More VOTC in 2006, MayBE!!!!!

Reaction score
The Swami predicted there were more VOTC coming in 2006,
He had name a few on the site-Veers and Leia Boush has surface under the Sage 2 line. But there was one has not
Han Endor. So this leads me to beleive that Hasbro will announce this at Toy fair this year. Also we still do
not know the Death star wave yet either. This figures will
take us to a July 2006 release. So maybe there will be another 12 figures plus maybe 4 more POTF coins cards. The like of major main characters in the 2006 line;
so this would make up for the differents.

ANH

Greedo-
Jawa
Tusken Raider
Death Squad Commander

ESB

Luke (Bespin)
Snowtrooper
Echo Base Rebel Trooper
Bespin Guard(muti heads)

ROTJ

Gamerean Guard
Wicket W Warwick
Han Endor
Biker Scout

POTF (Coin)

Sim Aloo
Luke Endor
Leia Endor
Adrimal Ackbar

Battle of Death Star Wave

Luke(X Wing)
Red Leader
Grand Moff Tarkin
R5 Red ledaders droid
General Tagge
Tie Fighter Pilot

Reaction score
Stan said:
ANH

Greedo-
Jawa
Tusken Raider
Death Squad Commander

ESB

Luke (Bespin)
Snowtrooper
Echo Base Rebel Trooper
Bespin Guard(muti heads)

ROTJ

Gamerean Guard
Wicket W Warwick
Han Endor
Biker Scout
Is this a wish list or is it believed that these will really be released? I'd crap myself if Snowtroopers, Biker Scouts, and Bespin Luke got the VOTC treatment.

Reaction score
I think if they do new VOTC figures we will tend to see more main characters and perhaps even a Prequel set.

ANH
Luke X wing
Sandperson
Tarkin
Imperial Commander

ESB
Han in Hoth gear
Leia Hoth gear
SnowTrooper
Chewie with C3P0

ROTJ
Emperor Palpatine
Scout Trooper
Luke in Endor Gear
Leia in Endor Gear

TPM
Qui Gon
Anakin
Obi Wan
Maul tatooine

AOTC
Mace Windu
Clone Trooper (Red Markings)
Jango
Anakin Peasant Gear

ROTS
Palpatine Purple Robes
Greivous
Yoda
Bail Organa Senate Robes

Then perhaps they can do a new line of Amidala/Leia sets:

ANH/TPM
Leia in Ceremonial dress
Padme in Travel Robes (purple)

ESB/AOTC
Leia in Medical frigate robe
Amidala in Field Dress (yellow)

ROTJ/ROTS
Leia in General gear
Amidala in Senate Robes (blue and black)

Reaction score
If they're going to do VOTC again (charging $10 a figure) then they need to concentrate on diversity instead of too many tired variations of the same characters. Also keep in mind, that to qualify for VOTC, they had to exist previously in the vintage line. (So that eliminates Tarkin)

Here's the way I think it should go:

ANH:
Tusken Raider
Jawa 2 pack
Death Squad Commander (Death Star Trooper)
Walrus Man (Ponda Baba)

ESB:
Lobot
Pilot Luke
Han Bespin
Leia Bespin

ROTJ:
Emperor Palpatine
Admiral Ackbar
AT-ST Driver
Biker Scout (Scout Trooper)

Reaction score
I'd like to see another round of the VOTC figures... but first - Stan, didn't you say a while back that we would be getting an AT-TE in November 2005? I thought you might be right about this since you predicted the Sandcrawler correctly.

Reaction score
I'd imagine that if we get more VOTC it would be in 2007 for the 30th anniversary. I have a feeling Hasbro will want to do something since they won't have anything else to focus on. 25th anniversary coincided with Ep II, and they still did something .

Reaction score
I think a new VOTC line is a definite possibility for next year. That would explain the lack of main characters in the initial Saga II lineup. I also think another run of Evolutions with Padme, Obi Wan and some other character would be in order.

When's Toyfair? February?

Reaction score
I wouldn't rely to much on the Swami's predictions. His last few reports were way off. Where's the Stormtrooper deluxe 3 pack he said was coming?

Reaction score
I would like to see another round of the VOTC.
Just wish the price point would drop a bit.

Reaction score
Hmmm what would they make in another round of VOTC? My guess:

ANH
Sandpeople (Tusken Raider)
Jawa
Death Squad Commander
Luke Skywalker (X-wing Pilot)

ESB
Han Solo (Bespin Fatigues)
Princess Leia Organa (Hoth Gear)
C-3PO (Removable Limbs)
Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear)

ROTJ
Han Solo (Trenchcoat)
The Emperor
Nien Nunb
Wicket W. Warrick

And as a bonus, how about:

POTF
Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Luke Skywalker (Endor Poncho)
R2-D2 (Pop-Up Lightsaber)
Imperial Gunner

Reaction score
I personally dont mind paying over $10 per figure if I get the packaging and cardbacks with great figures. The last round of VOTC got me seriously back into buying SW figures. Another batch of figures would be great and I think Hasbro will release them down the line. I wont say next year but when they need to fill in the gaps between TV shows and releasing the OT out in theaters in 3D. I hope they release another 12 figures and maybe 4 from the POTF line.

