Movie Heroes / Discover the Force - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
am I the only one that thinks the trend of having to make these blasters/toys the colors of cotton candy so they don't look too "real" is ridiculous?
Well to be honest they could make them look like their onscreen counterpart w/o looking real, I mean what person would mistake a fantasy Blaster for a Glock anyways!

Reaction score
am I the only one that thinks the trend of having to make these blasters/toys the colors of cotton candy so they don't look too "real" is ridiculous?
You're definitely not the only one. I wonder if the sales of these types of toys have decreased any because of the silly colors.
I still have a rebel fleet trooper style blaster from when I was a kid in the mid 90's that was supposed to fire nerf darts (it never actually worked), and it was actually colored in gray and silver with only orange on the tip. That's how they should be.

Reaction score
Well to be honest they could make them look like their onscreen counterpart w/o looking real, I mean what person would mistake a fantasy Blaster for a Glock anyways!
You'd be amazed. At my work we made weapons for the live action promotional Halo 3 short films. Once we were done, these weapons were sent to Bungie and it turns out one of their crew was seen by a member of the public carrying the sniper rifle between buildings. The gun is a five foot long sci-fi weapon, but the member of the public called the police saying they had seen someone waving an AK-47.

Reaction score
You'd be amazed. At my work we made weapons for the live action promotional Halo 3 short films. Once we were done, these weapons were sent to Bungie and it turns out one of their crew was seen by a member of the public carrying the sniper rifle between buildings. The gun is a five foot long sci-fi weapon, but the member of the public called the police saying they had seen someone waving an AK-47.
Sounds like a great job!

And that's ridiculous.

Reaction score
I understand that this is a kid-friendly line, but is it necessarily to use such inferior sculpts? I'm really disappointed with the Maul with the twirling arm. I guess you have to have THAT sculpt to get THAT feature. That kama is ridiculous though! Yoda too! How long has that particular sculpt plagued the pegs with his presence? Wave 2 seems to be a little better with the new Queen Amadala figure and Anakins, but they really aren't that new. A little more articulation would have been nice, even if it was only the addition of the knees!

Reaction score
and charging so much for those inferior sculpts is a real middle finger to everyone. they must think kids and some collectors are stupid.

Reaction score
I'm sure their mentality is that it will sell either way! I don't like that they can even THINK they can get away away this! Who am I kidding? They probably will...

Reaction score
You're definitely not the only one. I wonder if the sales of these types of toys have decreased any because of the silly colors.
I still have a rebel fleet trooper style blaster from when I was a kid in the mid 90's that was supposed to fire nerf darts (it never actually worked), and it was actually colored in gray and silver with only orange on the tip. That's how they should be.
I just got the Boba rifle and painted it completely flat black! Those colors had to go!

Reaction score
Do you have a pic? What kind of paint did you use? I've thought about doing this myself.

When I was in Korea I picked up several airsoft guns that weren't see through or didn't have orange tips, etc. They could be mistaken for real guns at a distance, especially something like a Glock, but yeah...a cop would have to be pretty dumb to mistake Boba Fett's blaster for a real weapon. One of the shops I bought my airsfot guns at in Korea actually had custom painted ones on display, and those tlooked totally real! Would love to try something like that on a Star Wars blaster.

Last edited:
Reaction score
and charging so much for those inferior sculpts is a real middle finger to everyone. they must think kids and some collectors are stupid.
At least wave two isn't made up of inferior scupts. You could argue for inferior articulation, but the sculpts look good.

Reaction score
Do you have a pic? What kind of paint did you use? I've thought about doing this myself.

When I was in Korea I picked up several airsoft guns that weren't see through or didn't have orange tips, etc. They could be mistaken for real guns at a distance, especially something like a Glock, but yeah...a cop would have to be pretty dumb to mistake Boba Fett's blaster for a real weapon. One of the shops I bought my airsfot guns at in Korea actually had custom painted ones on display, and those looked totally real! Would love to try something like that on a Star Wars blaster.
I can probably get some pics up later on. But seriously, it's not THAT impressive! I just used my trusty Testor's Model Master Acryl flat black and went to town with a fat paint brush.

And yeah, I've done the same thing with all my airsoft guns! Safety be damned!

EDIT: Here ya go!

