MOTU Origins (2020)

Reaction score
I found Wave 1 at my local Walmart, so I picked up the complete wave. Plus bought a couple of figures for each of my kids.

bac

Reaction score
I found Wave 1 at my local Walmart, so I picked up the complete wave. Plus bought a couple of figures for each of my kids.
Nice! Scare Glow, Man-E-Faces and Orko are the Wave 2 figures. My kids are a little old to care about these.

Reaction score
Got He-Man and Skeletor in the mail. Cards were beat up bad.

Reaction score
I picked up Skeletor a few weeks ago. Love him in the packaging so I haven't opened yet (albeit I almost certainly will). This line seems to sell through EXTREMELY well here. Two wal-marts and I know they both have had multiple restocks and the pegs are almost always empty or pulled down to just a few figures.

Reaction score
Made the mistake of opening Skeletor last night. Now I'm all "...well... I HAVE to get He-Man too. Maybe Evil-Lyn. Orko. Beastman. If the do a Moss-Man, that's a no brainer...

Reaction score
Made the mistake of opening Skeletor last night. Now I'm all "...well... I HAVE to get He-Man too. Maybe Evil-Lyn. Orko. Beastman. If the do a Moss-Man, that's a no brainer...
& that is why I never finished my battle cat custom.

Skelitor my version is in the background B963BF4A-D8D2-4392-93ED-DEF2AEE96579.jpeg

Reaction score
I have only 9 of the figures in the line so far (and a few waiting to be shipped), but I have a feeling these 2 will be the best of the lot for me.

dtp-motuo-01.jpgdtp-motuo-02.jpg

Reaction score
I'm so sick of exclusives at this point.

In other MOTU related news, I saw Grayskull at an out of the way wm a few weeks ago, but the box was really bashed up so I passed, because while I'm an opener, I still want the box to display the art. Stewed on it for a week and went back, obviously it was gone. Lesson learned.

Reaction score
I'm so sick of exclusives at this point.

In other MOTU related news, I saw Grayskull at an out of the way wm a few weeks ago, but the box was really bashed up so I passed, because while I'm an opener, I still want the box to display the art. Stewed on it for a week and went back, obviously it was gone. Lesson learned.
Yeah, I can completely sympathise, mate. It seems like the toy lines we love are now close to 50% exclusives, of one form or another, and the distribution is always appalling.

Reaction score
Yeah, I can completely sympathize, mate. It seems like the toy lines we love are now close to 50% exclusives, of one form or another, and the distribution is always appalling.
And it doesn't help that either scalpers or 3rd party sellers seam to get them first and then go for 3-4 times retail on their very own site! If toys are now made in such smaller production runs than they ever were just a few years ago, I can see how it A: increases the prices and B: makes them seem even more scarce and C: drive up the price even more due to demand.

I can't say it's ever a good idea to "invest" in action figures but it feels like so many people do now days just based on secondary prices for Star Wars and Transformers from just last year or the year before, I remember when only Vintage and G1 commanded higher prices.

Reaction score
And it doesn't help that either scalpers or 3rd party sellers seam to get them first and then go for 3-4 times retail on their very own site! If toys are now made in such smaller production runs than they ever were just a few years ago, I can see how it A: increases the prices and B: makes them seem even more scarce and C: drive up the price even more due to demand.

I can't say it's ever a good idea to "invest" in action figures but it feels like so many people do now days just based on secondary prices for Star Wars and Transformers from just last year or the year before, I remember when only Vintage and G1 commanded higher prices.
Yeah, it's getting obscene, mate. Very much looking forward to the "toy-scalping bubble" bursting. It can't go on like this. I really miss the days when you could go out in 1984 and still get an Old Ben Kenobi or Tusken Raider or Jawa, or any of The First 12 figures from six years previously, because they kept getting "refreshed." Nowadays, unless it's a Darth Vader, Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, Starscream, He-Man, or Skeletor, you've got maybe ONE shot at getting even a Tier-1 character, and that's pretty much it.

But I'm patient and relentless. I waited 17 years to get any form of Amanaman at all (POTJ), and 37 to get a POTF-style Amanaman. I waited 15 years to get a Tatooine Skiff, about 20 years for an Imperial Shuttle, and 30 years to get a MOTU Lizard Man. I have the patience of a reptile, and sooner or later, I'll get what I want. 😉

Reaction score
Eternian Royal Guard is an EE Exclusive, pre-order is live:

👍 It's on BBTS as well.

Reaction score
Saw a couple of Castle Greyskull sets at my local Walmart the other day. They were just in some random location in one of the toy aisles away from the rest of the MOTU toys. My guess is since it's a large box it may not be in the expected location. Probably, a good idea to scourer the entire toy dept. if you are looking for it.

Reaction score
Not an Origins figure, but I did pick up the new Masterverse Skelgod figure at Target.