Movie Heroes / Discover the Force - General Discussion Thread

GNT

Reaction score
Please use this thread to discuss anything that doesn't fit into an already established thread.

Reaction score
So, wasn't there a rumor about a light-up Vader a while back? Whatever happened to that?

Reaction score
If it was true it's still coming since there are some more (6?) Movie Heroes coming next year that we don't know what they are yet.

Reaction score
Cool, but you'd think they'd save that for either ROTS or ANH. Oh, well, it'll probably be released every year until then, anyway...by which time every fan that wants one will already have one. We can only hope that they make more light-up figures each year instead of rereleasing the old ones.

AOTC=Dooku, Anakin
ROTS=Grievous, Mace Windu
ANH=Luke, Ben
ESB=Bespin Luke, Vader (rerelease)
ROTJ=Jedi Luke, Vader (again) OR Jedi Luke, Palpatine w/ light-up lightning

Reaction score
I'd like to see them release a TFU stormtrooper multipack w/ some new sculpts & paint deco, not sure if MH line would be best suited for it - but didnt think Vintage Collection would be either.

Reaction score
I can't find those carded pics of the Walmart wave someone posted. What do the packages look like? Are they just like MH but with a Wally sticker??

EDIT: I guess they have those 3D glasses on the cards. OK.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does anyone know once the Walmart exclusive Discover the Force wave is released, will Hasbro continue this line? Or is it history, after the initial release? I can't imagine them continuing it for consumer clarity purposes. But Hasbro constantly surprises me.

Reaction score
From what we know so far, discover the force is only 17 items. After the initial wave, it will be over.

Reaction score
I would assume if they sell well Walmart will want to do it again next year with AotC toys though.

Reaction score
Is this new? No pic.

Walmart.com: Star Wars Battle Packs Bespin Battle Pack: ARCHIVE SHELF/CAT

Throw yourself into the "intergalactic" action with the Bespin Battle Pack! This three-pack of intense Star Wars figures includes Luke Skywalker, Boba Fett and Darth Vader figures and sweet battle accessories! When you're done with your own adventures, use the included game cards and die to play the Galactic Battle Game. The Rebel Heroes Battle Pack has everything you need to have all kinds of "interplanetary" adventure!

Star Wars Battle Packs Bespin Battle Pack:
  • Get all the figures and accessories you need to re-enact awesome Star Wars adventures with this cool pack of 3 figures and accessories
  • Stand the figures on their bases in your collection
  • Pack includes 3 figures, 3 battle bases, 3 Galactic Battle Game cards, die and accessories

Last edited:
Reaction score
Interesting. Notice the URL has "Royal Starship Droids" in it. I don't need any version of those figures, but I'm assuming it will be the 2002 Bespin Luke, 300th Boba Fett, and some equally-old Vader, if not the 2002 version that's on a single card.

Reaction score
Another useless repack I'm sure.
If it was Han instead of Luke we could have hope that it included the dining table, or an updated Carbonite block.

GNT

Reaction score
Interesting, no doubt more reissues on the way out in the battle pack line, huge pass from me.

Reaction score
Over on Toyark they're showing a shot of a Hasbro catalogue, showing the droid carrier from TPM. You know, the big bull thingy that dispensed the multiple droids to whup some Gungan ***? I can't seem to find a thread for it...

Reaction score
Over on Toyark they're showing a shot of a Hasbro catalogue, showing the droid carrier from TPM. You know, the big bull thingy that dispensed the multiple droids to whup some Gungan ***? I can't seem to find a thread for it...
It's the MTT. The thread is in the vintage collection section, though it should be moved Here...

Reaction score
I have to say this is one of the most failtastic street-dated releases for new toys I've seen in my nearly three decades of collecting toys. I'll be checking out TRU tomorrow, but Target and Walmart neither had enough product to fill their normal aisle locations, never mind special displays (although Target did put up the new focal and got it maybe 2/3 full).

I suspect eventually stores will be flooded with the first wave or two of TPM stuff as usual with new lines, but I feel like street dating the stuff was pointless given the lack of presence it has now that it's been made available.

Reaction score
I have to say this is one of the most failtastic street-dated releases for new toys I've seen in my nearly three decades of collecting toys. I'll be checking out TRU tomorrow, but Target and Walmart neither had enough product to fill their normal aisle locations, never mind special displays (although Target did put up the new focal and got it maybe 2/3 full).

I suspect eventually stores will be flooded with the first wave or two of TPM stuff as usual with new lines, but I feel like street dating the stuff was pointless given the lack of presence it has now that it's been made available.
At least you saw something. Five stores today. Not a single item stocked. Frustrating.

Reaction score
checked the Walmart by me and they had nothing except for the some new CW figures and the Movie Heroes line. no exclusive wave or Vintage. going to be hitting up TRU on saturday for a look so hopefully I'll at least find some of the new Vintage figures if nothing else.

really hoping to find the Walmart MH wave soon.

Reaction score
Toys R Us had nothing at all. No display (which may be because they've dedicated the front of their store to Babies R Us for a while), no new items.

Reaction score
I've seen it at a few places. Didn't even know this was coming out...it looks sooo much better with the new paint job. Also was unaware of the Qui-gon Ultimate FX saber, which I also saw today.

Reaction score
I saw it in a TRU in Albequerque on vacation on Friday, and also at my local Walmart yesterday.
I just hope they remember to take that left turn at Alberquerque when they finally decide to release here in Australia.

Reaction score
this new line stinks. I'm sure this has been pointed out already. They all look like pre2005 figures.

Reaction score
Anyone know when the Naboo fighter is coming out?This is the one with the open droid socket in the back.I have not heard anything about it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Unfortunately, If said crappy sculpt contains less articulation, hence less parts/labor, yes.

Reaction score
Sadly enough, the mh figures are selling through really well right now in my area, but I suspect it is because the tpm tvc wave is nowhere to be found...

Reaction score
Anyone know when the Naboo fighter is coming out?This is the one with the open droid socket in the back.I have not heard anything about it.
The NYCC slide says it's due out sometime this month. Hopefully in the next couple weeks!

Reaction score
Toys R Us had the display up today with an absolutely insane amount of MH Wave 1 on it.

Reaction score
I saw the rebel blaster last weekend at TRU. I don't collect the roleplay stuff, but I did takenote that it's a new (I think) item.

Reaction score
am I the only one that thinks the trend of having to make these blasters/toys the colors of cotton candy so they don't look too "real" is ridiculous?