[/IMG]

Last edited:
Reaction score
Went to meijer tonight to get some training wheels for my daughter and somethong pretty interesting
There was an endcap full of mh and new cw with a big yellow sale tag. They're all marked down to $6.99
So if you're in Michigan or Ohio keep an eye open

Reaction score
I can probably get some pics up later on. But seriously, it's not THAT impressive! I just used my trusty Testor's Model Master Acryl flat black and went to town with a fat paint brush.

And yeah, I've done the same thing with all my airsoft guns! Safety be damned!

EDIT: Here ya go!

[/IMG]
Thanks man, looks pretty good! LOL, I almost bought that hoodie a couple of months ago!

Reaction score
Anyone even notice there's a new Darth Vader with ball jointed hips shown in the Hasbro presentation pics?

Reaction score
Anyone even notice there's a new Darth Vader with ball jointed hips shown in the Hasbro presentation pics?
...that's TVC Vader and he's not really new since we saw him at NYCC last year. The MH Vader has swivel hips. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think Hasbro should do another round of DTF at a different retailer this summer. Here's who I'd put in:

Panaka -new
naboo security - new
tarpals - gungan warrior repaint w/ a new head
oom-9 - vc battle droid repaint
Ody mandrell - repack with flag
ben quadinaros - repack with flag
ratts tyerell - repack with flag
mace windu - vc repaint with testing screen and e1 saber
black naboo pilot
rum sleg -repack
r5-x2 - g8-r3 repaint
Eeth koth - agen kolar repaint with longer skirt from cw version

Easy money. Too bad hasbro won't do it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
this movie and these toys suck, im sorry but they do. i love star wars, but my god... only good thing from this movie was Darth maul and he only said 2 lines and died way too easy.

Reaction score
When is wave 2 of Movie Heroes supposed to show up? I really thought they would have wanted Jar Jar and Anakin to be in-store when the TPM re-release hit...

Reaction score
Am I the only one baffled by the nonexistence of a Panaka figure?

Reaction score
Did anyone else see the packaging variations? I noticed on some the dice was on the left, and some on the right. Really minor, but thought I'd mention it.

Reaction score
Did anyone else see the packaging variations? I noticed on some the dice was on the left, and some on the right. Really minor, but thought I'd mention it.
Is this with movie heroes or discover the force? I havent noticed, myself...

Reaction score
I was just coming to check on this. I was talking with a buddy tonight and he noticed it on a couple of his figures, specifically Aurra Sing and the Naboo Pilot. I don't recall hearing about this before and just posted about it.

E...

Reaction score
I think the US cards have the dice on the right & the Euro cards have it on the left.

Edit: After a quick search on ebay US based sellers seem to have a mix of left & right versions for sale.

I wish they'd scrap the useless game stuff anyway and bring back the Droid parts. Has anybody ever actually bothered to play the game?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't played the game but I have decided to collect the cards for the TPM characters. Feel free to PM me if you have extra ones you don't want!

Reaction score
I've actually found a destroyer droid where the blue lens and red lens on the 3D glasses were in the wrong positions. On all cards, the red lens is supposed to be on top, blue on bottom.

Reaction score
....Seriously don't understand this whole clapping/ cheering cultural thing you guys got going on though.:p

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the Hasbro electronic Rebel blaster at all? It hasn't yet been released in Australia (that I know of) and I haven't seen any threads about it so I am not even sure this is the right place for this question.

BTW why can't I start a new thread in this forum?

Reaction score
Wow, do Qui-Gon and Obi even have any articulation at all? I can't really tell, but to me those figures look ancient. Three terrible figures does not a Battle Pack make. :(

Reaction score
Yes, it appears they are trying to do some kind of stupid vintage throwback type crap with the sculpt but it looks horribly asinine. They should have sculpted the figures literally in vintage style. It would have have more nostalgic value that way. This is easily the dumbest thing I have seen Hasbro do. Chuck them in the landfill along with the Star Wars Choppers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, it appears they are trying to do some kind of stupid vintage throwback type crap with the sculpt but it looks horribly asinine. They should have sculpted the figures literally in vintage style. It would have have more nostalgic value that way. This is easily the dumbest thing I have seen Hasbro do. Chuck them in the landfill along with the Star Wars Choppers.
and Amp'ed :whistling: