Most Wanted Marvel Legends

keknivek

Grand Moff
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread and I wanted to discuss.

Disclaimer: I do not own Marvel Legends, but I love them. I was looking at sites with customs and saw some lists with Legends that have not been done and wanted to see if anyone was interested in sharing lists of figures they'd like to see.

I am building a list of characters that haven't received a Marvel Legend figure.

Perhaps the most surprising was Squirrel Girl due to her supposed popularity and exposure ... but that's happening now. What I'd like to see is a Surtur BAF, but that might be asking too much.

Antman

High Admiral
Reaction score
I got hooked on the 2099 universe characters back in the day.

Give me:

Ravage
Bloodhawk
Hulk
Doom
Ghost Rider
Punisher
Captain America (Roberta Mendez)
Deadpool
Doctor Octopus
Halloween Jack
Venom
Lyla (Miguel's AI)
Skullfire
Doctor Strange
Vulture

I didn't realized there were this many interesting 2099 characters.

keknivek

Grand Moff
Reaction score
The list that I made quite a few years ago had 65 build a figures. I won't list them all here, but I have seen a number of them made already since then. The ones on that list that have been made are Strong Guy (although an alternate look for him would be cool), Nimrod (on the way), Warlock, M'Baku (although I had him in his Man-Ape look), Sugar Man (coming), and Molten Man (had a different look chosen but he's out there)

My top 5 WANTS for BAF now are (in no real order)
Living Tribunal
Mangog
Uatu the Watcher
Shuma Gorath
Armor (X-Men - obviously with her armor as the BAF)

I actually had Stan Lee as a Build a Figure. I did a few smaller characters.

keknivek

Grand Moff
Reaction score
Armor Build-a-Figure
Hisako herself would come with the main body of the Armor
Glob Herman (not sure why I like this character, but i like weird) and Rockslide would be good to get into the line as well. Chamber? Magma? Gentle? I like the New Mutants and related characters and they are really underrepresented. The new 3 head Wolfsbane, Moonstar, Karma figure was an interesting idea that I'd like to see continue.

OxnardMontalvo

High Admiral
Reaction score
I'd just love to get a single packed professor Hulk. I'm just being selfish as I can't afford to build him!

Django

Grand Moff
Reaction score
Once they are out, the retro '90s packaging Spidey figures and the Stan Lee figure.

Coloring

High Admiral
Reaction score
Armor Build-a-Figure
Hisako herself would come with the main body of the Armor
Glob Herman (not sure why I like this character, but i like weird) and Rockslide would be good to get into the line as well. Chamber? Magma? Gentle? I like the New Mutants and related characters and they are really underrepresented. The new 3 head Wolfsbane, Moonstar, Karma figure was an interesting idea that I'd like to see continue.
Chamber is probably my most-wanted figure right now. Behind him is Longshot and a more comic accurate Dr strange and Thor.

We marvel fans have been REALLY spoiled.

keknivek

Grand Moff
Reaction score
Star Wars fans were spoiled for quite awhile.

Marvel has a great selection of Legends and really hit some obscure characters too. I love that they've gone back and redone most of the oldest Legends as well like the new Mystique, Gambit, Mr. Sinister, etc. Toad still waiting.

Coloring

High Admiral
Reaction score
I feel like they're building to a big Toad reveal. Everytime anyone brings up the re-do's, he gets mentioned.

keknivek

Grand Moff
Reaction score
I guess manufacturing must be slow. I would have thought the stay-at-home time would have been perfect for discussions about Marvel Legends and Black Series and Vintage Collection but I don't see Hasbro making many announcements or even pushing any dialogue.

Coloring

High Admiral
Reaction score
They're doing a fan first Friday presentation on Legends today. If you check the link in the other Legends thread, the cat is apparently out of the bag on all the new reveals.

AgentClaret

Sith Lord
Reaction score
Legion Tv show figures. I know that's a long shot, I wouldn't even mention it but for the X-Men movie figures coming in the future. That makes me think there's a remote possibility.

I miss that show! It was the craziest thing on TV next to that last season of Twin Peaks!

Coloring

High Admiral
Reaction score
Legion Tv show figures. I know that's a long shot, I wouldn't even mention it but for the X-Men movie figures coming in the future. That makes me think there's a remote possibility.

