My collection thus far....

Reaction score
Alright, Kev! I like seeing how many Star Wars collectibles you have amassed. You mentioned to be moving later this year, so I'm sure your display issues will come to an end then. My only suggestion right now is to try to better secure your shelves. I'm a bit concern about the one long shelf over your TV. It seems to be dangerously bowing, and could mean disaster is brewing. Unless you've already done it and can't be seen it your picture, try to use an L bracket or center support to better hold the weight that's on it.

As for having trouble parting with some of your collectibles, we've all been there. I still have a complete set of Action Fleet, baseball cards, model cars and X-files statues put away. If you like them that much ( I know how much you like Dalek), just rotate some of the collectibles you have on display and bring out some of those you've stored away. That way you get to see them all at some point or another. Theme-wise, whenever possible try displaying your collectibles by films, but if space becomes an issue, keep in mind it is all Star Wars, and sometimes sculpts from different movies display better together than those from a same film. I'm sure you'll be entertained for quite a while when you move. Packing and unpacking will be quite a challenge :)

Note: I hope the Salacious Crumb bust I sent gets there fast
The shelf with my pretrilogy display on it is thankfully just bowed, it got put in my she'd when I moved to Portsmouth & when I came back it was warped, I did think about buying a new one but thought it might dry out & straighten out some..., it didn't happen though. I've got a long piece of wood securing it at the back but that does nothing for the front so I've bought another bracket for the middle & hopefully this will resolve the issue which worries me too. :)

I'll be putting 2 new shelves up shortly for busts only & they'll be film & actually scene specific..., the first is going to have 10/11 busts from ANH but specifically those from the cantina & the second is going to have 10/11 mini-busts from ROTJ & they'll all be from Jabba's palace SO the Salacious Crumb you've sent me will be part of that display. :) I do like to do themes & film specific is always good..., when it comes to my temporary home book shelves displays though, it's just about fitting the maximum on a shelf, it can get 7 per shelf providing I've got the right ones together. :) I'm planning on putting them together more film specific though once I've got my 2 shelves up as there will then be more space to space them out better, that's the plan anyway. Apart from Salacious Crumb, I'm still waiting on 3D Yoda, Zam Wesell & yesterday I bought the first Vader bust & Slave Leia busts from a forum member & I'm also expecting 6 further busts from someone else so there won't be much room for long really. lol ;)

Reaction score
Kev your collection is just jaw dropping amazing bud. Its a shame that ikea have shelved the line. Sorry for the pun lol. I need a new display unit. So far I have found Display Cabinets & Display Cases | Displaysense. These cabinet are first class the down side is they cost £500+ but I think they are worth it Kev. These cabinets can take heavy loads. Check the site out Kev
They certainly do look like very nice display cabinets, thanks for the link..., I found 1 for £259.00 but if I buy 4 I can get them for £207.00 each, something to ponder on but they are definitely quality cabinets & I like all the options too..., I'm thinking an oak finish will be nice. :)

Reaction score
These cabinets can handle up to 11kg per shelf they are getting as you can have 80cm width and 100cm width. You could have up to 15 mini busts per shelf :)

They certainly do look like very nice display cabinets, thanks for the link..., I found 1 for £259.00 but if I buy 4 I can get them for £207.00 each, something to ponder on but they are definitely quality cabinets & I like all the options too..., I'm thinking an oak finish will be nice. :)

Reaction score
That sounds promising, I have about 170 mini-bust spread around many shelves & it'd be nice to see them altogether. :)

Reaction score
Kev, I don't know how this thread eluded me until now :). WOW....amazing collection. I know you got rid of the Attakus statues but do you still have the Kotos, Mythos pieces? I forgot how nice the Mythos Obi Wan was until seeing it in here! I actually bought a Mythos Vader today finally, and going to do the same pose you had.

Those Clones, all those awesome clones too! Very nice my friend.

