Multipurpose Knockoff: Futuristic Power Silver Striker

Reaction score
A good friend recently gave me a heads up about what appeared to be a knock-off vehicle ("Futuristic Power Silver Striker") that features none other than my pal the B-Wing Pilot at the helm on the packaging (donning a LeVar Burton-esque head-band, no less). It also features a funky gold-domed Snowtrooper, Clawful from MOTU, and what looks to be a GI Joe of some kind -- the toy lines for all of which are advertised to be compatible with the vehicle.

You can check out the rest of the photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/124934530@N05/sets/72157645390438755/

silverstrikerRS.jpg

The item came from a seller in Italy, and features a "tercom" sticker in Italian on the box. It appears to be an import made in China by Echo Toys, Ltd (with a copyright of 1984), which I am not familiar with but had found a reference to the company as an RC toy manufacturer based in Hong Kong. There's a similar item out there from Echo called the "Grid Striker" which was also available as an import in Europe, but that one doesn't feature any Star Wars figures.

Special thanks to those that have already given me some insight on this thing -- I'm not well-versed in knock-off toys and was wondering if anyone had come across something like this before? In any event, it's a fun item for my B-Wing Pilot focus and a welcome surprise. :)

--Steve

Reaction score
This is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. Not only should there be a huge congrats on adding this to your B-Wing Pilot collection, but a huge congrats on now being the envy of all of the Snowtrooper and Clawful focus collectors around the world. Seriously, great stuff!

Reaction score
Seriously awesome toy. I love how the packaging integrates Star Wars, MOTU and GI Joe figures. If only Silver Striker had a robot mode it would be like the Rosetta Stone of 1980s toy goodness :grin:.

Reaction score
Very cool, I love the cheesy photo art on the box!! Looks like their might also be a bootleg B-Wing pilot for you to track down as well. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cracks me up that the fact the front end is at 45 degrees was deemed worthy enough of a feature to be pointed out!

Reaction score
That is pretty stellar...stuff like that is why I love 80's toys. Makes me a little sad that my kids won't ever get the joy of finding stuff like this on some random hardware/general store shelf.

Reaction score
My favorite part is how the Clawful appears to be giving the viewer the thumbs up! I know that's typical of MOTU toys, but this is just hilarious on this photo. Like he's some sort of John Hannibal telling us it's all good! Maybe that's just because he's in the "5" Commander Cockpit"? :)

That thing is just awesome, Steve! Congrats!!!!

Reaction score
Great oddball item that fits your focus. Would had been great if it came with the knock off figures shown on the box.
Do you think they where made aswell or just for the pictures for the artwork?

Reaction score
Reminds me of that cool Darth Vader on a Motorbike someone had on here a little while ago... These knockoffs are quite intriguing sometimes!!

Reaction score
Reminds me of that cool Darth Vader on a Motorbike someone had on here a little while ago... These knockoffs are quite intriguing sometimes!!

That was me and nobody wanted to buy it :) I gave it away for a sound....Actually I like this vehivle better as it has a direct vintage relation due to the figures shown. IF anyone finds an extra piece, I will gladly buy it. I love masters of the universe and star wars and bootlegs- thats the perfect item :)

Reaction score
Great oddball item that fits your focus. Would had been great if it came with the knock off figures shown on the box.
Do you think they where made aswell or just for the pictures for the artwork?

From what I could tell, Echo Toys was/is really more an RC toy company, so I would think these figures were doctored specifically for the packaging artwork. Who knows whatever happened to them…but I may just have to commission a custom La Forge-Wing Pilot (Cooler Older Brother of the B-Wing Pilot). :)

That was me and nobody wanted to buy it :) I gave it away for a sound....Actually I like this vehivle better as it has a direct vintage relation due to the figures shown. IF anyone finds an extra piece, I will gladly buy it. I love masters of the universe and star wars and bootlegs- thats the perfect item :)

Definitely save an auction search for “Silver Striker,” (or “Grid Striker” if you don’t mind not having a Star Wars figure on there). There have to be others out there.

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone!

--Steve

Last edited:
Reaction score
While it's not a boxed example, I came across this old 1985 advertisement from a now closed Western Canada store called Woodward's that sold the Silver Striker:

silverstriker.JPG

Reaction score
While it's not a boxed example, I came across this old 1985 advertisement from a now closed Western Canada store called Woodward's that sold the Silver Striker

That's awesome, Scott! Great to see another piece of evidence that fits the puzzle. :)

--Steve

Last edited:
Reaction score
While it's not a boxed example, I came across this old 1985 advertisement from a now closed Western Canada store called Woodward's that sold the Silver Striker:

That's about when I place my memory of a similar toy in a Kay-Bee. I'm becoming more convinced that this Silver Striker was what I remember.

Reaction score
More from my memory, if anyone's interested. They had a stack of these up front, where the cheap / clearance stuff always was. The tables of stuff you had to walk through to get to the "good" toys.

Also, FWIW, I've got an incomplete loose one on the way to me. Will post some pictures here when it arrives (assuming Steve doesn't mind).

Reaction score
Here it goes. Well, actually, not - the motor is broken, so it doesn't go. This is just so goofy - the He-Man figure dwarfs the 4-inchers!

049_zpsa37df3e3.jpg

050_zps505c07e0.jpg

053_zpsdb668fff.jpg

051_zpsf70db385.jpg

052_zps250b819e.jpg

Reaction score
Hello members, I'm googling all my old vintage toys before our big yard sale and I came across this forum. I would like to sell it to people like you all that would appreciate these kind of things. Apologies if this isn't allowed on this thread, the classified sections were a bit confusing -(noob here). If I can figure out how to upload a pic I will. $20 not including s/h, from St. Louis. Thanks.

Reaction score
I just love cross-line compatability.....that the designers attempted to make it all things to all lines....regardless how goofy and hokey it looked with differently scaled figures.

Another reason why the 80s rocked. Best movies and toy lines......,questionable fashion and music,though Lol

Darren

Last edited:
Reaction score
wow, Steve. This is super cool! We should talk about it on the next 'Chive Cast!!!!