MR Stormtrooper Helmet Questions - Resolution

Reaction score
Re: MR Stormtrooper Helmet Questions

Bingo_Bongo said:
I find it interesting that you want to censure any discussions about SDS/AA.

It suggests to me that even you now see your argument as completely baseless!
Jez. You really need to quit pitching SDS/AA helmets here in the Master Replicas forum. Use the Props: Fan Made Replicas section to discuss his/your stuff.

There have been many threads here in the MR forum where you jump in and start talking about SDS/AA this...SDS/AA that. I really wish the mods would start catching on to what you are doing.

Keep the discussions here about MR stuff. If you want to do a compare/contrast, start a new thread in the other forum and reference thread X in this forum.

It seems that you try to pit yourself against person X, Y or Z when they don't see eye-to-eye with you and start a whole discussion based purely on circumstantial information and get off topic REALLY fast.

Now that I have voiced my opinion....
Can we get back on topic about the TK bucket from MR?

Cheers!

Reaction score

err, we were on track!

I started this thread to talk about the MR Stormtrooper Helmet.

Duke Joey, as usual took it as as opportunity to have a blast at SDS, so I responded - as is my right

Reread the thread and you will see that it wasnt me who took it OT

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score

Back on topic.....

Looking at the information from Bryan at MR I think I’m pleased that theyre doing this as a one-piece fiberglass helmet, like the clone helmets.

We all know the originals were vac-formed plastic but I understand MR’s wish to make these a more rugged collectable. Because of that, I think theyre right to ditch the plan to make a four part fiberglass helmet since theyre more able to ensure continuity in production of a one-piece. One of the key issues with replica plastic helmets is that each one looks slightly different from the other due to the way theyre assembled (mainly the face and cap/back). I think most collectors would prefer their helmet to look exactly like the one in the advert

In addition – making them in sections would add gaps that due to the thickness of the fiberglass may make the helmet look different from the originals and that’s not a good thing

The fact the brow trim is made of rubber is also good news, although I hope they remove the bump under its left eye (in the prototype pictured) as the Hero’s didn’t have them. Belows a shot of the Hero in the LFL archives – if MR have access to this then they wont go far wrong

So I’m looking forward to this helmet, and hope it will be ready for the 30th Anniversary

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score

That is going to be one swanky lid. The one thing I hope for for this is that MR has solved the glue problems. You know the way some peoples' lightsaber grips have peeled loose over time? I'd hate to see a spate of helmets with eyebrow malfunctions.

Reaction score

Awwwee man seeing those pics makes me want it even more!!!

Reaction score

Well from the looks of the helmet there are many flaws.

The frown is completely off on this helmet. If this is supposed to be a hero helmet, it has a lot of work left. If you look at the archive photo that bingo bongo posted (I'm amazed he has permission to do this) you will notice the frown on the AHN Hero helmet only has 2 holes on each side of the middle tooth on the frown. This one has 3 holes and 3 teeth.

I don't buy the notion that they scanned a real ANH Hero helmet. Looks more like they just tweaked the GF molds that they have in their possession.

I figured since bingo bongo is the resident trooperexpert he would have pointed out the flaws in this helmet.

Reaction score

The "flaws" as you put it have been discussed at length on this and other forums. There are a number of things about this helmet that are different from the screen used ones but Master Replicas are to some extent producing an "idealised" version - so its never going to look 1:1

In addition, and to be fair to them, this is only a prototype so we've no guarantee that the finished version will be exactly the same as this one.

If I didnt have permission to post the archive pic I really wouldnt have

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score

Still really excited about this one. I havnt made an MR purchase in a while.

Hoping the see a closer-to-the-final at Celebration IV.

Reaction score

MrBryan has said on the MR forums don't judge it on the toyfair photos. The finished one will be different from the prototype.

Also, Jez, it may be just me, but looking at that Archives Hero helmet, it does seem to show the bump in the eye... just a little. Is it me?

