more finds in the great lakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
battlefront

does anyone know where I could still get a battlefront stormtrooper or who is going to have them for sale tomorrow?

Any help would be appreciated, I think I may have missed the boat on this though. I just found out yesterday I could have gotten one at gamestop if I had reserved it last week.

Reaction score
Re: battlefront

its a biker scout not a stormtrooper also if you hurry and go to your nearest eb games or another gamestop and reserve it you get the figure tomorrow

Reaction score
Re: battlefront

CookieWookie said:
does anyone know where I could still get a battlefront stormtrooper or who is going to have them for sale tomorrow?

Any help would be appreciated, I think I may have missed the boat on this though. I just found out yesterday I could have gotten one at gamestop if I had reserved it last week.
I reserved mine on Friday and am still getting the figure.

Does anyone know if stores are purposely holding off on putting new toys out until tomorrow?

Reaction score
Re: Galactic Heros V3

Snowmaker said:
BillFreelyShow said:
Rub it in....Rub it in.
You sick perv!

LOL!
Get a grip on youself...no wait....knock it off. No, knock one off...

hey

stop it.

And peep...you're not crazy, as far as you know.

Anyhow, is anyone doing the midnight purchase tonight? (notice I didn't say the "midnight shuffle.")

Reaction score

BillFreelyShow said:
Anyhow, is anyone doing the midnight purchase tonight? (notice I didn't say the "midnight shuffle.")
Nah, I'll just pick mine up during lunch tomorrow.

Reaction score

I will be getting my dvd set tonight at midnight and my game tomorrow morning. (its going to be a long night!!)
Bossk, thanks for the heads up about the 28th st TRU. I went and checked it out, someone cleaned em out, all they had left were snowtroopers and 1 tusken raider. Seems like i just miss everything lately.

Reaction score

i will be going up to walmart tonight at midnight. here's hoping that there is plenty of new goodness awaiting

Reaction score

echo1441 said:
i will be going up to walmart tonight at midnight. here's hoping that there is plenty of new goodness awaiting
I'll be there about 6:30 AM. If they have anything good, hide some for me.

Reaction score

Well, I hope no one has the experience that I had tonight. So I walk into the Linden Rd TRU in Flint and they have a very pathetic OTC selection. I do find a Vader (Hoth) and Land General on the OTC cards and decide to buy them. 2 for $7 right? NOPE, $9.99 each and not budging on the price. So I ask to speak to the manager and politely show him the ad in the paper. He explains that the SKN (211276 & 028315)numbers in the ad are for the older blue carded figures only. I aks him if he will sell them to me for $4.99 like all the rest of the OTC figures and he tells me that the new ones are $9.99. ARRRRRGGGHHH!

Needless to say, there are 2 overpriced OTC figures at the Flint TRU if anyone wants them.

Reaction score

Thought I'd do a quick hit on a couple local stores on the way home tonight... aside from seeing the full set of ANH VOTC and the FX Master Replicas @ Meijers in Roch. Hills, there wasn't much at all.

Suppose that mayyyybe there might be some new stuff out tomorrow when I get into work kinda late due to my run for the DVD (and maybe the game, who knows - may see how many times my PC hacks up a hairball trying to run a game this new
).

Reaction score
Wal*Mart

Picked up the three DVD figure 3-packs this morning at the Chesterfield store. They had the DVDs for $42 and change. I hit the two Wal*Marts and the Meijer on Hall Rd. Nothing new other than the 3-packs.

Reaction score
Re: Wal*Mart

White Lake Wal-Mart has tons of DVDs for $42, but I didn't see any of the 3-packs. They had lots of the Greedo wave of OTC figures.

Reaction score

Went to a few stores this morning and was mostly disappointed.

At the Commerce Wal Mart - only DVD's - no DVD figure 3-packs, no new figures (not one single OTC figure on the pegs), no Battlefront or new GB Advance game - nothing!!

At the Livonia Wal Mart - nothing!!! I didn't even see the DVD's anywhere (looked near the entrace, where the other DVD's are, near the toys). Of course, they also did not have any of the DVD figure packs, no new figures or any of the video games.

Finally stopped at the Dearborn Heights Target and other than the DVD's - I was able to find a VOTC C-3PO. They also had 1 VOTC Lando which is still there. Was hoping to find the new Slave I exclusive, but no new figures (and they also did not have any of the new video games).

Reaction score

i found the VOTC lando and c-3po at the pontiac toys r us this morning. there was one c-3po and three each of vader and yoda left.

Reaction score

My dad just dropped of the Best Buy Insider magazine for me. Its basically just a small guide to characters, species and vehicles in the trilogy. It has a brief history at the front of it and an article on Battlefront towards the back.

Reaction score

Yoda_s_Big_Brother said:
Jeff-

What was the OTC selection at Pontiac TRU like?
i was hoping to find the latest OTC figs from the bib fortuna wave but they did not have a single OTC fig - just VOTC and the endor muti-pack. by the way, these were located in a big star wars display by the front of the store.

Reaction score

Anybody stop by the Ann Arbor TRU today, I was thinking of going after work but its kind of a drive if they're not going to have squat.

Turp, Plo, either one of you checking in today?

Reaction score
TRU

Went to the Madison Heights TRU and picked up my DVDs. They tried to tell me I could either price match OR get the Gift Card, not both. I argued that I called over the weekend to verify that I could do both and was also told I could when I reserved my DVDs yesterday. So, they let me do both, but told me I was the last one.

No new toys at the Madison Heights TRU since yesterday. Nothing at Target either.

Reaction score
Re: TRU

Does the Sterling Heights Wal-Mart have the 3 packs?? The Auburn Hills Wally World didn't.
I didn't even see the DVD's at the Great Lakes Meijer. Best Buy has the DVD's for $42.99 and COSTCO has them for $43.99, and Wal-Mart $42.87.

Nobody has any new figures out except the Pontiac TRU that Darksith mentioned.

Reaction score

kengar said:
Anybody stop by the Ann Arbor TRU today, I was thinking of going after work but its kind of a drive if they're not going to have squat.

Turp, Plo, either one of you checking in today?
Nah, I won't have a chance to hit it today. Sorry.

Reaction score

Thanks anyway Turpulus. I'm always up for a little road trip I guess.

Monroe Target put out a case of the Bespin Wave today, all remain except one Lobot. Monroe Kmart put out the Greedo wave and Meijer had Jawas, Tuskens and Snowtroopers.

Can't wait to go get my DVDs after work.

Reaction score

Novi TRU had nothing but the DVDs. No Lando or 3po. The Game Stop did have the Battlefront figures in a box on the floor, but wouldn't sell me one with the game purchase. She gave me the "sorry, next time order early" crap.

Ended up getting the game and movie set at Brighton Best Buy. Snagged the Insider Ad eerrr the collectible magazine. No new figs anywhere.

Reaction score

BillFreelyShow said:
The Game Stop did have the Battlefront figures in a box on the floor, but wouldn't sell me one with the game purchase. She gave me the "sorry, next time order early" crap.
Thanks for reminding me. I have to pick up my game and figure after work. I just better get to pick the figure I want. I saw a few there on Friday with packages that looked like they were run over.

Reaction score

I got my dvd set at TRU last night they wouldnt let me do the price match and the gift card, it was one or the other. So i got the dvd's for 39.99. No new figures for the event. There were 2 guys from the 501st there as well in some pretty sweet costumes.
This morning at Walmart on 28th street in Grand Rapids I found all three dvd figure sets. They had tons of all of them, but no other new figures.

Reaction score

target in shelby twp. has three each of bespin leia and lobot. i got the last cc pilot though. i also found votc lando and 3po at tru in roseville this morning. i left the lando as the card had some very minor creases on them.

Reaction score

stormteacher said:
I got my dvd set at TRU last night they wouldnt let me do the price match and the gift card, it was one or the other. So i got the dvd's for 39.99. No new figures for the event. There were 2 guys from the 501st there as well in some pretty sweet costumes.
This morning at Walmart on 28th street in Grand Rapids I found all three dvd figure sets. They had tons of all of them, but no other new figures.
Stormteacher I was at TRU last night too.
They wouldn't let me do the price match and card either.
I pre-ordered a dvd set for a friend, he was too lazy to go to the store so I am taking his card. Hee hee.

Today 9/21 I found the 3 dvd figure sets at Walmart on Alpine, they also had at least 4 each of Luke Bespin and Bossk but no IG-88. Some of these had dinged corners, I didn't look at all of them.

Reaction score

In a mad dash this morning before work (thank heavens for flex time...) hopped into BB for the DVD at the detailed price of $42.99, $9 below the sticker price. No Battlefront for PC though. The "special" issue of the Insider isn't anything to write home about.
On the toy front, the best I found today was a VOTC Yoda. Aside from that, everything else was items that have been seen before many-a-time. Expected more new items with the big DVD push. Ah well - one day I'll find the new stuff again. Either that or buy it online again.

Reaction score

I went to the Madison Heights TRU on Monday and Pre-ordered the dvd's. Tuesday morning, about 9:30 I came back, and the same guy in the R'Zone that I got the preorder from (some kid with kinda puffy hair, like Matt Stone or Jack Osbourne when it gets longer) gave me the $39.99 CompUSA pricematch AND the giftcard. I went to my car and put the DVD's in my trunk, and came back inside & bought the VOTC 3PO with the giftcard, and got them to pricematch Meijer's ad for $7.97.

Reaction score

RalphSkywalker said:
I went to the Madison Heights TRU on Monday and Pre-ordered the dvd's. Tuesday morning, about 9:30 I came back, and the same guy in the R'Zone that I got the preorder from (some kid with kinda puffy hair, like Matt Stone or Jack Osbourne when it gets longer) gave me the $39.99 CompUSA pricematch AND the giftcard. I went to my car and put the DVD's in my trunk, and came back inside & bought the VOTC 3PO with the giftcard, and got them to pricematch Meijer's ad for $7.97.
I believe his name was Dante.

They must have put out more VOTC for Tuesday morning because I bought the last VOTC 3PO and Lando they had on Monday.

Reaction score
Target

I got my DVDs and game at target yesterday, while checking the toy section I saw an unopened box. I was in a rush so instead of asking to have it opened, I opened it and found the new ROTJ wave! I scored a slave leia, gamorrean guard, the 2 Lando repacks, the 2 vaders, Bib Fortuna, madine, and the Han AT-ST. I left behind a Snowtrooper, Jawa, and Tusken Raider.

This was at the SAginaw Target, there was at least one other box I didn't have time to look in, and I'm not sure what was in it, but my budget was already maxed out yesterday.

Also can anyone help me find a battlefront scout trooper?
Willing to trade or buy.

Reaction score
Re: Target

well first off i got the dvd set yesterday at the flint tru for $34.99

then ran into gamestop to get battlefront and the lady told me that they only recieved 3 scout figures but she would check in the back.

she went to the back and came out with the display model of the biker scout,so i got that version what is sweet about that is i can display it anywhere.

also found no new figures what so ever

Reaction score
TRU

Looks like someone cleaned out the OTC figures from the Madison Heights TRU this morning. They had nothing yesterday, but today they had a lone Lobot and then just the Dagobah wave and a few other common ones. Nothing I needed for 2 for $7.

Reaction score

i have good news and bad news. i just got back from the pontiac toys r us where i found and bought all of the six new OTC carded figs from the new bib fotuna / madine wave along with the hoth vader and slave leia- no scanning trooper. there was a bunch of the cloud car pilot wave left but the bad news is that i picked up the last of the new figs except for that other new vader. i also was able to buy them at 2 for $7.00.

Reaction score
Found a whole bunch of OTC figures at the Meijer on Middlebelt and 96 in Livonia this morning. They had a few Tuskens, Snowtroopers and Jawas as well as a number of other basic OTC figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.