I miss that show! It was the craziest thing on TV next to that last season of Twin Peaks!
I didn't get too far into Legion, but by the second episode, I was convinced anything they made from this show would be an instant buy.

With Raimi being officially named as the Doctor Strange 2 director, I've been wondering if Tobey Maguire's Spiderman is gonna have at least a cameo, which then of course leads me to wonder if his Spiderman will be getting an upgrade anytime soon.

Reaction score
The character selections and sheer amount of retro/classic looks they've been doing is just...incredible. Now that First Appearance Storm is coming...I think my #1. and #2. would be Thunderbird and a new Banshee just so we can finally say we've finished the Giant Sized X-Men team. With the new classic Electro coming I'd love to see a classic Shocker. Basically all he needs is just a repaint. Pretty easy to make. Carrion and Shriek for the Maximum Carnage villains would be nice. I'd really like a new classic comic Falcon, Giant Man, and Dr. Strange. Toad, Avalanche, and a new Pyro would be awesome for the Brotherhood. I wish they'd do First Appearance Wasp.

Last edited:

Coloring

High Admiral
Reaction score
Isn't it Thunderbird that's coming in the deadpool/Strong Guy wave?

Reaction score
Isn't it Thunderbird that's coming in the deadpool/Strong Guy wave?
I can see why you'd think that, but technically no. It's kind of confusing. He went by the second Thunderbird for a time and was the brother of the original Thunderbird but later changed his name to Warpath. They look pretty similar, but are different. For all intents and purposes, really Warpath basically IS effectively Thunderbird...or a retroactive way of reviving the character without reviving him and apologizing for killing off Thunderbird SO early in his creation. I think the dude lasted a total of two or three issues. Costumes basically the same sort of motif, but not actually the same. But I think they could use the Warpath body, modify it, few new parts, new deco...and make Thunderbird.

Last edited:

Avon

Midshipman
Reaction score
Legends got me back into action figure collecting around Christmas 2015 with a figure I always wanted from Toybiz (Machine Man), its been nothing short of utterly insane the last, well since 2015 haha! So many figures that I had down as "obscure wants" in the 00s (Polaris, Darkhawk, Multiple Man, Shatterstar, Hellcat, Nighthawk, Gladiator etc) and literally 100s besides, but especially for me getting Vance Astro, Blink and now Morph proved anything is possible (as a massive Valentino GOTG fan, and Exiles.., if you love What If's and have never read the latter, read the original series! One of the best), unless perhaps your a Human Fly guy. Or ROM...

I actually gave up customizing Legends as everyone just gets made now! But still, top of the list for me now, Count Nefaria, Thunderstrike and Jack of Hearts, and a new Kang, I could be here all day naming Avengers but those I always hope for every summer. X-Men isn't even worth mentioning now! (Considering how literally anyone and his missing brothers are getting figures, this as an X-Men fan first and foremost) But I do hope for a blue costume Shadowcat from the early Excalibur days, and a new Rachel (and fan channel 00's X-Factor ala grey beast!).
BAF size folks, super adaptoid, and any Goliath you'd care to mention top that list for me (Atlas is surely coming!). Plus a random assortment of FF, Iron Man, Peter David Hulk and Invaders characters.., we got rock python, I can dream! Another vote to any 2099 figure too, especially Doom, Hulk and Ravager, such cool characters and designs. If AoA could get a wave...

And as for unrealistic, any more Exiles or 60s Guardians and I may explode (having heard the Alpha Flight boxset was enough of a success to do more team boxsets... I can dream)

Last edited:

Coloring

High Admiral
Reaction score
I can see why you'd think that, but technically no. It's kind of confusing. He went by the second Thunderbird for a time and was the brother of the original Thunderbird but later changed his name to Warpath. They look pretty similar, but are different. For all intents and purposes, really Warpath basically IS effectively Thunderbird...or a retroactive way of reviving the character without reviving him and apologizing for killing off Thunderbird SO early in his creation. I think the dude lasted a total of two or three issues. Costumes basically the same sort of motif, but not actually the same. But I think they could use the Warpath body, modify it, few new parts, new deco...and make Thunderbird.
Thanks for clarifying! The only Warpath I'm familiar with is him from the 2006 X force series, which I assumed would be the one they would make since we already have Wolverine and x 23 from it.