MR Comic Con Party!

Reaction score
HI,

Let's do it. The people in the GG forumn did a list for the il-fated BHS and had YodaNews guy, maybe named Mark, present it to GG at the Wizard World East, before the
bust was released online.

Anyone going to Wizard World want to volunteer-? Well, since Amy is online at RS, unlike GG, we can write here. Still, who is going to keep the list? Please add me, MR member Bruce_Smith.

Good idea, let's get it done,

Bruce

Reaction score
I am new here so forgive me if I should know this.
I just found out I will be going to the San Diego con this year, and I wanted to find out how can I request a ticket to the MR party?
Thanks for the info,
Scott

Reaction score
go check the mr blog, there is an email on one of them you can send your request to or you can check the thread under MR comic con party, which I believe is under the 5th topic down under props from the main menu

Reaction score
Thank you for the info. The MR site does not work on my computer (it doesn't like my Mac G-3 laptop with IE 5.1) So I can't open their blog.
If anyone can e-mail the e-mail adress to me that I can send the request too, I would appreciate it.
Scott
scottctucker@gmail.com

Reaction score
HI Damon and all,

We have a very limited amount of goodie bags so we will not be able to send out to anyone unless they are at the party.

damon5973 said:
Would it be possible to put aside 50 goodie bags for people who cannot attend? then you could start a thread and put names on a list so that they can randomly be chosen to get a goodie bag?

just an Idea. seems like east coast people miss out on alot.
frown.gif

Reaction score
Hmmmm. That is disappointing....Well, IF you DO have extras....can you pull names from a hat???

Reaction score
Sounds fair, if you do, place the names in a hat. After Damon gets his of course as he is the one who cmae up with the idea.
smile.gif

Reaction score
I actually dont want one...I get alot from MR and was really thinking for everyone else...
cool.gif

Reaction score
I got my ticket/card to the party today, I must say, the card is pretty cool, even has my name on it.

Thank you Master Replicas!
grin.gif

Reaction score
qwa_raig said:
I got my ticket/card to the party today, I must say, the card is pretty cool, even has my name on it.

Thank you Master Replicas!
grin.gif

Can I be your guest at the party qwa raig?

Reaction score
Well Everyone, I am off to Comic-Con! I am really looking forward to seeing some of you there. Be sure if you are going that you come by and say hello. I will be hanging out at the Marketing/Customer Service table. I will also be there to great you when you come to the party. I hope you all have a great Comic-Con! For those of you who cannot attend, we will be updating our blog regularly so you don't have to miss out on anything!

Philip_Wise

Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
MRCUSTOMERCARE said:
Well Everyone, I am off to Comic-Con! I am really looking forward to seeing some of you there. Be sure if you are going that you come by and say hello. I will be hanging out at the Marketing/Customer Service table. I will also be there to great you when you come to the party. I hope you all have a great Comic-Con! For those of you who cannot attend, we will be updating our blog regularly so you don't have to miss out on anything!

Amy... can Todd4567 have one of my spots?

Reaction score
Of course, they are your spots to give! Just send me his name via email Philip and I will add him to the list.

Philip_Wise said:
MRCUSTOMERCARE said:

Reaction score
MRCUSTOMERCARE said:
Of course, they are your spots to give! Just send me his name via email Philip and I will add him to the list.

Philip_Wise said:
MRCUSTOMERCARE said:

Phillip....You are awesome!!!

Reaction score
I didn't really care for the C3 party they threw
tongue.gif
Too crowded, snacks were gone before everyone even got into the little room, and it was hot
tongue.gif

I got to meet Philip and Kit Fisto and Jango Fett

Reaction score
Jedi_Rainman said:
I didn't really care for the C3 party they threw
tongue.gif
Too crowded, snacks were gone before everyone even got into the little room, and it was hot
tongue.gif

I got to meet Philip and Kit Fisto and Jango Fett

Last year the party was really good. It's held outside on a 2nd floor patio, with the food indoors. I hope to meet some of the fellow scummers this year; last year I sat next to Peter Mayhew in complete awe.

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know we are back from Comic-Con. I wanted to thank all of the Scummers that came by the booth, volunteered or came to the party. It was great to see all of the old faces and to meet new friends. I had a great time and I hope you all did as well. I hope to see you all again at C4.

