but I did so quite a bit before buying our house. I'm aiming at moving again in a not so distant future, and the only thing I hate about moving out of here is the actual move, packing stuff up and so forth. I do have to pack every year all of my collectibles as soon as there's a hurricane alert. I did so last year and it took me about two days to put everything on display back in their boxes, and about three months after that before I decided to put everything back up on the shelves. It's a pain. But if you are about to get good news, the satisfaction of getting to something you've been wanting for a while should overcome the pain of the moving, or make it your focus. Happier times are ahead of you! :)
My Brother lives in Daytona Beach, so I know about the yearly worry he has and my wife and I have for him as well.

For you, that sucks! I can't imagine packing everything up yearly and worrying, yet it truly is a nice reason to freshen up the collection every year which is kind of lemonade out of lemons.

I have moved 23 times in the last 19 years (I had to write them down to remember). Many of these moves were for jobs, so there was a lot of 2 months in a temp place then finding a real place you liked. Or getting into a place for 6 months then moving to the place you really want. In the last 7 years I have only moved 4 times ("only" LOL). That's actually pretty stable for me. So many of the moves were from my younger days. I also had a recent divorce a couple years ago that also required a move.

Sadly this potetial relocation means another 2 moves minimum, getting a place to stay to get there and then moving to a place we really want later on. It is what it is. For some of the moves I literally didn't even unpack, we had rooms full of boxes for months knowing we were just there on a temp basis. It gets kind of depressing sometimes when I think about it but like I said the moves have been far less recently as my career got to where it needed to be finally.

Reaction score
Good for you! If moving deals with progress to your professional life, then despite all the hassle of the move, it is well worth it. You truly feel invigorated when you go to work doing what you like, and not taking crap from some smart-***** who thinks knows more than you because he has a higher position. I've been there. So congrats to you for getting when you needed to be. Hey! Move to Florida ..northern Florida. Don't make the mistake I made of living in South Florida unless you love traffic jams and obnoxious people. :)

Reaction score
Good for you! If moving deals with progress to your professional life, then despite all the hassle of the move, it is well worth it. You truly feel invigorated when you go to work doing what you like, and not taking crap from some smart-***** who thinks knows more than you because he has a higher position. I've been there. So congrats to you for getting when you needed to be. Hey! Move to Florida ..northern Florida. Don't make the mistake I made of living in South Florida unless you love traffic jams and obnoxious people. :)
When my Dad was still alive, he would give me lots of crap about moving so much. But he would then say "well, if your always making more money and getting a better position I can't blame you" in the same breath. This potential upcoming opportunity is one I feel will be well worth it on every level and worth the hassle one or two more times when it comes to moving.

Where I am currently at, the dark side surrounds many and clouds everything. Not being a Sith myself, it's not ideal :).

LOL, not a fan of FL. My Brother loves it and has been there since he left the North East but it's not for me. I'm a northeast guy myself or Arizona in an ideal world.

Reaction score
I got this Exclusive McQuarrie Boba Fett for a great price. I couldn't resist even though I already own the regular version. Might keep both and display them separately, might sell the regular edition off.

Reaction score
This was something I totally did not need...but I got it for $20 at Gamestop today. Boba Fett Nerf gun. It used to retail for $90 (which is insane) and Amazon sell them for $70. So I think it was a solid deal for someone who is a huge Boba fan like I am :).

Reaction score
That's pretty cool. For $20.00 bucks that is something I could actually buy and use on my wife when she's watching episode after episode of that cooking show "Beat Bobby Flay". :)

Reaction score
That's pretty cool. For $20.00 bucks that is something I could actually buy and use on my wife when she's watching episode after episode of that cooking show "Beat Bobby Flay". :)
I actually watched a youtube video on this, thing looks like the $ucker packs some punch! I saw at Disney park stores they sell Boba's gauntlets that fire off foam disks. That might be more what you are looking for to shoot at the wife LOL.

For me it's some God awful dance show my wife watches featuring the "dancing dolls"...shudders...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Because the wife and I are on vacation in 115 degree AZ this week (still awesome here) and I thought I was getting good news I packed a ton of my collection up before leaving. Only now to find out it may be another 3+ months before we leave :mad:. Not thrilled needless to say...

Reaction score
... And I thought 92 degree weather was hot here in Miami, but ..Dang! You certainly outdid me!

I can understand the frustration of packing up your collection thinking you were leaving, only to find out it will take longer than expected. But look at it this way, at least when the day comes and you are finally ready to go, there will be less to do. :)

Reaction score
... And I thought 92 degree weather was hot here in Miami, but ..Dang! You certainly outdid me!

I can understand the frustration of packing up your collection thinking you were leaving, only to find out it will take longer than expected. But look at it this way, at least when the day comes and you are finally ready to go, there will be less to do. :)
True :). It actually got up to 121 one day...insane. Plus we had a Scorpion in our room today. NOT cool. I had to kill it. I guess the heat is driving them in. We are leaving today so it’s for the best lol. I am debating packaging more of the collection up just to be ready to go more or less. I might pack every Saturday for a bit until we get out of there.