Reaction score
Thanks, when photobucket started charging to share pictures I stopped updating my page, it actually pains me to look at it now as I’ve parted with so many lovely collectibles, thankfully I didn’t part with the Mythos statues though as they were just too nice to sell, although I’ve mainly just got Gentle Giant busts now I’ve also kept some of my Sideshow statues plus a few Kotobukiya figures as well, the Sandtroopers & Snowtrooper are still in the collection & a few of the 1:10 scale figures too..., only got 3 Attakus statues left, 2 Vader’s & R2-D2..., did take some new pictures but the reflection glare was off putting so never shared them. I keep meaning to just open the doors & take new pics but it’ll mean taking pictures shelf by shelf as the doors open get in the way (tried it), I was waiting to fill a couple of gaps (Obi Wan & Lobot) before taking updated pictures again, once they turn up my original trilogy shelves just need the wrath of the emperor Vader bust & they’ll be complete (whenever the light up problem can be resolved). I’ve also got a big display case with at least 100 Star Wars items on it, that needs sorting out still as it’s not really in any order, just anything that didn’t fit in my original & pretrilogy display cases..., it’s nice to have a downsized display as less does look good as I can see & appreciate what I have more, how it was when more crowded the bigger pieces stood out & everything else kind of blurred into the background.

Reaction score
Glad you kept the Mythos and the PF Shaak Ti and some Kotos, those are all excellent pieces :).

I understand you wanting to hold off taking photos, my current display is NOT how it will be or I want it to be displayed. I know at some point we'll be relocating so I keep putting off doing it because I figure it's going to get packed up sooner than later anyway.

Once you get the pieces you are waiting for I'd love to see some updated photos! Also I agree less is more. I like being more selective with pieces and have to admit since I decluttered my GG mini bust shelf it looks so much better now too.

Reaction score
I really like the detolf cabinets Ikea make, they allow for limitation without it seeming cramped..., most shelves I have 6 mini-busts on (risers at the back) but there are a few I’ve managed to add an extra mini-bust here & there as the smaller characters just fit & still don’t look cramped, I’m far happier with looking at my collection now & giving each OT movie it’s own cabinet was definitely a good idea I thought as now I can really appreciate the characters more from each episode..., when it comes to repeats though there’s only one Luke, Leia & Han (etc...) in each of the cabinets as I’m always one for variety first. I only allowed 2 display cabinets for the PT as there just isn’t the variety of characters to fill up one for each episode, maybe that will change one day & I do have a display cabinet ready if we do get an influx of new mini-busts but for now I’ve just mixed them around in 2 cabinets to maximise variety without making it look too clone trooper based, always loved the clones though, had well over 100 at one time, if I had endless funds & more space I’d probably not have parted with a thing & had a bigger room dedicated to the display & room for growth, I don’t begrudge having to down size but I do miss some of the fantastic collectibles I no longer have..., the idea behind keeping hold of the GG mini-busts was practical for me for 3 reasons really, firstly it offered the biggest variety of unique characters whilst maximising the display space I could offer, secondly the materials, like you I favour polystone & thirdly quality, ok not everything is always perfect but with everything I own & have owned in the past from GG I’ve rarely been disappointed with anything & to be fair off the top of my head the disappointment usually comes if something turns up broken rather than a poorly made/painted item. Hopefully we’ll be seeing our 2017 gifts this month or early next month, if the new Vader doesn’t turn up I’ll just put something temporary in his spot for now & take some new pictures of the collection as it currently stands..., still some items in boxes as I’ve not got the room yet but it’s kind of nice that way, I may have downsized but I still have enough to make some changes to future displays as the mood takes me. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I feel as though we’ve been waiting for these gifts longer than anything else we’ve ever been shown, obviously that’s not true as I recall Yarvin Leia being shown to us 4 years or more ago & she’s still not with us as yet..., think it’s more because of finally getting Lobot that I’ve become so impatient, every delay has seemed an eternity. Looking forward to seeing a painted Amanaman hopefully now, the holiday bust or whatever it may be & the McQuarrie exclusive, having only recently got the 2016 & 2017 holiday gifts I can honestly say if it’s a mini-bust then I’ll not leave it ages to make a purchase as BB-8 & K-2SO have been my favourite items received so far this year so I’m hopeful for something equally good this year. :)