Moroff & Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader

Reaction score
I'm very impressed with these two. I mostly bought it for the Scarif squad leader and I love the sculpt and color, but Moroff has surprised me as being a really nicely sculpted cool figure as well.

Reaction score
Saw this and grabbed it. Very nice 2-pack...they seem to be everywhere right now.

Reaction score
Agreed Moroff and Pao are two of my favorites. I said somewhere in another thread that I was hoping RO would have new aliens, because none were really seen in the first trailer, and aliens were always my favorite figures as a kid. These two totally scratch that itch for me, reminds me of playing with my ROTJ figures when I was little.

Reaction score
So far I'm liking the alien designs for RO a lot better than TFA overall. Of course we've only seen like, what, 3? So that could change.

Reaction score
So far I'm liking the alien designs for RO a lot better than TFA overall. Of course we've only seen like, what, 3? So that could change.
I agree. Bistan, Pao, and Moroff all actually have that Star Wars look to them. That being said I'm still hoping they bring back some classic designs. Other than Wookiee, Sullustan, and Mon Calamari. Is there any word why TFA only had new designs for the most part? Did they just figure it'd be easier to start from scratch rather than recreate all the masks from the classic movies?

Reaction score
I agree. Bistan, Pao, and Moroff all actually have that Star Wars look to them. That being said I'm still hoping they bring back some classic designs. Other than Wookiee, Sullustan, and Mon Calamari. Is there any word why TFA only had new designs for the most part? Did they just figure it'd be easier to start from scratch rather than recreate all the masks from the classic movies?
I would love to see a new Hammerhead and one day I pray we see an Ewok again in a new movie set post-ROTJ. Not joking!

Reaction score
Is there any word why TFA only had new designs for the most part? Did they just figure it'd be easier to start from scratch rather than recreate all the masks from the classic movies?
I read somewhere that it's because of where VII occurred in the galaxy. The idea being that different places in space have different populations, and places like Jakku are obscure and distant enough that they don't attract a very cosmopolitan group. So you just see mainly local beings who don't get around much

Personally, I had the impression that a lot of the OT was also very far from the core, so I'm not sure whether the explanation is very logical. But that's what they said.

Reaction score
Yeah, I would be curious to see how hey survived the Deathstar explosion. The fallout from that had to be system wide, and since they're not a space faring species.

GNT

Reaction score
Is there any word why TFA only had new designs for the most part? Did they just figure it'd be easier to start from scratch rather than recreate all the masks from the classic movies?
Most likely to expand on the universe, if we kept getting the same alien designs over and over again it'd get pretty boring and show that the universe is pretty small. New background characters is like a fresh lease of life in the SW universe. I'm glad we're seeing new characters in the ST and RO.

Reaction score
I think these pack ins are pretty useless. For me - they're one step away from being thrown into the garbage.
I'd much rather a nice stand with the film logo, or even just a generic Star Wars stand, like we've received in the past.
Having said that, this pack in, is probably the first one I've seen, that I actually thought was half-decent.

Reaction score
I think these pack ins are pretty useless. For me - they're one step away from being thrown into the garbage.
I'd much rather a nice stand with the film logo, or even just a generic Star Wars stand, like we've received in the past.
Having said that, this pack in, is probably the first one I've seen, that I actually thought was half-decent.

I completely agree on the pack. I love the look of it and can actually see the character lugging around this cumbersome pack. the other packs that come with Poe and Poe are meh at best. good background fodder for a hanger or bunker diorama.

Reaction score
That Wampa/yeti/sasquatch/snow beast is such a great character. I hope he has a little more than a few seconds on screen!

Reaction score
I completely agree on the pack. I love the look of it and can actually see the character lugging around this cumbersome pack. the other packs that come with Poe and Poe are meh at best. good background fodder for a hanger or bunker diorama.
The pack is apparently screen accurate (not the guns that attach to it)...

Reaction score
At least Moroff is big enough to possibly carry it! The one that comes with the Deathtrooper is a joke. All they had to do is integrate a stand somehow and it could double as a gun emplacement. Instead, even my kid laughed at how this scrawny looking guy could possibly carry that massive backpack!

Reaction score
Those who have the Moroff & Scarif trooper two-pack, and can look at it. .

