Must Read If Starting A Thread Here

Philip_Wise

Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I have been noticing a number of members have been deleting the text of their offer posts and even the thread titles.

As a condition of using this section, please do not do this. When you do so, you cause us to lose important information that the community can use to better understand these collectibles.

When you have a completed thread, or one you no longer want open, simple append "sold, done, lock" or some other nomenclature to the end of your subject.

If it continues to happen we will need to prevent user edits of posts minutes after posted, something I do not wish to do.

Thanks.

MAF

Reaction score
Philip:

I'm trying to better understand what you're looking to discourage--changing the thread title or just outright deleting the thread title. I'll explain...

I've been editing the title of my thread as the items I have available for sale change. For instance, my thread title started off as "FS: MR Cases and Display Accessories". Once all the display accessories were sold, I changed the thread title to "FS: MR Cases". Now that all but one of the cases have sold, I changed the thread title to "FS: MR Yoda AOTC Case". Should I not be doing that?

I also have several new MR display-related items I was planning to add to my sale thread and was going to update the thread title accordingly. Should I be starting a new thread instead?

Reaction score
However MAF reading your recent sale what had been sold already was evident from the main body text of the post, I think what Philip is trying to stop is people erasing the total post (and the title in many cases) because what items have been sold cannot be traced.

Reaction score
I agree, I think what Philip is getting at is people deleting their post so all that's left in the title is "Sold" and all that's left in the body is "Sold". Updating your title to reflect what's still "in stock" doesn't seem like an issue, as long as you leave a list of everything you've been selling.

Other users can help with this too: If you're the first to reply, quote the seller's post.

Reaction score
BigDumbWookiee said:
Other users can help with this too: If you're the first to reply, quote the seller's post.
That sounds like a sensible idea.

Reaction score
It's also helpful to track the sale value of the items. It's good to be able to search on an item and see what sales have been in the past. Sometimes when I'm on the fence, I'll look around to see "is that a good deal, great deal, ok deal, etc..."

When the post is gone and you can't see the sale price, then it's impossible to see what happened, and I'm still in the dark (as normal).

It's also very helpful when I'm in a good mood, and see that something just sold for 3 times lower than what I bought it for....Get's me back to my old grumpy self

MAF

Reaction score
Revan said:
However MAF reading your recent sale what had been sold already was evident from the main body text of the post, I think what Philip is trying to stop is people erasing the total post (and the title in many cases) because what items have been sold cannot be traced.
I was inclined to believe that too. Just looking for clarification from pw.

Reaction score
very good idea, philip. i've been hoping for a change on the "sold" listings & now here it is. woo hoo! thx again.

Reaction score
I also hate it. For example:

FS: MR Han Solo Blaster

and a few days go by and it sells then the title says:

Sold Please Lock

why can't it just say:

FS: MR Han Solo Blaster - SOLD

and keep the original post of price and all. It really helps knowing what the item value is and if you are looking to sell something you can search old threads to see what others have sold it for that way you get an idea on how much to sell it for. Please don't delete the info. It can be useful down the road.

Philip_Wise

Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
yes, you guys all appear to have the gist of what I'm trying to accomplish.

MAF, I understand what you're saying, agree with it, and have a method to accomplish it as well.

What I'd like to see is for the original post not modifed in any way, other than to update prices and if an item is sold, mark it with a strikethrough, or simply mark it as sold.

BDW, quoting the post is certainly good as well, and another means I have visited as a solution.

Reaction score
I like reading sold!
Especially if it is my item that has been sold! :p
I see your point as this information can be archived for future reference!

Reaction score
hello philip, just wanted to say hi, just joined your forum as tauntauntubby, i love taun tauns, been a fanof your site for years, just wanted to say since i am new iposted an itemfor sale and i hope i did it right, if not, forgive me, i am new, let meknow.thank you amigo...mike..p.s. i also have an item for trade where do i post that. thanks
mike

Reaction score
More and more members (even old members) simply cannot/do not want to understand that, as per forum rules stated here, they should not remove the prices after they sold the stuff.

Reaction score
Should the prices of each item stay listed, even though the items were sold on another site (eBay). I did not promote any of my auctions, but thought I would ask. Thanks.

Reaction score
How can we know you sold them on ebay or other boards? No one can verify that. Plus you posted the announcement here too and as per Rebelscum forum rules, well, you know...

Reaction score
Admin: How can I update the body of a post after the 2 day period. Hence, many people have price drops on their item and we can only add as a reply. When using the app, the body of the post shows and that has the incorrect price which could sway people to not check the post. I appreciate your help!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Admin: How can I update the body of a post after the 2 day period. Hence, many people have price drops on their item and we can only add as a reply. When using the app, the body of the post shows and that has the incorrect price which could sway people to not check the post. I appreciate your help!
Old question that never got answered it looks like. The first post of any thread in the classifieds section of the forum is editable by the original thread starter. This way, you can always update your subject and the body of your post to reflect price drops and changes.