Mos Espa Arena Battle Pack

Reaction score
Alas, I'm confident that this 3PO is a reissue of the Episode I version (or at most a minor update). While the knees might look articulated take a look at the red wires running vertically over both knees. No breaks in their lines = no knee articulation.

Reaction score
Alas, I'm confident that this 3PO is a reissue of the Episode I version (or at most a minor update). While the knees might look articulated take a look at the red wires running vertically over both knees. No breaks in their lines = no knee articulation.
I have to agree. I don't see any knee articulation there...

Reaction score
Its like I only want half of this battle pack. The TPM 3PO looks good, and I'm down for those Pit Droids, but I don't want anything to do with Sebulba, Anakin, or the banners.

Reaction score
I'd really like an updated TPM 3PO. This set isn't really doing it for me.

Reaction score
I like this set. I'd like to pick this up if I see one around. I'm glad I'm going to be able to pick up a lot of older figures because I need to rebuild my collection after I sold it off a few years ago. Bu, now it's even bigger than before!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Its like I only want half of this battle pack. The TPM 3PO looks good, and I'm down for those Pit Droids, but I don't want anything to do with Sebulba, Anakin, or the banners.
I will probably be buying this set only for the banners, sadly enough.

GNT

Reaction score
No point really buying it then, I think the Pit Droids were available from Tungie on ebay (not sure if he still has them) and this version of 3PO shouldn't be that far behind either if you just want the figures.

Reaction score
I think it's awesome that they're including the banners.

And I think Threepio is fine - why does a character who can't do anything on the movies need to do anything in action figure form? He can't move his elbows on the movies, so why does the figure need them?

Reaction score
I think it could be argued that it'd be nice if he could actually hold the flag he's packed with, as that at least is something he did in the film and in the very scene this set is intended to reference, but given this is a repack/repaint set, that was never going to happen.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think it could be argued that it'd be nice if he could actually hold the flag he's packed with, as that at least is something he did in the film and in the very scene this set is intended to reference, but given this is a repack/repaint set, that was never going to happen.
Okay, that's one point. I'll give you that, but all he'd require would be swivel elbows. On the other hand, if you go that far, you might as well go the whole distance. In fact, I think swivel elbows would look ugly on a droid. You know what, forget I said anything. ;)

Reaction score
Tunghori has more of the exclusive pit droids from this set up again, right now.

Reaction score
I want Anakins helmet and the flags, and the flags from the pilot pack as wel.
Maybe loose on ebay efter a while...

Reaction score
I want Anakins helmet and the flags, and the flags from the pilot pack as wel.
Maybe loose on ebay efter a while...
This is my stance as well. Want all the stuff, just don't want to deal with figs.

Reaction score
I never got a Sebulba, but I've never been interested in one, so ... EZPass.

Reaction score
No point really buying it then, I think the Pit Droids were available from Tungie on ebay (not sure if he still has them) and this version of 3PO shouldn't be that far behind either if you just want the figures.
No point in selling it by Hasbro. These figures should have been packed in with their pod racers. The almighty money grab by Hasbro. Part it out and make people spend more on what they should have gotten in the first place. I'm disgusted by what I'm seeing from this TPM 3D merchandise push - overpriced, low quality repacks that will fool the uninformed, casual parent looking to support their child's interest in Star Wars.

Reaction score
Walmart's. And it's been sitting on WM.com's website for a few days now, still in stock.

Apparently this is the less popular of the two exclusive battle packs.

Reaction score
I got my set from site-to-stoere last night. As a fairly new SW collector, I like all of these figures as they are all new to me. While the POA on 3PO sucks, the detail and paint work is great. Sebula is a kick-*** figure and I like Ani becuase he looks like my son currently looks. Bonus black figure stands!!

Reaction score
Picked up this set this morning on the shelves

Reaction score
Is anyone purchasing this that does not want the C-3P0? I could maybe take him off your hands...

Reaction score
I still haven 3po from 99 and like that one's paint better, so I'd be willing to part with it. As a whole, this pack rather stinks. The flags and new helmet are fine, but the pit droids are the same deco as the one that comes with ratts tyerell and these figs have a dirtier-looking paint jod than their decade-old counterparts.

Reaction score
Glad this set(s) are out for those that want this, but I would have strongly preffered to see a re-release/re-issue of the extremely HTF Podrace "Cinema Scene" from back in '99/2000 - this set had several great figures, including a robed Alien with a large head & a red?! Twi-lek. I remember searching all over for this back in the day and never seeing it once.

Reaction score
Glad this set(s) are out for those that want this, but I would have strongly preffered to see a re-release/re-issue of the extremely HTF Podrace "Cinema Scene" from back in '99/2000 - this set had several great figures, including a robed Alien with a large head & a red?! Twi-lek. I remember searching all over for this back in the day and never seeing it once.

This one

Reaction score
Picked up this set the other day. I'm glad to have these again.

Reaction score
No point in selling it by Hasbro. These figures should have been packed in with their pod racers. The almighty money grab by Hasbro. Part it out and make people spend more on what they should have gotten in the first place. I'm disgusted by what I'm seeing from this TPM 3D merchandise push - overpriced, low quality repacks that will fool the uninformed, casual parent looking to support their child's interest in Star Wars.
I know exactly where all of these figures came from, but I'm still planning on buying this set. I don't own any of the figures anymore and I do want those flags.

If it keeps the line healthy and successful, then Hasbro can "money grab" all they want as far as I'm concerned.

Reaction score
Here are a couple pictures of the figures from this set.

A group shot

Relaxing on the pit wall watching the race

GNT

Reaction score
The figures don't look that bad at all but I'd love to see newer versions of 3PO, Sebulba (who is rumored) and the Pit droids in the near future.

Reaction score
Surprisingly, I still have yet to see these in a store anywhere. Perhaps even more surprisingly, I'd actually buy one if I found it.

Reaction score
I wonder if these flags/banners will ever be offered again. I picked up a set just for the flags and I am having a hard time justifying keeping to myself just for a couple flags.

Reaction score
These finally showed up at my local Wally this morning, so I picked one up. Like many others, the flags were what really tipped me over the edge.

D. Martin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

What an excellent repaint Battle Pack. Totally dig this set!!!!

Just added to the Rebelscum Photo Archive. I'll likely add comparison shots of the 2000 Ani and Pack In Pit Droids soon. I'm currently all packed up as I move my inhouse studio to a new off site Cool Toy Review office/photo studio. :)

Rebelscum.com: Mos Espa Arena Battle Pack

Reaction score
So I got this battlepack thinking I'd like to have another set of pit droids and a ep 1 C-3P0. Turns out that all but the pit droids are repaints, which is fine (I just add them to my figure list), but it makes me wonder how many of the other TPM re-release figures are repaints even if they dont look like it. So far I have:

Espa Anakin
Espa C-3P0
Espa Sebulba
MH R2-D2
MH cream battle droid
MH w1 Darth Maul

The problem for me is that you can't tell something is a repaint unless you have the original to compare. Because even repainted, they are pretty close.

Reaction score
Went on a trip to Michigan this weekend, and found not one or two, but NINE of these battle packs just falling off the shelf at the local Walmart. They had one Royal Starship droids pack too, but there must've been more stashed there, either that or one heck of a scalper, because I used to live in that area, and there was only one or two other collectors that I knew of that were diligent about purchasing things, so I can't believe they'd sell through 8 of those without a single Mos Espa one selling. The range of distribution on these things is absolutely horrible.

Last edited: