Movie Heroes / Discover the Force - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
So for Movie Heroes 2013 they repack a bunch of repacks from Movie Heroes 2012 that are still sitting on the pegs a year later?

Hasbro... This is one of the stupidest things you've EVER done...

Reaction score
Honestly I think they use that "Kids don't care about articulation" as an excuse that we can't prove or disprove, just so they can justify cutting costs.
Aside from the fact it's costly, and they want to save money.

I realize it is probably cheaper to assemble a figure with less articulation, but the cost of plastic is the same regardless which figure you make.
So instead of that Obi-Wan, why not some other figure altogether? After all he's already available in TWO other lines twice!
TVC= TPM, AOTC, TCWR. Heck the only one their missing is ANH version, which ironically is probably the only one any of us wouldn't mind seeing on TVC card!
TCW has two version out at the same time!
And that's not even counting any of the BP/beast,vehicle pack-ins.

I know Hasbro wants the core heroes available at all time for the kids, but it's not exactly like a kid isn't going to find him!
So STOP doubling or even tripling up on these guys, and try releasing a different character for once!
How about some much needed repacks that we've actually been asking for for years!

Great sculpts already exist and will be bougvht if released, but if Hasbro continues to ship unwanted figures for the sake of their bottom line.
In the end it will only hurt their bottom line.

GNT

Reaction score
So for Movie Heroes 2013 they repack a bunch of repacks from Movie Heroes 2012 that are still sitting on the pegs a year later?

Hasbro... This is one of the stupidest things you've EVER done...
And they wonder why Sta Wars figures are bombing at retail, it's an overload of the same figures each year! I know they need to keep the main characters on the shelves but pick different versions at least.

Reaction score
Can you imagine if they cycled around the same literal Batman figure for multiple years in a row? And not only that but, I hate to say this, no one in Star Wars is like Batman. Maybe Vader. But what we're seeing is not a flood of Vaders. It's a flood of Obi-Wans, Qui-Gons, and Anakins, and the problem really is that they are boring on their own. Star Wars is an ensemble. Hasbro seems to have trouble lately grasping the concept, and the embedded advantages!, of Star Wars being a larger play pattern. You need the main characters, yes, and you need a whoooole load of peripheral characters for them to interact with, or you aren't having very much fun. This means if you make a ****load of characters they will sell!!! That is the main reason Star Wars figures became as massive an enterprise as they are, and the reason they've been selling constantly since the mid-'90s.

For more proof that Hasbro doesn't get it, look at what they've done with Clone Wars. They've been dropping the ball on all the interesting new characters of the last two seasons.

Reaction score
Honestly I think they use that "Kids don't care about articulation" as an excuse that we can't prove or disprove, just so they can justify cutting costs.
Maybe they meant parents don't care about articulation and since parents are buying, the kids just have to deal with. Seems like Hasbro just doesn't want to go above a certain price point.

Reaction score
Maybe they meant parents don't care about articulation and since parents are buying, the kids just have to deal with. Seems like Hasbro just doesn't want to go above a certain price point.
Honestly I don't think the average parent even notices how much articulation is on a figure, they just buy the one little Timmy is asking for.
And since Hasbro doesn't charge less for a less articulated figure, it's not exactly like they have data to prove which one sells better!

Reaction score
That's a good point about how they really aren't charging any less for less articulation.

The doubling and tripling is really a big problem, but if they didn't put out so many in the film line, would any of us care in they put so many in the MH line? I think the problem is that if the MH line is a buck cheaper than TVC, what parent is going to buy the more expensive figure and which collectors really need that Obi or Qui Gon at this point?

I think Hasbro really overestimates how many adult collectors or part-time collectors really need certain figures.

Reaction score
Firstly I have no Targets, secondly if I was in a Target I wouldn't even be looking for MH line.

Reaction score
This line blows!
Except for Jar Jar (better than the vintage collection counterpart), the Amidala, The young Anakin, the light up figures.... This line takes too much flak, I think, because the first wave was terrible and horridly overproduced.

Reaction score
I think it was reported at ToyFair that the U.S. won't be getting any Yoda themed figures. That includes movie heroes and clone wars. That is kindof a bummer as I was looking forward to the light up Sandie and Anakin :(

Reaction score
spotted those hidious 12" figures at Target yesterday.... OMG they are horrible. what was Hasbro thinking that these are great toys ?????? easy pass. also spotted the Class II vehicles and again easy pass for me.

Reaction score
I saw those at my local Target as well. I agree they are pretty lame but most of the superhero lines have been releasing limited articulated large scale figures for years that seem to sell pretty well. The only thing is, those usually have a "try me" feature that these SW ones don't have so I'm interested to see how well these actually sell in comparison.

And the new smaller vehicles look cool but I won't be getting any of them. Unless they do some really nice OT vehicles like Xwings and TIEs. Or if they did a Bongo sub or Solar Sailer, I would buy simple versions of those.

Reaction score
Those figures seem to be selling at my store.

Kids do buy toys, remember, and for any kid who likes Star Wars, there hasn't been anything new in almost a year.

Reaction score
So is the Movie Heroes line getting ready to be done?

Or is that Saga Legends line going to be a continuation?

MH line seems like it was a huge waste of time

Reaction score
Movie heroes is basically over and will be replaced by Legends - though not until the fall. Basically, we won't be seeing much of anything Star Wars at all before August.

Reaction score
Movie heroes is basically over and will be replaced by Legends - though not until the fall. Basically, we won't be seeing much of anything Star Wars at all before August.
Wow, nothing till August, that sucks! And I have been reading also that we want get any of the green yoda carded figures here in the US, that's messed up!

Reaction score
I'm hoping to find someone (preferably in Canada) selling the Anakin and Sandtrooper. I have three of the light-up figures, I'd prefer to have all five.

Reaction score
I just spotted my first light-up figures at retail, and having bought one for myself and one for my nephew, I hope the others make it out. I've yet to see Vader - and I think my nephew would like the Anakin. If they dont have a regular release in the US, hopefully they'll find their way to discount retailers...

Reaction score
Just think how well this line would have done if they had skipped (or even shipped only a little of) that dud first wave and gone straight to these waves with the light up figures and new sculpts. (Same thing with the first wave of vehicles and gone straight to the N-1 wave...) The frustrating thing is we all saw that as soon as they unveiled the waves. Why didn't anyone at Hasbro see it? (Yes, I realize the bottom line is that the first wave was pure profit because of being all rereleases - it's just frustrating.)

Reaction score
Just think how well this line would have done if they had skipped (or even shipped only a little of) that dud first wave and gone straight to these waves with the light up figures and new sculpts. (Same thing with the first wave of vehicles and gone straight to the N-1 wave...) The frustrating thing is we all saw that as soon as they unveiled the waves. Why didn't anyone at Hasbro see it? (Yes, I realize the bottom line is that the first wave was pure profit because of being all rereleases - it's just frustrating.)
I remember someone saying that Hasbro would have liked to have done just that but Lucasfilm wanted a massive shelf presence and they weren't going to get the new figures out in time.

Reaction score
EE posted 2 "new" case assortments for pre-order, looks like 2012 leftovers re-arranged in "new" cases :p

This case includes 12 individually packaged Star Wars Movie Heroes Action Figures (subject to change):
2x Darth Maul
3x Clone Shock Trooper
2x R2-D2
2x Battle Droid
1x Darth Vader
1x General Grievous
1x Clone Trooper
(subject to change)

This case includes 12 individually packaged Star Wars Movie Heroes Action Figures (subject to change):
3x Clone Shock Trooper
3x Darth Vader
3x General Grievous
3x Clone Trooper
(subject to change)

Reaction score
as i said in the cw thread..

"^ saw those last night, metioned them in a different thread but didnt have the heart to post the actual ratios. And yet hasbro cancels "new" fig waves here in usa and remixes pegwarmers and gives us these. If there was a time for firing hasbro employees, or dissolving hasbro's contract, this is it. If i were a share/stock holder at disney/lfl and/or hasbro....."

just melt them down and pour into molds of MIA figs

Last edited:
Reaction score
Been out of the loop for a while. Which of the Euro exclusive wave figures are new? Sandtrooper, Anakin and what else? Whats this about Boba Fett? Is he in this case too?

Reaction score
I am excited to win a MH22 Battle Droid on Ebay for only 9.99 euros... thankfully Boba Fett, the figure itself, is a repack... it was a nightmare getting those affordably.

Reaction score
Been out of the loop for a while. Which of the Euro exclusive wave figures are new? Sandtrooper, Anakin and what else? Whats this about Boba Fett? Is he in this case too?
BOBA FETT MH24 is a repack figure with a new backpack accessory
BATTLE DROID MH22 is a new sculpt figure in white color (unavailable elsewhere)
SANDTROOPER is new sculpt, but also available in somewhat easier to find Green Yoda Euro wave packaging
ANAKIN SKYWALKER is new sculpt, but also available in somewhat easier to find Green Yoda Euro wave packaging
All others in wave are straight re-release

Reaction score
BOBA FETT MH24 is a repack figure with a new backpack accessory
SANDTROOPER is new sculpt, but also available in somewhat easier to find Green Yoda Euro wave packaging
ANAKIN SKYWALKER is new sculpt, but also available in somewhat easier to find Green Yoda Euro wave packaging
Thanks palps45895!!

Reaction score
The Big Three -- Wal-Mart, TRU, and Target -- are drowning in old Movie Heroes/Discover the Force product. At least, they are in my area. I don't see how or why stores would order any more Star Wars figures when the new line comes out, when all this old stuff ain't moving.

Reaction score
Update:

BOBA FETT MH24 is a repack figure with a new backpack accessory and slight paint app differences
SANDTROOPER is new sculpt, but also available in somewhat easier to find Green Yoda Euro wave packaging (UPDATE: However, the Sandtrooper paint scheme is different on this red card release. The green card version has different paint apps.)

Reaction score
Update:

BOBA FETT MH24 is a repack figure with a new backpack accessory and slight paint app differences
SANDTROOPER is new sculpt, but also available in somewhat easier to find Green Yoda Euro wave packaging (UPDATE: However, the Sandtrooper paint scheme is different on this red card release. The green card version has different paint apps.)
also the yoda carded battle droid is a dark maroon repaint of the tan maul card mh22

btw, any pics of the 2 sandtrooper variants to show off the different paint apps?

Last edited:
Reaction score
also the yoda carded battle droid is a dark maroon repaint of the tan maul card mh22

btw, any pics of the 2 sandtrooper variants to show off the different paint apps?
I thought the Jango was tweaked as well. No?

Reaction score
I thought the Jango was tweaked as well. No?
Minor repaint of the Evolutions sculpt but with the jetpack from the 2002 Kamino Fett. Same as the Obi-Wan, minor repaint/repack of 2003 figure with different accessory (Grappling gun from last year).

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Big Three -- Wal-Mart, TRU, and Target -- are drowning in old Movie Heroes/Discover the Force product. At least, they are in my area. I don't see how or why stores would order any more Star Wars figures when the new line comes out, when all this old stuff ain't moving.
Still trying to find Boba Fett at the retail level.........