More news on Jorg Sacul offer in France??

Reaction score
Hi there, I went to my local TRU last week and they weren't aware of this offer. Did any of the french resident on this board have more luck? Does anyone has a start date to provide yet?

G

yeah, someone has to know something. c'mon guys i want a Sacul but i don't want to support the scalpers at $60-$100 for him. we gave you Jerry Lewis now give something back

G

to geester:
dude look at your post counter. post another one QUICK!!!
LOL

Reaction score
Only thing to do if you wanna do the truth, call the Cergy TRU and ask them, that's where stef got his...

But I think that's a typical French Hoax, cuz when we're not on strike we like to piss off everybody with stupid rumor...

Did you know that 2 years ago Miss France used to be a guy???

Reaction score
hey guys, I just was at carrefour and bought another 2 clonetroopers (red) for 7.89 euros each
now I already have 5 clonetroopers (4 red, 1 preview) and I only have to get me some paint so I can make me another white, one green and one blue (the yellow looks kinda boring IMO)
any way, carrefour also had loads (about 20-30) yodas and loads (also about 20-30) anakin HD's and a lot od clonetroopers

Reaction score
Originally posted by Darth Cycy:
But I think that's a typical French Hoax, cuz when we're not on strike we like to piss off everybody with stupid rumor...
<font size="2" face="arial">I agree. Frankly, sit down and think about that a few minutes.
How could "La Grande Recre" get some Silver DV coming from the NEW YORK TOY FAIR ?? Same thing with TRU with the Jorg Sacul figures only sold at CELEBRATION II ??????

I mean, in the past sought after figures (I am thinking to Ree Yees and Death Star Troopers) popped up in TRU because the SW French Fan Club had an overstock of these figures. I can't see the Fan Club being flooded by Jorg Sacul figs or Silver DV.....

Personnally I did not even try to get these figs to my local shops, I consider that would be a waste of time and energy.
But that's my 2 cents...

Stef (not the Jorg Sacul one, the other
)

Reaction score
As I already said to Darth Cycy, I got mine Jorg Sacul in TRU of Eragny (95)!!!!
Stef, I don't understand your point...(Are you a chimical engineer ??)

Reaction score
Originally posted by bosskhuntsyou:
As I already said to Darth Cycy, I got mine Jorg Sacul in TRU of Eragny (95)!!!!
Stef, I don't understand your point...(Are you a chimical engineer ??)
<font size="2" face="arial">Indeed. Ecole Nationale Superieure de Chimie de Toulouse - Promotion 1997. But I can't see what is the link with SW collecting

S.

Reaction score
Just I remember your site on Starwars vintage collecting (we used to speak on icq...)
My number is 40251091

Reaction score
Yup remember you too

If I am correct you are the proud owner of a Meccano 20-bk Luke Skywalker right ? Do you still have it ?

S.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Stef:
If I am correct you are the proud owner of a Meccano 20-bk Luke Skywalker right ? Do you still have it ?
<font size="2" face="arial">Obviously you do
Just had a look at your website

S.

Reaction score
What... what...
... a 20back Meccano Luke !!! I want this one definitely

Sell it to me !!!

Arnaud

Reaction score
The fact is that Hasbro clearly cut France in 2 parts. I remembered calling them because a friend of mine who lives in Amiens tried unsuccesfully to find last POTF 2 like Jawas or Ackbar. they explained me there was 2 politics of distribution : North and South. Craziness ...

Arnaud

Reaction score
Originally posted by arnodotf:
What... what...
... a 20back Meccano Luke !!! I want this one definitely

Sell it to me !!!
<font size="2" face="arial">Stop drooling Arnaud

S.

Reaction score
[QB]
How could "La Grande Recre" get some Silver DV coming from the NEW YORK TOY FAIR ??
<font size="2" face="arial">OK it's time to kick myself in public

Some shops of the "La Grande Recre" chain do have this figure in stock, mainly in the Paris area. Actually it's about 15% of the whole chain which has this offer available.
Apologies for my skepticism

As for the Jorg fig, no info...I am too lazy to take my car to my local TRU

S.

