motor city comic-con

Reaction score
just wondering who all plans on attending this weekend. for those of you that are going, what are you looking forward to and what days do you plan to attend?

personally, i plan on taking saturday off from work to go. i'm hoping to snag a j'quille at a cheap price since i still haven't seen him. on top of that, i just really like to look all around at everything. i not really into autographs but i like seeing whose there, especially when i can recognize them without having to be told whom they are.

so how about the rest of you?

Reaction score
I'll be there on Saturday at least, I'll be looking for the few figures I need at decent prices (Sio Bibble, Paploo & a Dark Trooper). I don't get into the autographs much so I like to just look around and see if I can find any great deals.

Reaction score
I am still aiming for Friday, but it is still up in the air. I am always happy to get autographs; however, the ones I want aren't Star Wars related. Of course, I will also be checking out the toys.

Reaction score
How much do they usually charge for autographs. It might be cool getting Shak Ti, little fett, and Amanaman.

Reaction score
Turp-
Most autographs run anywhere from $20-30, unless it is a no-namer.

I'm hoping to get out there Friday afternoon. I really want to pick up the last Medicom Planet of the Apes figure I need, green Cornelius! I'm also trying to fill in some holes of back issues from my comic collection. See you guys there.

Reaction score
My son and I are gonig on Saturday.

The autographs usually go for $10, but they hit you up for a $10 picture as well (if you don't have anything to have signed). I had my 300th Fett autographed a couple of years ago.

btw, after having a table there last year (not the place for young readers book covers...fun, but a long weekend), on Saturday night, the Courtyard hotel across 96 behind the Circuit City is the place to be to meet all of the celbs and artists. That's where they stay and party. Aaah, the stories to tell. Pretty wild.

Reaction score
I'll be going this weekend, still not sure if i'll be there friday afternoon or saturday afternoon. I'm looking to pick up a j'quille and tanus. Maybe an ewok glider if it's not too overpriced either. I think i may also pick the last Star Tours figures i'm missing, the ones on the blue cards. I also plan on getting little Fett's autograph for my great photo collection.

I used to think that Novi was a great convention, but that all changed when i went to Wizard's Chicago show a few years ago. Now i don't even look forward to Novi, it seems like an oversized Gibraltar. If you've never been to the Chicago show, i highly recommend it. Anyone else who has been to that can probably agree.

Reaction score
so for those of you who went, what did you think?

personally i thought it would have been a little bigger. i was disappointed to not find at least one j'quille. i was also surprised when i saw how gorgeous orli shoshan is.
i love seeing all the exhibits, but for the 18 dollars my wife and i both had to pay i would really liked to have gotten a little more.

Reaction score
I went on Friday around 1:30 and saw plenty of J'Quilles. Most were going for around $15 each which i passed on. Tanus was also about $15 - $18 each. Ewok gliders were $18 as well. I passed on all that stuff. I did find the last 3 Star Tours figures i needed for only $5 each. I picked up a few other things i was looking for, so i think i had a pretty good trip there.