Most valuable POTF2 figures

Reaction score
So I was planning on going through my old POTF2 toys and take an inventory of what exactly I still had and was wondering if perhaps in my days of hoarding I had attained a valuable figure. I am well aware of the Freeze Frame Weequay, and I know there are a couple of Boba varients, but does anyone know of roughly the top 5-10 toughest and most valuable POTF2 figures? It just kind of blew my mind when I saw on brianstoys website they had a Lando hologram red card for like $1800. I know they are overpriced, but that seemed excessive. What do you guys think?

Reaction score
Those are great lists.

My personal favs would be:

Ben Kenobi SS/LT
Darth Vader cape variant (the one used on the deluxe figure, packed on the single card - hard to spot)
FF Weequay
Any Boba variant
Grey beard Ponda
Baton/rifle Piett

Reaction score
For the life of me I can never spot the Ponda Baba variant when looking to purchase him. Same goes for the Vader cape as mentioned.

Reaction score
I'm a newcomer to the potf2 collecting seen and I have a question about grey bearded ponda. Is it only the grey bearded collection 3 holos that are rare? I'm trying to aquire one and just would like to know what version is the hardest to find? Thanks in advance for any help.

Reaction score
Yeah its only collection 3. There is only a few on Ebay, but they go for a lot of money.

Reaction score
Thanks for the information but also I should have been a little more specific. I can get a grey bearded collection 3 but its a non holo. I don't want to put up too much money if the non holo version is much easier to come by. Sorry for taking the thread a little off track but I don't wanna miss out on getting this figure but I also wanna make sure I don't overpay.

Reaction score
I think the SS/LT Ben and Grey Darth Vader are the "rarest" variations in the POTF2 line. Production wise, the FF Weequay is a clear winner. These were available in one case and short packed as well. The TRU in Northern Virginia had a few on the shelves when going through inventory in late 99, but they were badly damaged.. I think Ebay has changed the definition/perspective of rare for many collectors.

Reaction score
Some really good information from you guys, thanks a lot. I am now excited to go through and see if somehow I stumbled across any of these. Knowing my luck, I will not have, but oh well it will be interesting.

Reaction score
karlgemnel said:
Thanks for the information but also I should have been a little more specific. I can get a grey bearded collection 3 but its a non holo. I don't want to put up too much money if the non holo version is much easier to come by. Sorry for taking the thread a little off track but I don't wanna miss out on getting this figure but I also wanna make sure I don't overpay.
I understand that. For me I wouldn't pay over $100 for it. If you really want it you should look at more sites, and decide which deal is right for you.

Reaction score
I bought the Vader POTF cape variant years ago AFA graded for really cheap. I had to keep looking at it to make sure it was correct because I got such a good deal on it. To this day I still look at that figure and wonder why it did not sell for more on Ebay.

Reaction score
karlgemnel said:
I used to be well versed on this, but forgive me if my memory has slipped over the years.

Ponda Baba first appeared on a .00 COLLECTION 2 card. IT was later changed to the more appropriate .01 COLLECTION 3 card. The Grey beard variation was the first physical version of the figure and appeared on both the .00 and .01 cardbacks. In my humble opinion and based on what they used to list at in the AFN toy review magazine, the GREY BEARD Coll 3 was the rarest, then the GREY BEARD Coll 2, then the Black Collection 2, then finally the common Black beard Coll 3 (final version). Hope this helps.

The holo vs non-holo was never an issue price wise when i was following them, as it can easily be removed. (well maybe not 10 years later, but at the time they could)

Reaction score
I think the Red Card Lando With Sub and Hologram is the rarest. There have been a few Ben SS/LT to surface, but only one Lando known to have surfaced. Joseph Semling of Brianstoys has confirmed seeing 3 Ben SS/LT.
As far as throwing the Grey Vader in the mix it is an engineering sample. The Grey Vader is not a Variation it's a sample.

Top 3.