Many thanks,

Amy

Reaction score
If I actually had more than me in my area that wanted to go more than a day
tongue.gif
That is whats keeping me from C4

Reaction score
Hey, why is this guy selling his goodie bag from the MR party? Where's the love? Thanks for the goodies, now I am going to sell it. Also, I guess he decided to keep the comic book that came in the bag, and how did he get 3 sw plates, where's the sunglasses, it's just sad.
frown.gif

ebay MR goodie bag

is it all really only worth that much, sorry it's not a BIN

Reaction score
that is sad that he's gettin rid of the stuff that was a thank you from MR.
No sunglasses, no comic book, no POTC blister pack...maybe that is why he got 3 plates? haha

I still have everything in my MR bag, except for my Davy Jones Key that I mounted in a shadowbox. I have to figure still what I want to do with the rest.

Reaction score
qwa_raig said:
Hey, why is this guy selling his goodie bag from the MR party? Where's the love? Thanks for the goodies, now I am going to sell it. Also, I guess he decided to keep the comic book that came in the bag, and how did he get 3 sw plates, where's the sunglasses, it's just sad.
frown.gif

ebay MR goodie bag

is it all really only worth that much, sorry it's not a BIN

btw, Qwa_Raig I was so busy teaching kids and adults how to handle a saber that I never heard any of Dave Prowse's stories. You want to clue us in on one or two?

Reaction score
He talked about wanting a MF a lot, he was really impressed with that prop.
We talked about his sig edition saber from ANH and that he said he would gladly do another for ROTJ to get a free Falcon, we laughed about that.

He also said he hadn't talked to George L since 1983 except when he's been approached by lawyers over claiming to be the real Darth Vader ( ya know the Dave Prowse is Darth Vader) sig instead of "as" Darth Vader. - that may be classified info, I am not sure
ooo.gif

He also really liked the roast beef
grin.gif

The funniest part was that right after I took that pic of me getting choked by the guy dressed up as Vader, I turned around and he was sitting in the chair next to mine.

I said , oh, hello and smiled
He said, So I see you've met my alter ego and we just went from there.

He was very personable, He said he would definitely try to be back for C4

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Since we are talking about goodie bags, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of our fellow licensees for contributing to the bags. Philip, Ben.......thank you and Official Pix very much! I hope everyone who received one of these bags will go and visit all of the other licensees websites to see all of the cool stuff they have to sell.

Reaction score
qwa_raig said:
He talked about wanting a MF a lot, he was really impressed with that prop.
We talked about his sig edition saber from ANH and that he said he would gladly do another for ROTJ to get a free Falcon, we laughed about that.

He also said he hadn't talked to George L since 1983 except when he's been approached by lawyers over claiming to be the real Darth Vader ( ya know the Dave Prowse is Darth Vader) sig instead of "as" Darth Vader. - that may be classified info, I am not sure
ooo.gif

He also really liked the roast beef
grin.gif

The funniest part was that right after I took that pic of me getting choked by the guy dressed up as Vader, I turned around and he was sitting in the chair next to mine.

I said , oh, hello and smiled
He said, So I see you've met my alter ego and we just went from there.

He was very personable, He said he would definitely try to be back for C4

He also told stories about how he and the original cast have kept up and/or not kept up... he has his opinions on Tony Daniels (they're not favorable) and told me a story about a movie that Mark Hammil asked him to be in... and his one line in it... Lemme tell you... hearing Darth Vadar drop the F-Bomb had to be one of the highlites of my night... He sat and talked for at least 2 hours... so there's a lot more we may remember as things trip our memories...

Reaction score
MRCUSTOMERCARE said:
Hello Everyone!

Since we are talking about goodie bags, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of our fellow licensees for contributing to the bags. Philip, Ben.......thank you and Official Pix very much! I hope everyone who received one of these bags will go and visit all of the other licensees websites to see all of the cool stuff they have to sell.

The goodie bag was great! I had fun helping to fill them before the party.
I'm still figuring out how I wan't to display all the goodies in the bag as a reminder of the wonderful time I had with Amy and the MR crew!