Moroff & Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader

Reaction score
I like both of these figures, but I'm 50/50 on buying it. I wasn't planning on getting any 2-packs from this movie, and I'm sure a regular version of this trooper will be released on a single card, which I do plan on buying.

Reaction score
I wonder if whenever Hasbro ever got off their butts and started doing commercials for Rogue One figures I wonder what the moroff vs shore trooper commercial would be like

Reaction score
I like both of these figures, but I'm 50/50 on buying it. I wasn't planning on getting any 2-packs from this movie, and I'm sure a regular version of this trooper will be released on a single card, which I do plan on buying.
I'm wishing for a single carded release as well, but they're not even doing a single carded Death Trooper in the first 2 waves, so it doesn't seem too likely. Of course, we're getting the Imperial Ground Crew single carded, so never say never.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
This figure would be pretty cool with more POA, then I could also finally make a Sasquatch figure for Alpha Flight. Another team still unfinished... lol

Reaction score
"Which way now, AT-AT Commander?"

I think I'm going to start calling everyone by their titles instead of proper/nick names from now on. "Good morning, Grocery Stockman. What aisle is the sour cream in?"

Reaction score
This is funky enough for me to put near the top of my list of stuff to but on FF. Should a store I got to actually have ot.

Reaction score
Moroff looks great. However, troopers never really look good to my eyes at 5POA. It tends to slim them down, and we never really see them in the films in a typical 5POA pose, anyway.

I think my biggest beef with Rogue One (which I am admittedly still very much excited about) is the array of new troopers that seem to be everywhere - yet nowhere to be found in the OT. I do truly wish they had kept to the original trooper designs, with a few changes, or maybe add one new trooper type.

Obvious bias aside, I don't even really like the new troopers - possibly with the exception of this one, oddly enough.

Reaction score
Moroff looks great. However, troopers never really look good to my eyes at 5POA. It tends to slim them down, and we never really see them in the films in a typical 5POA pose, anyway.

I think my biggest beef with Rogue One (which I am admittedly still very much excited about) is the array of new troopers that seem to be everywhere - yet nowhere to be found in the OT. I do truly wish they had kept to the original trooper designs, with a few changes, or maybe add one new trooper type.

Obvious bias aside, I don't even really like the new troopers - possibly with the exception of this one, oddly enough.
I know, I have thought about this (too much). And really, I always come back - so what. If the whole point was to create unquestionable accuracy, then they should/would have only used troopers we saw in OT, or at worst 1 or 2 other types. But this is cinema, and these are toys. So if they made this film without new designs, it would have made more "sense", but it wouldnt have been as much fun for me.

Reaction score
I'm wishing for a single carded release as well, but they're not even doing a single carded Death Trooper in the first 2 waves, so it doesn't seem too likely. Of course, we're getting the Imperial Ground Crew single carded, so never say never.
Oops! My bad...

Reaction score
I think this is what I'm gonna be getting Force Friday. None of the human designs appeal to me all that much. I've already decided that I'm going to be really selective with this line.

GNT

Reaction score

Without a doubt one of my favourite figures in a long time, Moroff is pretty solid so there's no way he'll ever topple over.

Reaction score
I had this figure in hand yesterday at a walmart, and when I went to purchase it, they wouldn't let me buy it. I will say this combo pack was awesome. Moroff is one of the best hasbro figures ever made.

Reaction score
I have no plans of even looking for this stuff until well after the 30th. I'm not taking the chance of actually finding something I my want, and being unable to purchase it! I live too far away from these stores to come up empty handed.

Besides, by the look of TFA line. I wont have any trouble finding Rogue One stuff, right?

GNT

Reaction score
I have no plans of even looking for this stuff until well after the 30th. I'm not taking the chance of actually finding something I my want, and being unable to purchase it! I live too far away from these stores to come up empty handed.
Maybe order a case when online stores put them up for sale? That would save lots of time and you wouldn't have to travel :) I'm sure they'll be in plentiful supply.

Reaction score
"Which way now, AT-AT Commander?"

I think I'm going to start calling everyone by their titles instead of proper/nick names from now on. "Good morning, Grocery Stockman. What aisle is the sour cream in?"
I'll have to try that the next time I'm at the store.