Lando Sub Hologram
Ben SS/LT
Boba Fett half circle/full circle

Reaction score
BobaBlarcFett said:
I think the Red Card Lando With Sub and Hologram is the rarest. There have been a few Ben SS/LT to surface, but only one Lando known to have surfaced. Joseph Semling of Brianstoys has confirmed seeing 3 Ben SS/LT.
As far as throwing the Grey Vader in the mix it is an engineering sample. The Grey Vader is not a Variation it's a sample.

Top 3.

Lando Sub Hologram
Ben SS/LT
Well rarity does not always = value, and the topic of the thread is "value" not "rarity".

Also "variation" is not mentioned, so it doesn't make sense to disqualify the Grey Vader because it's a sample not a "variation". Even with your list if we were to not consider anything that wasn't a "variation" you'd have to excuse your Half Circle/Full Circle Fett because it is an "error" not a "variation". Just a friendly FYI

Reaction score
POTF2Museum said:
BobaBlarcFett said:

Top 3.

Lando Sub Hologram
Ben SS/LT
Well rarity does not always = value, and the topic of the thread is "value" not "rarity".

Also "variation" is not mentioned, so it doesn't make sense to disqualify the Grey Vader because it's a sample not a "variation". Even with your list if we were to not consider anything that wasn't a "variation" you'd have to excuse your Half Circle/Full Circle Fett because it is an "error" not a "variation". Just a friendly FYI

York444 said : So I was planning on going through my old POTF2 toys and take an inventory of what exactly I still had and was wondering if perhaps in my days of hoarding I had attained a valuable figure. I am well aware of the Freeze Frame Weequay, and I know there are a couple of Boba varients, but does anyone know of roughly the top 5-10 toughest and most valuable POTF2 figures? It just kind of blew my mind when I saw on brianstoys website they had a Lando hologram red card for like $1800. I know they are overpriced, but that seemed excessive. What do you guys think?

Excuse me for putting Darth Vader Grey in their, I was responding to Jason west. I should have pointed that out. Sorry. My mistake.

In Yorks Post he asked about the toughest and most vaLuable pOtf2 figures. Just a friendly FYI
. To me, toughest means hardest to find, production wise. Manufactured and sent to stores, shipped in cases, not samples. Thanks again .

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this but for some reason I cant start a new thread and this is the closest existing one I have found.

I have just bought a POTF2 Jawa moc- it is the european version with non holo picture. According to this site it is a tougher one to find:

Rebelscum.com: Photo Archive

I bought the Jawas with the aim of opening them up for loose figures (they were really very cheap)
Should I hold onto this moc and keep an eye out for loose?
What would this be worth?

Thanks, Ed

Reaction score
Hi Ed,

The European (sometimes referred to as "tri-logo", though the term is not really applicable) version you picked up is really not that rare, to be honest. I think the RS photo archive description is both outdated as well as fairly inaccurate to boot. It's definitely less common than the US and Canadian versions but not in the "rarest" caliber by a long shot. There are, however, some very tough to find European pieces, namely the Italian logo cards.

Hope this helps and that I didn't dash your dreams too much! :friendly_wink:

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply IAT!!!

I will keep them carded for now and look for a couple of loose ones. I am relatively new to POTF2- I have only dipped in for my Jawa focus as I was given a first shot POTF2 Jawa for my secret santa gift. I wanted a production one to display next to it.
The hunt continues!! Anyone got the two Jawas loose that they want to sell?

Oh and why cant I post a new topic on the modern board? I can on the vintage.

Thanks again
Ed

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply IAT!!!

I will keep them carded for now and look for a couple of loose ones. I am relatively new to POTF2- I have only dipped in for my Jawa focus as I was given a first shot POTF2 Jawa for my secret santa gift. I wanted a production one to display next to it.
The hunt continues!! Anyone got the two Jawas loose that they want to sell?

Oh and why cant I post a new topic on the modern board? I can on the vintage.