Reaction score
Jorg Sacul as still to show up in TRU Calais. The more i think about this offer, the more i'm convinced it won't reach my local TRU. No one in the store had a clue what i was talking about. I guess i'll have to wait a few more years to get this one.

Reaction score
No Stef, i checked with "La Grande Récré" store based in Dunkerque and they weren't aware of the offer (Buy the Slave I + 1 Euro = TF Vader). Anyway, i ordered one at the french Fan Club and i should receive it by the end of the month.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Darth Cycy:
<font size="2" face="arial">Without a doubt that is the funniest thing I've ever heard a Frenchman say!!! It's true too

Jeremy

[ 12-30-2002, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: Jeremy ]

Reaction score
Does the French Fan Club provide Jorg Sacul too ? If so how much are they ?

Stef
<font size="2" face="arial">You can't buy one from the Club but they are giving away some on their minitel site

Reaction score
Can you provide some details of tjhis giveaway please? And what is a minitel site? PLease e-mail me directly at jeremy@rebelscum.com so I can post this on the main page.

Jeremy

Reaction score
Jeremy,

The minitel is to the Internet what a monkey is to mankind.
Very efficient internet actually back in the old good days but very not user friendly and now completely obsolete...
That's what French people do best: Great ideas, but absolutely no clue how to develop it...

Regarding the offer at the French Fan Club, could someone gives me info please about the Fan Club, I didn't even know we had one...

Until then, May the force be with you...

Reaction score
Hey Jeremy, you don't want to know about this "minitel" thing, i assure you. Though you can get access to some sites via the web (Lucasfilm Magazine not being one of them
), most are only reachable via a minitel terminal provided by France Telecom. Even if it is still in function, most of the businesses gradually leave that "Nation Wide Web" and create an adress on the real World Wide Web.
About the Jorg Sacul offer on their site, you can only get access from France and via a minitel terminal. As a conclusion, i'd say there is not much to get excited about.

[ 12-30-2002, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: TK-842 ]

Reaction score
Thanks for the info - I want to post it to share with other French readers, rather than the international community.

POSTED

Jeremy

[ 12-30-2002, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Jeremy ]

Reaction score
Would it be possible if anyone could get thru to this site to maybe..just maybe could pick up an extra one for me??

I need one for a friend and i've exhausted all of my resorts...

PLMK if you can help...

Thanks!

Jax

wycljr@aol.com

Reaction score
Don't want to be pessimistic but there is little chance someone can help you out on this one. Up to now, the offer took place in a few TRU stores(possibly less than 10) located around Paris. I can't even assure you the figure is offered as i have yet to see a proof.
Now, if you are reffering to the "minitel" offer, let me clear things up. One or more (as i can't access the site, i don't have much details) Sacul(s) can be won in a contest probably being a quizz and a draw to decide for the winner(s).
Again, sorry to bring bad news. I hope you'll get a chance to help your friend anyway.

Reaction score
Thanks for trying TK I should just tell him to pay full price ($80-100)if he wants in that bad..I've been trying to find this for him for at least 2-3 months now...

Jax

Reaction score
Well, i have still to get Sacul and TF Vader. Even if i'd love to have those figures standing on my desk, there is no way i'm gonna pay $200 for these. If i were you, i'd advise him to be patient. I am convinced these figure will see their price drop when the Star Wars hype will slow down past 2005.

My 2 cents

Reaction score
I already told him...But I could say more but I've already been down that dead end road WAY too many times..

If you comes across one though could you please LMK??

Thanks TK!

Jax

Reaction score
If i can get my hands on three, i'll keep the first one, give the second for a US mate who helped me a lot in getting my hands on stuff lately and save the last one for you