My Basement

Reaction score
My Star Wars Basement

Star Wars Collection update May 4 2017
I updated my collection video for Star Wars Day 2017. I'll do dedicated videos of the different dioramas in the near future. It's been a work in progress since 1999. I still have several hundred phase 2 Clonetroopers to set-up, but I need to buy some more clear stands ( I'm so bummed Real Stands is out of business, I wish Hasbro would have bought the company).

Separate Diorama link:

Revenge of the Wookiees

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: The Basement

Looks fantastic man! All those tie fighters are especially eye-drawing.

Reaction score

Your pictures are great! That must have been really fun to set up. I like seeing all the different squadrons of ships flying into battle.

Reaction score

Thanx guys
I'm stoked that the first reply is from the closest Scummer I know of, and the second reply is from the second closest forum member
Totally Awesome

Reaction score

Wow,dude.I thought I had a big collection.

Very,very cool setup.I love it when people hang their vehicles.
As a person who also hangs vehicles,is there a ship that you have trouble hanging?
For me,there's only one,but I won't say just yet which one,but I've hung about every ship there is.
Give us some totals.How many figures,ships/vehicles,etc.
Love the details.

Reaction score

Wow!
That's a lot of ....STUFF!! All those death stars!! All those turret playsets!!! All those vehicles!!! All those...everything. Cool. Mom, can I go over to Soulydyes' house!!!
Awesome. When my Star Wars collection grows up I hope it can be even close to this collection. Can't wait to see everything set up. It will be a while you've got a lot of work ahead of you. Have fun.

Reaction score

Awesome dioramas! Everything looks great!

Reaction score

This an amazing collection, I envy your mass amount of ATAT walkers!

Reaction score

whoa-that is one killer collection you have going on. great pics and keep up the good work.

Reaction score

Awesome collection. I like how it is displayed, superb dios!

Reaction score

That is a collection of monolithic proportions - well done!

Reaction score

I like the customized vintage Death Star playsets - that's a great setup!

Reaction score

TheRealMrMaul said:
When my Star Wars collection grows up I hope it can be even close to this collection.
Well put! I would show the pictures to my son, but he would probably want to go live at your house!

Reaction score

Hi
I updated some pictures. I'm working on an End of the Clone Wars diorama (was hoping to enter it for the Hasbro Dio Contest last Fall). I still have to hang 3 more Y-Wings, 3 V-Wings, 3 V-19s, 12 Jedi Starfighters and a Blue Tiger ARC. My daughter calls it the battel of Bakaka. I also replaced some small wing ties for the new Target Ties in my Hoth and Endor TIE Fighter formations.
The link is at the botton of my post </font>
<font color="red">Thanks again to all the folks here who have helped me

Reaction score

Looks great! Keep up the good work. BTW love that vintage Death Star!!!

Reaction score
Re: The Basement ( Updated 3-3-10 a few new pics)

hi this is quiet impressive thanks for sharing

Reaction score

The scope of your collection is just staggering! Is that a Wheeled Warriors playset I see on Tatooine? (Split in two, with Senate Pods in it?)

Reaction score

Obi_Dan_Kenobi said:
The scope of your collection is just staggering! Is that a Wheeled Warriors playset I see on Tatooine? (Split in two, with Senate Pods in it?)
It is a Wheeled Warriors Base (was my first Sandcrawler) with a Starriors base in the middle. I hope to hang-up 4 Pod racers (2 Ani's and 2 Sebulba's with 3 pilots in addition to Sebulba )flying through the streets this weekend
I also have several more ships to hang over Mos Eisley, including 3 OutRiders as Jabba'a official patrol craft, A POTF Slave 1, an AOTC Slave 1, and a bunch of non Star Wars craft to show how congested the flight paths are.
The Sandpeople's camp will be on the top of the shelving unit, so that they'll be able to get some nice shots off at the pod racers as they make their way through the town below.

<font color="green">
13 APR 10

I haven't messed alot with Tatooine. But I am still setting up and have new pics. It's taking longer than I thought it would .
NEW PICTURES START ON PAGE 2 OF ALBUM </font>

The Star Wars Collection in the Basement

Reaction score
Re: My Basement ( Updated 3-3-10 a few new pics)

Hi
I've been working on my displays, I had no idea it would take this long to put it all together. I can say that I'm well underway ( I just wish I had some REALSTANDS though ). On HOTH </font> I have Turbo Tanks and Imperial ARC-170s. On ENDOR </font> , I depict the other side of Endor, where the Wookies had their Revenge on the Emperor's Secret Reinforecements. <font color="brown">Tatooine has an annual reinactment of Anakin and Sebulba's famous race. <font color="green">There is Rancor love in Jabba's Palace and various displays in progress.

I still have to set-up the majority of my Clone armybuilders, so my displays are alittle barren. I hope to be finished in a few months.