Thanks again
Ed
Wow, that is a pretty sweet Secret Santa gift! You should post pics as some of us here are pre-production collectors and love that stuff :)

The POTF2 Jawa 2-pack is really not that rare (though often a great deal more popular than other POTF2 guys) so you should be able to find a pair for cheap if you are patient. Usually the shipping cost is more than the figures themselves...LOL.

Good luck and welcome to the oft-forgotten POTF2 section! :applouse:

Reaction score
Valuable potf 2 isn't that any oxymoron haha. I grew up with this line though. I want to get the Boba fett variant one day

Reaction score
Hi Guys Just going through my modern collection and I remebered I had one of these - FS/FT POTF2 Han Solo w/ Nien Nunb Sticker Error

Mine is in very similar conditon to this example. However this is the other mention of it I have found anywhere?

Can anyone give me an idea of its value?
Not a whole lot I'm afraid :( Errors in the FF series were comparatively common (when you look at earlier POTF2 releases). Numerous slide errors have been found - that is, the wrong slide for the figure - and sticker errors are not really rare. In fact, eBay and the internet made people start looking at these error stickers and yep, they found them.

There are some folks that collect error figures so if you find the right buyer, you could get a decent price.

Reaction score
Hi Guys Just going through my modern collection and I remebered I had one of these - FS/FT POTF2 Han Solo w/ Nien Nunb Sticker Error

Mine is in very similar conditon to this example. However this is the other mention of it I have found anywhere?

Can anyone give me an idea of its value?
My favorite figure/gaming store used to have one of these on the pegs for the longest time asking for $50. Never did sell.

Sticker errors/variants are so easy to fake because they can removed. Look at all the TVC collectors who pull the promo stickers off their figures these days.

Reaction score
One thing I recall from back in the day were:

1) the Tattooine figures that were originally released on red cards, before the green cards took over, though the red-cards were very hard to find.

2) the R2-D2 with Holographic Leia figure from 1999 was also hard-to-find (according to Toyfare at the time).

Reaction score
Anyone notice how these figures are becoming harder and harder to find online? Sites such as Toywiz, Brian's Toys, and Big Bad Toy Store have many out of stock and unavailable descriptions next the the POTF2 line and it seems as if eBay and small indy shops will be the only place to get these soon, which saddens me because many collectors start off with this line when starting new collections because the prices are so low compared to some of the figures in recent memory. The same thing is happening with Episode 1 figure son a number of the sites as well, which in turn has caused a bit of a price hike, which sucks because you used to be able to get most POTF2 and Episode 1 figures between $3.99-$7.99 and now many are $10+.

Reaction score
Anyone notice how these figures are becoming harder and harder to find online? Sites such as Toywiz, Brian's Toys, and Big Bad Toy Store have many out of stock and unavailable descriptions next the the POTF2 line and it seems as if eBay and small indy shops will be the only place to get these soon, which saddens me because many collectors start off with this line when starting new collections because the prices are so low compared to some of the figures in recent memory. The same thing is happening with Episode 1 figure son a number of the sites as well, which in turn has caused a bit of a price hike, which sucks because you used to be able to get most POTF2 and Episode 1 figures between $3.99-$7.99 and now many are $10+.
The TPM stuff I anticipated would see a slight bump just because of the 3-D release. Anyone who has anything related to TPM that they wanted to sell is doing it now, because there's collector interest and nostalgia. As for POTF2, even that has to dwindle out eventually. Both POTF2 and TPM were produced in large numbers (more than we see these days), but eventually stock has to get low. My advice would be to find a local collectibles/comic shop - you can usually make deals on old product that they have, especially if you plan to buy in bulk. Places like Brian's Toys and BBTS feel scalper-ish from time to time with their older stuff. Most of those POTF2 or TPM figures came from people selling to them and the sites probably didn't pay very much to get them.

Reaction score
It may not be as rare as some mentioned, but the RC Tatooine Luke SS/LT is pretty rare. I once saw it on eBay a few years ago for about $60 but passed on it.

Reaction score