My Clone Armies and other...

Reaction score
I... I... I... I...:eek::wtf:eek:-o:eek::wtf:eek:-o HOLY MOTHER OF A GUNDARK!!!! You sir are the best. +1 internets to you!

Reaction score
I am very envious of your armies! You are an inspiration!
You have inspired me to collect a army.
I... I... I... I...:eek::wtf:eek:-o:eek::wtf:eek:-o HOLY MOTHER OF A GUNDARK!!!! You sir are the best. +1 internets to you!
Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

I have not been on this website for a long time because of the way Hasbro has destroyed collecting for army-builders, but it's nice to know that there are still people out there who are interested in army-building. I wish all of you who desire to army-build the best of luck. With the way the market is now, there is no way in heck I would have been able to assemble the collection I did.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Hi urbnns,

In which way has Hasbro destroyed the market for army-building?
Many would say that is most-likely a question for the general discussion thread. And since I don't spend any energy on Star Wars collecting anymore, I'm going to refrain from getting into a long conversation on the topic.

So allow me to revise my previous statement by saying, "...since Hasbro has destroyed the market of army-building for me personally."

Reaction score
Wow that is impressive. Didn't think hasbro had actually made that many figures, ha ha.

Reaction score
Your army yearns for action. Are there no rebels or toy-invaders near or in your house that need to be crushed in some wildly dramatic diorama? Your army is an ultimate power. Someone must be itching for a butt-kicking. :)

Reaction score
Your army yearns for action. Are there no rebels or toy-invaders near or in your house that need to be crushed in some wildly dramatic diorama? Your army is an ultimate power. Someone must be itching for a butt-kicking. :)
lol! I spent so much time, money and energy on building clone armies that I never really bothered with opposing forces much. So I don't really have any good opposition squads to set up battle scenes with.

I do have armies of battle droids from TPM and AOTC, so I guess I could set something up with those. But I'm in another one of those transitionary stages of life again, so the troops are being packed away for the time being.

Maybe one of these days I'll come up with something...

Reaction score
Being a little sentimental today. Remembering the good ol' days of SW collecting...

Reaction score
Being a little sentimental today. Remembering the good ol' days of SW collecting...
So tell us what your collection is doing, these days. Is it all packed up? Is it partly on display? Do you have a display on your desk? Are you losing interest in it? Does your family ever mention it?

Christmas is coming, and Christmas is a time for many things, some of which include fun, and enjoyment, and of course, toys. So tell us how you and your collection are enjoying the spirit of winter. Maybe take a shot of your collection, even if it's in boxes, and let us see it. :)

Reaction score
Sadly, my collection is all in boxes in a climate controlled storage unit. No room in my current living space for any of it. :-(

So tell us what your collection is doing, these days. Is it all packed up? Is it partly on display? Do you have a display on your desk? Are you losing interest in it? Does your family ever mention it?

Christmas is coming, and Christmas is a time for many things, some of which include fun, and enjoyment, and of course, toys. So tell us how you and your collection are enjoying the spirit of winter. Maybe take a shot of your collection, even if it's in boxes, and let us see it. :)

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything is ok.
Everything is cool. I've just had to move a few times in the past five years, and haven't been able to find a permanent enough living space that would make it worthwhile to set it all up again. The last time I had them set up (the pictures included in this thread) was back in 2010 when I was living in one of my best friend's houses. I intended on living there for quite a while, but ended up moving after only 14 months. It was a lot of work to set all that stuff up, only to tear it down about 8 months after I completed the task. I decided that I wouldn't set them up again until I found a place I knew they'd be able to stay up in for at least 2 years or longer.

Reaction score
How do you manage to keep them from falling over, without stands....
Most all of my action figures are super-articulated, so they stand very well without figure stands. This is one of the biggest reasons I believe articulated ankles are very necessary. Most figures without articulated ankles will not stand on their own over long periods of time.

The only figures with articulated ankles I've ever had trouble with were the TVC battle droids and the TLC/TVC General Grievous. I attribute those problems to the flimsy plastic material Hasbro used to produce them.

Other than those, everything else I've ever displayed has stood very well without any figure stands being necessary.

Reaction score
So, reading that story about the dude with 60,000 Darth Vader pieces of memorabilia made me ponder...

What does everyone think is the largest clone army anybody's ever put together? Anybody think mine would be a contender? Should I try to get Guiness on the phone? Hahaha!

Reaction score
In a word, YES. Start by counting it up. I for one am fascinated by your collection, have been since I found your post on Rebelscum, which is incidentally "the" post that made me join the forum. And yes - you largely implanted in my head the idea of collecting units of troops. :)

Reaction score
So, reading that story about the dude with 60,000 Darth Vader pieces of memorabilia made me ponder...

What does everyone think is the largest clone army anybody's ever put together? Anybody think mine would be a contender? Should I try to get Guiness on the phone? Hahaha!
I think you should go for it! I haven't seen your thread in almost three years, bur your collection by far is amazing. The set up, and all around dedication. Like the JediCon trooper for example. Obviously each clone is a different figure, but the amount of the same SA mold is incredible.

The only other collection that comes to mind as 'armybuilding', is the guy that intends to buy all vintage Snow Serpents.

Reaction score
Out of curiousity, at the new price point for the black series 3 3/4" figures is anyone interested in building any armies of this magnitude?

That new Episode VII Stormtrooper is an ideal candidate for me in assembling a new army (if they ever do a fully articulated version of it), but at $12-$14 a pop I'd have a hard time dropping the cash.

Who's with me?

Reaction score
Now that's army building! Great set up.

No offense, but I just want to play Dominoes with them!
I also mean no disrespect, but it's hard not to imagine the potential that one could tip and knock them all over. That happens to me with my displays from time to time. Should've played more "Operation" as a child. Would've helped me with set-ups.

Reaction score
Now that's army building! Great set up.

No offense, but I just want to play Dominoes with them!
I also mean no disrespect, but it's hard not to imagine the potential that one could tip and knock them all over. That happens to me with my displays from time to time. Should've played more "Operation" as a child. Would've helped me with set-ups.
Haha! I know, right? Lot's of danger in the domino effect happening and having a disaster on my hands. But, fortunately, I keep them in a room that nobody but me ever really goes into. I've had a couple of people in there over the years who bumped into things that were closer to the floor. But so far, nobody's ever bumped into my shelf displays!

Reaction score
Funny I saw this topic update, as just a few days ago I was thinking about what inspired me to start 'army' building back when I was younger. This was definitely one of the things I saw that got me dreaming! I remember seeing this thread back when I was a teenager and being stunned! Being a PT fanatic I always wanted to have this many troopers, and I was so jealous! :oops: I remember I saved some of the awesome pics in the first post to my PC so I could look at them and imagine they were mine lol. But I didn't, and still don't, have the money or the stores to get that many! Having started, I'm now seeing that space is another factor!
Relying on eBay for my army building (more like squad building) habit right now. I'd say the most I have is about thirty 501st Clones, but I'll have to count up as they're in separate places in my hobby room. I'll have to upload some pics!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Finally! These are unboxed again and ready to be re-displayed in my new house! Looking forward to that after almost 8 years. B)