Reaction score

anyone heard
that MR can't fullfil the orders on the storm trooper helmats on time and not all who ordered will get the stormie buckets ?i was told this buy the person i ordered the stormtrooper helmat from
anyone else heard of this
i'am pissed at MR if that's the case fracking spend 10000's of dollars on their stuff only to get stiffed outa my storm trooper bucket
any info on this matter would be greatly apperiated
tk...out

Reaction score

Only 1,048 helmets were made out of the 2,500

Many ADs got their orders cut by 60%

Reaction score

Jedi_Rainman said:

man that is so disapointing man
now i can understand why some guys are going nuts trying to score one.
ohwell i'll find a better custom somewhere cheaper too lol

Reaction score

tk1565 said:
Jedi_Rainman said:

Best of luck friend

Reaction score

Jedi_Rainman said:

I'm sorry but there is no excuse for this. If MR wanted to fix it they could have.

Reaction score

Jedi534 said:
Jedi_Rainman said:

I'm sorry but there is no excuse for this. If MR wanted to fix it they could have.
The Stormtrooper was the most anticipated yet was cut short. The question that will probably never get answered is..why?

Reaction score

Jedi_Rainman said:
Jedi534 said:
Jedi_Rainman said:

The Stormtrooper was the most anticipated yet was cut short. The question that will probably never get answered is..why?
Totally agreed, Most anticipated and why the heck cut short. Just bitter I was cut short from this helmet aswell.

Reaction score

Jedi_Rainman said:
Jedi534 said:
Jedi_Rainman said:

I thought we had heard why? Wasn't it the factory started making the helmet later than anticipated due to prior manufacturing obligations to other companies? Combining that with the ending of the SW license hard date at the end of 2007 forced the cut in the total production number. Sadly MR just simply ran out of time allowed to them to complete the full run.

Also sadly, I think re-casters are going to have a field day with this piece.

Reaction score

tk1565 said:
Jedi_Rainman said:

Personally I'd be holding out to see what eFX have planned, I'm pretty sure they'll be aware of the issues/demand for the Stormie helmet so I would think this will be one of, if not the, first helmet they make - my quess would be followed by an AOTC Clone!

Reaction score

I don't think eFX will touch the stormtrooper issue for a while. Bryan has already said they are not interested in going back to what MR already produced. They "may" make a stunt version (which would be different), but I don't think they will hit it again just because MR didn't make all they thought they could.

Reaction score

Darth_Nickel said:
I don't think eFX will touch the stormtrooper issue for a while. Bryan has already said they are not interested in going back to what MR already produced. They "may" make a stunt version (which would be different), but I don't think they will hit it again just because MR didn't make all they thought they could.
I think they would be crazy not to. There are at least 500 from what we know that will not be fulfilled because of the short run. The demand for this will still be pretty good and if they decide on the symmetrical, idealized version (fine with me) then that will be different from the MR LE version.

I hope they do it as it looks like my AD got shorted his entire order.

Reaction score

If I was EFX I would probably do a ROTJ Stormy within the first few years. Helps fill the Stormy helmet demand, but isn't an ANH model so will get some people with the ANH version to buy a ROTJ one.

Reaction score

vpkirk said:
If I was EFX I would probably do a ROTJ Stormy within the first few years. Helps fill the Stormy helmet demand, but isn't an ANH model so will get some people with the ANH version to buy a ROTJ one.
Sounds like the best plan for then since they get everyone who missed on the MR plus as you say some who have it will want an ROTJ as well - good call.

Reaction score

Hi Has anybody received confirmation of the Stormtrooper LE helmet pre order with an AD called platinum collectibles worldwide. I have an order with them and i'm still waiting for confirmation either good or bad?

Reaction score

Hi The Stormtrooper LE was ordered in Aug / Sept last year. I have now received a mail confirming that I did not make the cut but my refund has not yet shown up!!!