My Collection Room In Cincinnati - LOTS of Pics!

Reaction score
I recently had to say goodbye to my awesome toy collection room because my wife and I relocated from Cincinnati to Kent, Ohio. I was sad to have to pack it up, as it had only been in the last year or two that I got it to where I really wanted it to be. So I thought I'd share with everyone on here so that it might live on electronically. Here's an overview to start off:

And some close-ups, starting with Bespin:

Clone Wars:

Dagobah:

Death Star:

Endor:

Various EU Stuff:

More to come.

Reaction score
Hoth:

Attack of the Clones:

Revenge of the Sith:

Tatooine Locales:

The Phantom Menace:

Yavin Base and Rebel Forces:

Various Ships:

Reaction score
Wowowowowowow! Fantastic! I think that's what my collection aspires to be - if I ever had the room! Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
Some non-Hasbro items. Starting with Galoob:

Kenner's Micro Collection. Some of my favorite Star Wars toys ever made. These are in heavily played-with condition!

Other miscellaneous Star Wars items:

Some day, when we're really wealthy, I'll be able to display everythhing I have. In the meantime I've had to downsize in the condo we moved into. I'll post pictures of the new displays eventually. Thanks for looking!

Reaction score
I really like the way you group together figures by theme and episode: the attack on Utapau, the Force Unleashed, Hoth, Tatooine, and so on. You've got so much going on. I wonder whether you'd be willing to talk a little about how you organized your display and what your objectives were. For example, I really like your TIE Fighter squadron hanging from the ceiling.

GNT

Reaction score
Very nice set up, hopefully at your new place it'll be just as good as what's pictured here!

Reaction score
It was a joy to look through your thoroughly documented collection. The fact you display your Micro Machines / Collection with such class is what put it over the top.B)

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. ReallyMe, my objectives were to show as much off as I could without getting the shelves too crowded. The Original Trilogy, especially The Empire Strikes Back, was the main priority. You'll notice the Rebels, Imperials, and Hoth are at eye-level. TESB was the first Star Wars movie I saw in the theater, and the one that made me fall in love with Star Wars as a kid. I also tried to get everything from Tatooine on the main shelves, since so much happens there in the movies! I really wanted to display the Micro Collection stuff from my childhood because I just loved those sets so much when they came out (as you can see from their condition). The Galoob items (And the Thrawn Trilogy) were what got me back into Star Wars as a young adult. So I felt these two categories needed to be displayed in aplace of honor. Hanging ships is a great way to display them because it leaves you shelves free for more figures! I was unable to find my regular TIE Fighter for years, but thankfully I located it during the move. It's hanging in the new room. And then there were the G1 Transformers and other items I hadn't had room for in years. One thing I didn't get to do much with was lighting. I was basically stuck with one lightbulb for the whole area. In my new room I have less space, but I do have several electrical outlets. So hopefully I can do some dramatic lighting for my shelves. Once again, thanks for all the nice compliments.

Reaction score
This makes me miss having a basement. I've got one TINY room to display all my stuff, with BARELY 1/3rd of the room I used to have, and I've got a useless 8 year old computer the wife won't let me get rid of. This looks outstanding.

Reaction score
Great collection Dan, tell me how you get your cat I see on the stairs from wrecking everything? My cat is banned from the vintage area as I want them to stay mint! Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Reaction score
I don't know what kind of cat psychology is involved, but when the shelves were completely full, he usually left them alone. If there was some space where he could sit, especially on the top shelf, he'd get up there and start knocking things over. I stapled black poster board to the ceiling to keep him from crawling from the other side. We have another cat, too, and she's pretty good. Now, if something fell and they found it on the floor, they'd be all over it, though. My TLC Grievous lost some lightsabers that way. In my new place, they've both been pretty good, so let's hope it lasts!

Reaction score
That looks great! love he way you have it displayed, and to think you had to downsize! Really like those half circle display shelves whered you get them?

Reaction score
They are called Ultaramas. There used to be a link to buy them on here, but I don't know if they are still making them. :(

Reaction score
Ok thanks. I checked but they are no longer available. guess ill just keep my eyes peeled

Reaction score
I've got stuff set up in our condo, but my collection has to share a room with a computer desk and a futon! We are waiting to see what happens with my wife's job (might have to relocate again) before we get a new house, so it could be quite a while before I can set everything up again.

Reaction score
This is a great collection and impressively displayed. I absolutely love the Galoob stuff, it was so creative and fun to play with. It's a shame to have to take it all down. Do you have a favorite toy or group of toys that you have to have out on display?

Reaction score
Very nice! The highlight for me is the Kenner Micro sets. They look great in the display cabinets!