Reaction score
True :). It actually got up to 121 one day...insane. Plus we had a Scorpion in our room today. NOT cool. I had to kill it. I guess the heat is driving them in. We are leaving today so it’s for the best lol. I am debating packaging more of the collection up just to be ready to go more or less. I might pack every Saturday for a bit until we get out of there.
A scorpion? holy crap! No scorpions in my area, although there are three species of them in the state none of them can deliver a fatal sting. I live about 20 minutes away from the Everglades National Forest, so we get our share of animals in the back yard. I do my own gardening in our patio, while we have someone to do the front. Too hot for me to do the entire thing. I have seen small garden snakes in the back, opossums, raccoons and the usual squirrel on our fence, but nothing else. That said the guy that does our lawn and hedges did have to call animal services about a year ago because of a Python hiding in the island in our circular driveway. These animals are not even Florida native, but brought here from other countries by some pet shop owners and sold. We assume when the snakes got so big, instead of turning them in to animal control people started to let them loose in the Everglades Forest, which are perfect wetlands for them to reproduce. As the years have passed the Python population has increased to such degree, over 2000 of them, that is now threatening the area's ecosystem. I venture into the everglades quite often with my camera to photograph the fauna and love the area to be protected. Sorry to derail your comment a little. I just wanted to comment about the forest with you. :)

Back on the topic of packing your collection, now that you have the time to go at it without the need to rush, doing a bit every weekend is a good idea. That way you won't even fee it. l'm looking forward to hear from you finally moving out of there and getting to where you want to be! I want to do the same, too :)

Reaction score
A scorpion? holy crap! No scorpions in my area, although there are three species of them in the state none of them can deliver a fatal sting. I live about 20 minutes away from the Everglades National Forest, so we get our share of animals in the back yard. I do my own gardening in our patio, while we have someone to do the front. Too hot for me to do the entire thing. I have seen small garden snakes in the back, opossums, raccoons and the usual squirrel on our fence, but nothing else. That said the guy that does our lawn and hedges did have to call animal services about a year ago because of a Python hiding in the island in our circular driveway. These animals are not even Florida native, but brought here from other countries by some pet shop owners and sold. We assume when the snakes got so big, instead of turning them in to animal control people started to let them loose in the Everglades Forest, which are perfect wetlands for them to reproduce. As the years have passed the Python population has increased to such degree, over 2000 of them, that is now threatening the area's ecosystem. I venture into the everglades quite often with my camera to photograph the fauna and love the area to be protected. Sorry to derail your comment a little. I just wanted to comment about the forest with you. :)

Back on the topic of packing your collection, now that you have the time to go at it without the need to rush, doing a bit every weekend is a good idea. That way you won't even fee it. l'm looking forward to hear from you finally moving out of there and getting to where you want to be! I want to do the same, too :)
Because my wife took photos while I, a guy from the northeast had to wrap my brain around how to kill this thing! It was also MUCH bigger than the normal ones you see in the store there in magnets, etc.

This is it in "attack" mode...not cool.

Yeah where I live now worse thing are ants and flies. Sure there are turtles, bears, etc but you don't really see them on a regular basis. The wife and I love AZ but have to admit all the things down there that can kill you is a bit much. We did a couple old west towns while out there and that was awesome with great photos! Also saw a couple baseball games, swam in the pool so the trip was great overall minus the heat and the scorpion.

As for packing, it is nice to have more time. I am ticked and depressed at the same time as mentally I checked out of where I currently am. To now hear I have to wait ANOTHER 3+ months is hard to even wrap my brain around. I am not going to handle it well. I HATE where I am so it's going to be rough. I feel like Charlie Brown, always having the darn football yanked away from me at the last moment for someone's amusement. It is beyond old :(...

Reaction score
I hear you, man. When I came down from New Jersey almost 20 years ago, I had to get used to the possible alligator in your back yard, the snake, the bugs, this and that. I had nothing like that going on in North Bergen. Because we settled here, and made our lives here we haven't moved, but the increasing situation with the obnoxious people, bad driving and more than anything the overpopulation, almost three million people between Dade and Broward counties, that seem to have dropped down from another planet, we can't stand it, we feel suffocated, and are looking forward to getting out of here. No simple task when we have to consider relocating our jobs, moving an entire house, all the furniture, buying another house and not making the mistake of buying in a neighborhood that a few years down the road would turn into some slum. The way we deal with it is taking things one day at a time. Some days are better than others, of course. But in situations like this rather than to be all stressed out about it, patience is the best remedy. That's one of the reasons I also venture in the Everglades Forest; to get my mind off what's going on, tranquility and be in touch with nature. Plus frog legs, a dish from the Miccosukee Indian Tribe Indian, are pretty good :). Sorry about your encounter with the scorpion, not nice at all. But, hey, you got to play Clint Eastwood and got rid of The Ugly!