Is Moroff's back-pack the same as in the Kohl's four-pack)pictured above?
It could be the photo, but the 4-pack version's grenades (?) look more metallic and the bedroll is a brighter tan. The 2-pack colors are more muted.

I wonder if the rockets stuck all over his pack are supposed to be fired in the anti-AT-ACT launchers seen in the trailer? I kinda wish the two on the lower back were fully removable.

Reaction score
Something about Moroff reminds me a lot of the vintage Kenner Wampa figure. Even with that in mind, he is a cool figure, 5 POA and all.

The backpack was kind of a P.I.T.A. to put together, but that's just a picking point. I like the details on the pack itself. But the 5 POA kills me, because posing Moroff holding the rifle instead of the backpack cannons doesn't look anywhere near as good.

Reaction score
I just wish the pack fit more flush on the figure.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge

Reaction score
Looks like it.

Wanna know the coolest thing about it?

He's got a sleeping bag. B)
Yeah that's awesome! :awesome:
Although he's described as a mercenary, I imagine he's part of Saw Gerrera's men, who have been fighting for so long and apparently just barely surviving on their own, the four-pack box art shows him using the back-pack to haul wood, bamboo or food.
Whether that is screen accurate or not I don't know, but it really conveys a character who is surviving on the fringe, which all makes him incredibly endearing.
Although with that Gatling looking gun, we know he's not playing, Storm troopers gonna die!:grin:

Reaction score
so, annoyingly, this Trooper is starting to look like it might night be screen accurate? It seems like they don't have kamas in the movie? Or do they? I can't recall seeing any images.
Depends if this previewed costume (photo from SuperHeroHype) ends up in the movie; I haven't seen them in the trailers. There are 3 different costumes for Scariff Stormtroopers: 1 that resembles this 2-pack figure, and 2 without kamas but 1 has additional blue markings on the chest and left shoulder (farthest away in the below photo). Not sure if the kama is a variant or rank difference, but the blue marking seems to be.

Reaction score
The Walmart commercial featuring the Scarif Stormtroopers shows that one of them is wearing the kama:
https://youtu.be/UXtFO14RkTc

Also, there is this photo I found on Facebook:

Ultimately, what ends up in the final movie will trump all, but according to these photos the kama wearing Squad Leaders are intended to be a part of the film. Unless they get Zuvio-ed.

Reaction score
Those still on the fence before they buy, wondering about his role or if he's even in the film or was cut?
He does appear briefly in the new trailer.
You can see him ducking out to the left in the scene where the Walker is marching through Jedah.
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/319/files/2016/10/R1-FT-Jyn-and-Cassian-battle-Empire-forces.gif

Edit: To the weeny about to type ...but that doesn't prove he's in the film! Yeah I never said that it does, I'm simply sharing another image as more evidence towards that he likely does.
Edit:Edit: To the weeny about to type: We already had evidence of that. Yeah, that's why I said more.

Also anyone contemplating throwing out the backpack, we get a slightly better view of it in profile, (check the HD Trailer) and (minus the ridiculous big hasbro guns) especially anyone willing to customize, it seems to convey it pretty well, so hold on to it.

Reaction score
There's lots of secondary aliens that will be in the film that were not in the trailers. Not having a presence in a 2 minute trailer doesn't mean a character won't have a part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
There's lots of secondary aliens that will be in the film that were not in the trailers. Not having a presence in a 2 minute trailer doesn't mean a character won't have a part.
Wow this site is toxic. O tried to preemptively account for but stll someone found a way to argue.
I didn't say or even suggest they character wouldn't have a part.
To the contrary, I was addressing posts of this nature: to those concerned he wouldn't have a part.
Moroff looks pretty sweet IMO. He'll probably be never seen or easily killed on screen..
​This years Zuvio!
Again I was simply sharing imagery as more evidence he more than likely does!
That's it.

Reaction score
Wow this site is toxic. O tried to preemptively account for but stll someone found a way to argue.
To the contrary, I was addressing posts of this nature: to those concerned he wouldn't have a part.

That's it.
Thanks for the image I didn't notice moroff when I saw the trailer. That's pretty cool
Hopefully we will appear because I really like the figure.

Reaction score

That's it.
Easy now; don't be so sensitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk