more finds in the great lakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: TRU

Snowmaker said:
I believe his name was Dante.

They must have put out more VOTC for Tuesday morning because I bought the last VOTC 3PO and Lando they had on Monday.
When I went there on Monday, I hid myself a 3po, until I got the giftcard the next day, they has more Lando's though, and one more 3po on the folding table near the R'zone. I don't like the new 3po, but I had to get it anyway, I collect the droids. Oh, and Dante rules!

Reaction score

My TRU had no new Star Wars on the truck today. Sigh. On a more positve note, my DVD arrived from Amazon today! Unfortunately, I have class in a couple hours and need to do a bunch of reading and grade papers. I miss being an undergrad sometimes. I totally would've skipped class and watch all three.

Reaction score
Wal-Mart at 15 near Coolidge has the DVD figure box sets at the front door in a big display with the DVDs. Plenty of Jedi and New Hope sets, but not really many Empire left. I think the only one i saw that was left had a big tear on the top of the box. Very nice sets for only $9.96 each.

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
i have good news and bad news. i just got back from the pontiac toys r us where i found and bought all of the six new OTC carded figs from the new bib fotuna / madine wave along with the hoth vader and slave leia- no scanning trooper. there was a bunch of the cloud car pilot wave left but the bad news is that i picked up the last of the new figs except for that other new vader. i also was able to buy them at 2 for $7.00.

[/QUOTE]

Darksith...you actually left a Lando Skiff as well.....someone hid the 2 VOTC Yodas behind the Vader TIEs...but nothing else new in the area.

Reaction score
I was at the Chesterfield Wal*Mart this evening. They had a few New Hope and Jedi figure sets left, no Empire ones.

Also, they had 4 OTC figures (Leia, Ben, Han, Snowtrooper) all repackaged and taped up, but they were all on OTC Stormtrooper cards. Couldn't really figure that one out. My best guess is that someone bought 4 Stormtroopers for army builders, carefully cut open the packages, and then stuck on the other figures, bubble and all, and taped them up? The bubbles had the correct name sticker, figure fitted-plastic and character picture, just the cards were from Stormtroopers.

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Also, they had 4 OTC figures (Leia, Ben, Han, Snowtrooper) all repackaged and taped up, but they were all on OTC Stormtrooper cards. Couldn't really figure that one out. My best guess is that someone bought 4 Stormtroopers for army builders, carefully cut open the packages, and then stuck on the other figures, bubble and all, and taped them up? The bubbles had the correct name sticker, figure fitted-plastic and character picture, just the cards were from Stormtroopers.

[/QUOTE]

The Auburn Hills Wal-Mart had about 4 or 5 of the same type of thing with some OTC figures there. Dagobah wave figures that were repacked on Stormtrooper cards then probbaly returned to Wal-Mart.

What type of Peep that buys mass amounts of OTC Stormtroopers would do such a thing???

Reaction score
JuvyD said:
What type of Peep that buys mass amounts of OTC Stormtroopers would do such a thing???
The real question is, why buy the other figures in the first place and not just buy Stormtroopers?

I'm also thinking that someone may be buying a bunch of figures at TRU because of the sale, recarding them on cards that they purchased at Wal*Mart so they match the receipt, then they make $1.27 on each figure they repackage and return. Just doesn't sound worth the effort though.

Reaction score
But really, how many cans can one collect? This new figure scam is on the right path to easy street!

Reaction score
Yoda_Boi said:
well dont look at me.i dont take figures back and replace them.
You forgot your trademark, "And I am not lying.", expression.

Meijer Monroe here has tuskens, jawas and snowtroopers warming the pegs. Target got the new Unleashed wave yesterday. If history repeats they will be here a couple days. Walmart has not restocked in three weeks. Its starting to irritate me.

Reaction score
Don't bother hitting the Madison Heights TRU or Target today. NOTHING!

The TRU by Lakeside last night had squat too. You'd think with the sale they'd get in more stock than usual. Wonder if I can get a raincheck on figures.

Reaction score
Snowmaker said:
Don't bother hitting the Madison Heights TRU or Target today. NOTHING!

The TRU by Lakeside last night had squat too. You'd think with the sale they'd get in more stock than usual. Wonder if I can get a raincheck on figures.
They'll only give you a raincheck if there are no figures in stock at all or if you know an employee who will break the rule for you.

Reaction score
BillFreelyShow said:
Do you mean the Bossk wave of Unleashed?
Sorry about that vague post. Yes, I did mean the Bossk wave, I guess they're not that new anymore. Went back to Target Monroe today during lunch and found OTC #29-37. I either missed the Scout Trooper or he's not shipping in that case anymore. There was at least one set of all of them left along with Bespin Wave, Fett, a Stormtrooper and a few others. The Bossk Unleased wave remains.

That's funny, I just realized the only OTC I still need are #11 and #38.