Here are some pictures I took recently while in "the glades"

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hear you, man. When I came down from New Jersey almost 20 years ago, I had to get used to the possible alligator in your back yard, the snake, the bugs, this and that. I had nothing like that going on in North Bergen. Because we settled here, and made our lives here we haven't moved, but the increasing situation with the obnoxious people, bad driving and more than anything the overpopulation, almost three million people between Dade and Broward counties, that seem to have dropped down from another planet, we can't stand it, we feel suffocated, and are looking forward to getting out of here. No simple task when we have to consider relocating our jobs, moving an entire house, all the furniture, buying another house and not making the mistake of buying in a neighborhood that a few years down the road would turn into some slum. The way we deal with it is taking things one day at a time. Some days are better than others, of course. But in situations like this rather than to be all stressed out about it, patience is the best remedy. That's one of the reasons I also venture in the Everglades Forest; to get my mind off what's going on, tranquility and be in touch with nature. Plus frog legs, a dish from the Miccosukee Indian Tribe Indian, are pretty good :). Sorry about your encounter with the scorpion, not nice at all. But, hey, you got to play Clint Eastwood and got rid of The Ugly!

Here are some pictures I took recently while in "the glades"
First off, DANG that is a BIG Alligator!! My Brother tells me how he is fishing down there and will see them swim by and be like ehhh. That's an insane place to relax LOL, but beautiful.

Awesome photos otherwise though! I feel like my cup of patience runneth over about now. Been trying to get out of here for over a year now. Situation keeps deteriorating on me at work too, not to mention my same gripes with where I live at that you have. Like you, I am at a point in my life where you have to be more selective of where you go so it takes more time and yep, it sucks.

I got my Exclusive McQ Boba Fett waiting on me and haven't even opened it since returning from AZ. Just so burnt out by the news.

Lastly, ironically while in one of the old west towns they had a zipline I did. Just gorgeous views of God made canyons and mountains and they played the theme to "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" while sitting up there. That was a moment in time I just stopped and smelled the flowers :).

Reaction score
First off, DANG that is a BIG Alligator!! My Brother tells me how he is fishing down there and will see them swim by and be like ehhh. That's an insane place to relax LOL, but beautiful.

Awesome photos otherwise though! I feel like my cup of patience runneth over about now. Been trying to get out of here for over a year now. Situation keeps deteriorating on me at work too, not to mention my same gripes with where I live at that you have. Like you, I am at a point in my life where you have to be more selective of where you go so it takes more time and yep, it sucks. ...
Thanks. I was about 30 feet away from that alligator, separated by that canal in front, when I took that picture, although I've had times when I've been closer on dry land and they had started to come towards me,; I've just been lucky to run faster :) But there are so many trails in Florida to go through and enjoy all this wild life. The swamp pictures were from the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary in Naples, Fl. It is the largest old growth Bald Cypress forest in North America. Some of the trees there are 500 years old.

And, yes. You have to be more selective where you go. We had our house built here in '99, away from the city rush, very quite area. Within the last 10 years it has gotten so populated, so overbuilt, there's no room to spit without it landing on top of some house or building. The streets were made for much less people, thus being not big enough for all the traffic we now have, plus all of a sudden you get all these people riding bicycles and ATV's in the middle of traffic. So for us, pretty much what was once the suburbs is now Times Square during the New Year's Eve celebration.

I got my Exclusive McQ Boba Fett waiting on me and haven't even opened it since returning from AZ. Just so burnt out by the news...
Congratulations. It's an awesome statue. You should just open it and enjoy it for the time being.

Lastly, ironically while in one of the old west towns they had a zipline I did. Just gorgeous views of God made canyons and mountains and they played the theme to "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" while sitting up there. That was a moment in time I just stopped and smelled the flowers .
That has to be a sight to see. Wow! I love the many beautiful sights America has to offer, and that view of the canyons and mountains ...Wow! Our plans for when we retire are to buy an RV and travel the country from one end to the other. Not sure how much into country music you are. I'm 99.00% into rock music, but that other 1% listens to country from time to time. There's a song (recited) by Charlie Daniels Band that best describes this God blessed country we have the privilege to live in, and would like to share those verses with you: My Beautiful America .

Just enjoy the moment with what brings you happiness at the time, put away all the crap that surrounds you. After all, we only have one life to live and we can't let places and situations take control of it. We should control it. God knows, like you, we are making an effort down here to survive it all. :)

I did this a while ago but I figure it goes well with what we were discussing :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here are some of the photos from out in the AZ wild west my wife and I took.

Elvis filmed the movie Charro! in this Chappel and in this town.

We were told many episodes of Gunsmoke were filmed here as well...

Rare photos I took of a hummingbird sitting still on a Cactus and a hornet cooling down...

As for your thoughts, they ring true. I am not much for country but a song here and there from Patsy Cline, Kenny Rogers, Don Williams or Marty Robbins back in the day were all very talented.