Reaction score
Another VOTC set will be great. Maybe they should also ad other figures not featured in the original set. Here are my choices:

ANH:
Luke stormtrooper disguise
Han Solo stormtrooper disguise
Greedo
Imperial trooper

ESB
SA Snowtrooper
SA female cloud car pilot
2 pack ugnaughts
break apart c3p0

ROTJ
Leia endor general
SA Scout trooper
SA Wedge
SA Admiral Ackbar

Reaction score
I'm guessing the 2006 VOTC figures are probably just wishful thinking. For one, if they were planning on doing a vintage version of the POTF figures I would have though Han Carbonite would have been a prime option. Leia Boushh would also have been one I would have expected in a VOTC line. Seeing them in the regular makes me doubtful we will see VOTC next year, but I could be wrong.

Reaction score
Jonny_Rotten said:
I wouldn't rely to much on the Swami's predictions. His last few reports were way off. Where's the Stormtrooper deluxe 3 pack he said was coming?
I thought it was indeed going to be released but was ultimately axed by whomever was on tap for the exclusive? Or maybe I was dreaming.

Reaction score
Since the rumor of a new Luke X-Wing Pilot is indicating either a new X-Wing or line of VOTC figures, I'm going to throw in my wishlist for the new line:

VOTC ANH

Luke X-Wing
Greedo
Sandperson
Jawa

VOTC ESB

Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)
Han Solo (Bespin)
Snowtrooper
Bossk

VOTC ROTJ

Biker Scout
Princess Leia (Endor)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi - Jabba's Palace)
Wicket

Reaction score
Has there been any SW characters that have never been made into a figure?
I'd rather buy something new than the same guys over and over.

maybe like Obi Wan Deathstar duel. All it would be is a smokey cloak and a vader foot you could put over top of it. LOL, I'd buy that.

Reaction score
Acclaimed said:
Has there been any SW characters that have never been made into a figure?
I'd rather buy something new than the same guys over and over.
Except that the whole point of the VOTC line is to bring back original cardbacks of old characters.

Reaction score
Some of you are going to be very happy...I can say no more!

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
Don't you just want to beat him when he does things like this? Now ... try living in the same town as him.

Reaction score
Well I am pretty sure from his lack of you'll be very happy in my previous post regarding the canceled Death Star wave, that any new VOTC will be without Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise. *Sigh*

Reaction score
Darth_Rayne said:
Mr Curto said:
Don't you just want to beat him when he does things like this? Now ... try living in the same town as him.

lol for real. I feel your pain. If they are bringing back the VOTC line, hopefully Luke Endor will get the suped up treatment to bring us a SA DS Duel Luke later. The news of a New Luke XWing and Luke Ceremonial made me excited for this line again. I cannot wait!!

GNT

Reaction score
LOL. Very interesting...mmmm Hasbro would be stupid not to bring this line back since it was well recieved by collectors and fans alike. If they do I hope it's new characters (Jawa, Greedo etc) not the same 12 or some of them packed on a different movie card eg Luke packed on an ESB card or whatever.

Reaction score
CaptainJack said:
I'd imagine that if we get more VOTC it would be in 2007 for the 30th anniversary. I have a feeling Hasbro will want to do something since they won't have anything else to focus on. 25th anniversary coincided with Ep II, and they still did something .
Prepare to tar and feather me, but what did they do? I honestly don't remember anything special.

Reaction score
Three statuesque 2-packs, I forget the name: Han & Chewie recreating the classic photo of them back-to-back, guns ready; Luke & Leia on the edge of the Death Star chasm, ready to swing; Obi-Wan & Vader, dueling.

It's in the POTJ section of the Photo Archives, under "25th Anniversary"

Reaction score
I think the VOTC were a clever, unique idea to tie in with the release of the OTC on DVD.

We know Habro can do the articulation/sculpt thing at a decent price point.

But to charge $9.99 for another wave of VOTC figures gives me nausea.

Skip the clam shell and just give me decent sculpts and decent articulation for $5.99. Don't overcharge us for a product just because it's considered VOTC like.

Reaction score
CaptainAlex said:
I think the VOTC were a clever, unique idea to tie in with the release of the OTC on DVD.

We know Habro can do the articulation/sculpt thing at a decent price point.

But to charge $9.99 for another wave of VOTC figures gives me nausea.

Skip the clam shell and just give me decent sculpts and decent articulation for $5.99. Don't overcharge us for a product just because it's considered VOTC like.