Haven't seen any new VOTC around here in several weeks.

Reaction score
Novi TRU: a few of the bespin wave OTC not much else

Commerce Target: bespin wave of OTC

Commerce Wal-Mart: no OTC figs at all

Reaction score
Jackpot!! This morning my fiance found all 4 of the ROTJ VOTC figures at Target on 28th street. They are all really cool. One stormtrooper and Boba fett remained at 8:30 am.

Reaction score
court st walmart in flint has about 50 of the dvd multi pack figures but only has anh and esb.no rotj

on the search for votc lando,c3po,votc rotj wave and rotj dvd figures

Reaction score
Grand Rapids
TRU Alpine nothing new.
Walmart Alpine Luke bespins and Bossks.
Target Alpine Lobot wave.
Meijer Alpine bought both VOTC C-3PO And Lando they only had 1 of each. They also had three OTC Biker Scouts for you army builders.

Reaction score
i too found the votc rotj wave at target in shelby today. someone got there before me though. they did leave boba, stormie and lando, all of which had very small creases or bubble dings so i left all three. no way i'm payiong 5 dollars extra for a fig inside a protective shell and not get them in mint condition

Reaction score
Well, I wandered into the Chesterfield Target about 5:30 this evening and it looked like I may have missed the good figures. They had like 1 Bespin Leia here, a Stormtrooper there, etc. I then turned around and was greatly surprised to see five Slave 1's sitting on the top shelf across from the figures.
Then another guy I know that I usually run into at the stores by Oakland was right behind me at the register with one too. So I chatted with him for a bit. So that means 3 remained as of 5:30.

This thing is AWESOME, and that's without opening it! Had to sneak it in so the wife didn't kill me after all I spent on Tuesday.

Reaction score
you know i was there this morniong and i didn't even notice them. i did forget to mention that target in shelby did have one this morning also. it is quite nice, i just have been putting out too much money recently to pick it up. especially with the dvd release and MR releasing the sith mini sabers this week

Reaction score
Meijer at 16 Mile and Van Dyke had 2 VOTC Landos and a C-3PO this morning. Wish I hadn't bought them at TRU Monday now. Could have saved $4. I almost thought of buying the Vader for $7.97 to open.

Reaction score
White Lake Wal-Mart has no new OTC or VOTC as of 7:00 this morning. Still plenty of Dagobah and older VOTC available.

Looking for: VOTC Lando, C3P0, and ROTJ 4. Also latest OTC.

Reaction score
Finally got to take advantage of a sale. I found VOTC Lando and C3PO at Meijer Monroe this morning. I didn't even think to look on the top shelf when I was at Target yesterday. That's where they always had the A-wings too. Now I think I have to make another lunchtime run. I am spending way to much on Star Wars this week. It's a good thing I passed on the DVD sets or I would be really broke.

Reaction score
found VOTC Lando, and the VOTC ROTJ wave at the Brighton Target today. No Goldenrod. That's the only one I'm looking for right now, that and the scanning dude.

Brighton Meijers had a bunch of jawas and tuskens, as well as Snowtroopers and Tie Fighter pilots.

Reaction score
I'm gonna pass on the mini light saber reps. I did get Luke's MR efx saber. That thing is fantastic. Goes well with Vader, Luke (jedi), and the training remote. The wife spoils the hell out of me. There's something to be said for being a collecter, and spending money on this stuff as opposed to guy's fishing trips and football bar nights. She doesn't mind this hobby. She knows where I'm at, and it's probably still cheaper than restoring a classic car.

Reaction score
We got in the Bespin OTC figures at the Novi Target today. There were at least 3 of each when I left at 3. I also put out the Slave 1. They are on a back endcap next to the action figure aisle. No new VOTC for my store.

Reaction score
Scored the last VOTC Lando and C3P0 at Waterford Meijer around 4 pm. There was 1 VOTC Yoda when I left and only a few older OTC. Pontiac TRU and Target had none of the newer OTC or VOTC waves as of this afternoon.

Reaction score
Went up to Flint this am and found nothing super new. If anyone needs a VOTC Lando, I saw him at Hill Rd Meijer and also at Miller Rd Target. No sign of ROTJ VOTC in Flint, but TONS of older OTC at Hill Rd Meijer.

Reaction score
COSTCO 2-Packs

Start checking your local COSTCO's if your looking for teh TIE/X-WIng 2 packs....the Great Lakes COSTCO has about 40 of them for $29.99 a pop.

Any SAMs Memebers spot the Falcon set yet?? The Waterford SAMS had zip as of Thursday.

Reaction score
Re: COSTCO 2-Packs

23 Mile and Gratiot (Chesterfield) this evening:

Target: A couple Bespin Leias, Lobots, a Wicket, and the same 3 Slave 1s that were there when I left Thursday.

Meijer: SQUAT!

K-Mart: 10 of the first Cantina 3-pack, none of the second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.