Reaction score
Not sure if these were posted, but a couple of character descriptions:

Name: Moroff
Species: Gigoran
Description: Moroff seeks out combat zones to sell his brawn and firepower to anyone who might need it. The mighty Gigoran mercenary figures there’s money to be made for a towering heavy gunner.

Guessing he is one of Saw Gerrera's men.

Name: Rebel Commando Pao
Species: Drabata
Description: An amphibious Drabata, the fierce commando Pao charges into battle with a full-throated battle cry of “Sa’Kalla!” He joins the Rogue One team on its historic mission to secure the Death Star plans.
Pao's uniform and that we see him on Yavin and in combat is obviously directly with the Rebels.
He's described as amphibian, although with his more shark-like look, we also saw some Mon Calamari on Yavin, I wonder with if they'll get along? :)

Without a doubt one of my favourite figures in a long time, Moroff is pretty solid so there's no way he'll ever topple over.

Wow great pic! Moroff has allot more paint/coloring detail than the promo shot suggested.
He looks great!
And from your pick it looks like the big guns on the pack are completley removable (is that right?) making it more screen accurate! :D

GNT

Reaction score
And from your pick it looks like the big guns on the pack are completley removable (is that right?) making it more screen accurate! :D
The big guns have to be attached as they're separate pieces. I've left it off.

Reaction score
The big guns have to be attached as they're separate pieces. I've left it off.
I'm so glad they left that as an option, so the accessory isn't a complete waste he can wear the pack without them.

Curious is there maybe a way to attach/store his actual hand held gun on the pack, as he appears to have done here?

Reaction score
I wonder what Hasbro used for reference pics? Because I don't see pee stains on him anywhere in that photo, especially the chin!

GNT

Reaction score
I wonder what Hasbro used for reference pics? Because I don't see pee stains on him anywhere in that photo, especially the chin!
We don't know when that footage is from, it could be from early on before they did some touch ups in the props department.

Reaction score
Another cool set - the alien looks similar to a mini-Wampa; the trooper looks similar to one of the green-ish ROTS Clone troopers that came with one of the land vehicles. Like these homages (if that's what they are) to previous films - even if those films took place after Rogue One ;)

Reaction score

Besides, by the look of TFA line. I wont have any trouble finding Rogue One stuff, right?
My thoughts/feelings exactly. I wasn't planning on getting a lot of Rouge One toys, but now that I see good pics. of them I'm definitely planning on picking some up. However, the last thing I need is finding some at the store & then getting frustrated that I can't find any.

The problem is that based on what happened after TFA hit last year, the next 2-3 weeks after FF the toy aisles were almost bare of SW toys (since they all almost sold through on FF). However, patience is a virtue & as long as I can get at least some of these toys in the next several months I will be happy.

Reaction score
Well, while everyone else was running around store to story crying that they couldn't find Rey. I sat back and waited. I don't think i really ever feared that i wouldn't be able to get TFA figures.

Reaction score
Picked this up at a local grocery store today. Got it mostly for Moroff. The "pee stains" aren't quite as pronounced in hand LOL. I'm not a huge fan of the Scarif Trooper's design but it is a pretty great figure. Lots of detail in the sculpt and nice paint apps. One question though...is he supposed to have a kama on or what's the deal?

Reaction score
Thank DWK, I knew you'd pull through with some pics ;) So I guess this figure is the Squad Leader. Reason I asked about the Kama is that he sort of has it, but it is more like he just has two "flaps" behind his legs, kind of like the Joker's coat. It just looks a little weird. Those actual costume shots look a lot better than the figure, not as gaudy as far as the coloring.

Reaction score
I think I threw my back out lifting up this 2-pack :p

Seriously, though... it's heavy! Solid figures.

Reaction score
I was able to snag this set this morning in Walmart! I Love the look of Moroff! perhaps my favorite RO figure so far.

this is a figure that comes with an insanely large accessory pack (and it's kinda a pain in the *** to put it both together and on him) but the details look really cool. the figure is massive and towers over both the Imperial Scarif Trooper and Imperial Death Trooper. he gives me a Talz/ Wampa vibe