I love the VOTC, and I hope they continue it, as well as not just do figures from the vintage line, but do new figures on vintage styled cards. i.e stormtrooper han, dsii duel luke, qui-gon jinn, etc.

Reaction score
GNT said:
LOL. Very interesting...mmmm Hasbro would be stupid not to bring this line back since it was well recieved by collectors and fans alike.
Really? I don't think they sold all that well actually. There are lots of these still around, including close-out places like Family Dollar and Tuesday Morning.

Reaction score
CaptainJack said:
GNT said:
LOL. Very interesting...mmmm Hasbro would be stupid not to bring this line back since it was well recieved by collectors and fans alike.
Really? I don't think they sold all that well actually. There are lots of these still around, including close-out places like Family Dollar and Tuesday Morning.
ive never seen them at dollar stores, and the only one that sat in my area was Lando.

Reaction score
When the first wave hit, Han was the only peg-warmer (much like Pilot Obi-Wan now; odd that 2 of the greatest SW figures ever warm pegs! Guess Hasbro shipped too many!), after the ESB and ROTJ waves shipped, ANH's Leia & Obi-Wan warmed a bit, Leia especially; Lando warmed plenty, and C-3PO & Yoda were known in my area to sit around for more than a week.

But by April, all that was left was Lando. If new shipments came in (Stormtroopers & Fetts popped up regularly for awhile), all would vanish quickly but for Lando.

Reaction score
To clarify, stuff has been reported at the discount stores which doesn't necessarily mean low customer demand, but could indicate low retailer demand. This may be more due to a shift toward ROTS, but more likely a respoonse to the fact that the pegs were filled with Lando.
But, if Lando, Yoda and Co. didn't sell, what chance would even more minor characters really have? (Greedo,Tusken Raider etc.)

Reaction score
A truly great Greedo would sell well enough I think, as it's a cool alien figure, and customizers would eat him up. Tusken Raiders would sell to army builders if nothing else, but I think that, too, would have high demand.

A Death Squad Commander/Death Star Trooper, VOTC style? That'd fly off the pegs as fast as Stormtroopers!! Same with a Star Destroyer Commander.

I think more VOTC overall WOULD sell well, but some regions would see certain characters pegwarm as much as Lando, and there might be one in a new series of 12 that would be the "Lando" of the group in most of the country. I'm honestly surprised C-3PO didn't stick around, as it's one of the worst 3PO figures they've ever done; it just had nice paint!

Reaction score
Lando is still keeping the pegs toasty here. I only saw C-3PO once at retail, so I figured he was just the short packed figure in the latest case assortments. I remember when Leia and Ben Kenobi lingered as well, but I think the problem with those were the fact that the first wave was shipped out in such mass quantities that it was inevitable for awhile. I really do think that there are twelve more figures that could be released as a follow-up that would sell quite well if they were done justice. Even a prequel VOTC-style set would probably sell well given the quality of the figures and selection of characters are both good.

Reaction score
Boushh said:
Lando is still keeping the pegs toasty here. I only saw C-3PO once at retail, so I figured he was just the short packed figure in the latest case assortments. I remember when Leia and Ben Kenobi lingered as well, but I think the problem with those were the fact that the first wave was shipped out in such mass quantities that it was inevitable for awhile. I really do think that there are twelve more figures that could be released as a follow-up that would sell quite well if they were done justice. Even a prequel VOTC-style set would probably sell well given the quality of the figures and selection of characters are both good.
I agree with that. Like Ive previously stated, Id love to see a VPTC and VOTC (even tho it isnt following the tradidtion) with characters that were never included in the line.

Reaction score
I think Greedo would be a waste. The OTC version is good enough to not justify this figure. I'd rather see a Tusken, or DS Commander.

Reaction score
Stan said:
The Swami predicted there were more VOTC coming in 2006,
He had name a few on the site-Veers and Leia Boush has surface under the Sage 2 line. But there was one has not
Han Endor. So this leads me to beleive that Hasbro will announce this at Toy fair this year. Also we still do
not know the Death star wave yet either. This figures will
take us to a July 2006 release. So maybe there will be another 12 figures plus maybe 4 more POTF coins cards. The like of major main characters in the 2006 line;
so this would make up for the differents.

ANH

Greedo-
Jawa
Tusken Raider
Death Squad Commander

ESB

Luke (Bespin)
Snowtrooper
Echo Base Rebel Trooper
Bespin Guard(muti heads)

ROTJ

Gamerean Guard
Wicket W Warwick
Han Endor
Biker Scout

POTF (Coin)

Sim Aloo
Luke Endor
Leia Endor
Adrimal Ackbar

Battle of Death Star Wave

Luke(X Wing)
Red Leader
Grand Moff Tarkin
R5 Red ledaders droid
General Tagge
Tie Fighter Pilot
make sure every figure needs like SA!

I Red Leader was never in the vintage line.
I guess red leader will first be made for the VOTC.