Thanx for looking

Updated Pictures of the Star Wars Collection in My Basement

Reaction score

lots of figures, looks great

Reaction score

Impressive... most impressive. I'm particularly jealous of your Death Star set up. Very nice use of the multiple vintage Death Stars. Always loved that playset.

Reaction score

Thanx
I really enjoy my hobby
I'm still setting up. I was hanging some more ROTS Jedi Starfighters yesterday over my Battle of Beckaka display (my daughter came up with the name for it
). I still have about 15 Seperatist fighters to hang in opposition to The Army of the Republic. I hope to buy 3 Hyena Bombers and I'll be all set vehicle wise for that display. I have several GI Joe Grizzly Tanks that I was using for my Neimoidian Army, but they take up as much room as an AT-TE, making the display look too cluttered (the poor Neimoidians will just have to use their hand held weapons).

I can't wait to add my latest AT-AT the my Hoth display. Those things are huge and display a lot of figures. I almost thought about removing my Turbo Tanks so I'd have more room for 5 BAT-ATs, but I really like the TTs with the group of both versions of the Concept Snowtroopers leading the assault on Echo Base (kind of hard to see them in the current pictures between the TTs).

I still have a majority of my figures to set up I really wish I could buy 1000 more REALSTANDS. I've seen a couple different kinds of other stands but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I hope to be finished within the next couple months (although I've been trying to finish my displays for a few years now
).

I love Star Wars
At work, when I have a pediatic patient, Star Wars is usually my first topic of conversation to introduce myself and get to know my patient, sometimes I even pull my pictures up for them (the patient and their parents) too see. I love to see their eyes open wide and jaws drop. Haven't met a kid yet who doesn't love Star Wars

Reaction score

What a collection! I love the Death Star set up.

Reaction score

Thank you. I just hung-up some Clone Wars Y-Wings over my GEONOSIS display (just love them, the ARC-170 and V-19 Torrent so much that I hade to make them part of the display eventhough they weren't in the movie).

As always, I'm still working away towards finishing it (and having fun at the same time). I wish I were talented like the many other Scummers who make such AWESOME dioramas and movie scenes.

<font color="red"> EDIT: 25 MAR 11
I've addded Clone Wars Y-WINGS to my MUSTAFAR and HOTH Displays ( which are still in progress).
I didn't think I'd like the Clone Wars Y-Wing with the original Y-Wing mold, but I think they display nicely together (The VOTC PILOT LUKE fits snuggly in the ****pit of the new Y-Wing ). </font>

Reaction score
Re: My Basement (updated 19 MAR 11 still in progress)

Wow. Very nice updates! You have quite an impressive collection. The space battles overhead are amazing!

Reaction score

I like the Saber and the Mig.

Reaction score

Those are there to incorporate the spirit of my Father into the collection (he loved the Military Hardware and the F-86 was his favorite fighter). My Dad's the one who got me into classic war, Horror and Science Fiction movies ( a love I've passed one to my kids). My Dad was the one who brought me to see "Star Wars" for the first time and later to "Star Trek : The Motion Picture" at Mann's Chinese in Hollywood. He loved the Creature from the Black Lagoon and his favorite movie was The Day the Earth Stood Still. With regards to the latter, my father's dying words to all the assembled family around his deathbed were "Klatu Barata Nicto" (which is how he and his best friend from childhood would end their written correspondences and telephone conversations to each other). At first I thought it was a message for my Uncle Kenny ( which I conveyed to him when informing him of my Father's death), but I later realized he said it to me because I was the only person present at his passing who would understand the sigfnifigance of it, of all the things he could of said to all of us, he said something only that I would understand (I think he was forced to be a grounded individual, but found freedom through realm of fantasy). He never saw my collection, but he's a big part of it
My kids tell me that when I die they're going to mix my ashes with plastic to make a Star Wars figure of me (a Jedi with tye dyed robes).

Reaction score

Holy CRAP that is an awesome setup!

Reaction score

This is an incredible set up. I have been trying to build armies like this myself however I also collect vintage so it is slow going. I am also impressed with your clone army and the number of ships you have hanging from the ceiling.

Reaction score
Hey Now my fellow Scummers, I'd like to share some udates to my Geonosis diorama, I included more Clones and Jedi. I also updated the Imperial and Republic forces on Hoth, including some of the new TRU Y-Wings with the open socket for droids.
Thanx for looking : )

Reaction score
Wow, that is a crazy set up that you have going on in your basement. Love it! I wish I had that kind of space for my display, and a wife that "helps" with setting things up.

Reaction score
Hey Now :grin: I've updated some photos. I'm still working on my displays. I've run out of clear stands so I'm waiting until I can buy some more to display my Clone Army. I can't figure our how to edit the post header.

Also, I'm using photobucket, PLEASE don't use view all, it usually locks-up the computer.