more finds in the great lakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i thought it was time to start a new thread as philip asked to not exceed 500 posts in one.

i stopped by lakeside meijers and not only did they not have ANY star wars, the guy working the section said they wouldn't be getting anymore in this season. anyone else have this happen at any other meijers?

Philip: This thread was continued from "The New Michigan pt 2".

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the guy who told you that was either a moron or screwing with you because he doesn't like collectors. Some Meijers have reset their isles recently and have added space for VOTC and unleashed.

Reaction score
nagauthier said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the guy who told you that was either a moron or screwing with you because he doesn't like collectors. Some Meijers have reset their isles recently and have added space for VOTC and unleashed.
yeah that's the thing. this meijer had already reset with no space for star wars at all. it was just plain odd.....

Reaction score
well you meijers has no figures' my meijers has figure's but jack them up to 6 bucks a piece to maybe that means meijers will drop the line from there stores.

Reaction score
El Zippo in Brighton today. P f'n U

Where's Dagobah?

Where's Luke?

Where's Waldo?

Coop...you didn't get any extra Lukes did you?

Reaction score
Both Targets have reset isles in Kalamazoo. Both had 2 cases each of the Ben, Leia, Han cases of VOTC. Both had TIE Fighters and X-Wings, West Main had Unleashed Obi-Wan and Leia as well as 12 inch Stormie, Luke and Green Fett. I bought nothing.

Reaction score
Nothing new at either Commerce Twp or White Lake Wal-Marts, nothing new at Commerce Twp Meijer either. Commerce Target has a bunch of galactic heroes, the falcon that goes with it, a bunch of OTC x-wings and ties and VOTC Han, Ben and Leia.

Darrin-- I didn't snag any extra Dagobah, but I'll keep my eyes open for you. I have a feeling we will be up to our @$$es in OTC once they are hitting regularly. Remain calm O' Comedian of Brighton. The Dagobah wave shall be yours soon!

Reaction score
Finally found something today.

GR
28th and K'Zoo Meijer had 3 each of VOTC Han, Leia, Kenobi (no Luke) and a handfull of VOTC Bespin wave, 1 CCP, 2 Lobot, 2 Leia Bespin.

Reaction score
Swimming in OTC you say? Hope springs eternal. In all of the stores I've hit over the past month, I've yet to see even -one- OTC fig on the pegs. Feels like 2003 all over again.

Reaction score
Saw a frsh case of unleashed today at White Lake Wal-Mart. I don't collect unleashed, but it was the one with red clonetroopers in it. I think there might have also been Chewie and a few others that I didn't bother to look at. As of 10 am, the case was untouched on the floor near a pallet.

Reaction score
NOthingVI TRU had el Zippo
as did
Meijers, Target, and Wallyworld in Wixom/new hudson.

NoFind city.

dammit

Reaction score
Stopped at Mad. Hts TRU...
Plenty of OTC ships (Vader's TIE, Falcon) and a few Ask Yodas. No single OTC figs. No VOTC. Did have a single Luke XWing Unleashed.

Reaction score
I was in Grand Rapids last night and went to Targets on Alpine, 28th, and 54th. There was a ton of everything but basic OTC. And no VOTC Luke. I'm starting to think VOTC Han and Ben might end up clearanced out afterall. They've started to warm pegs. Miejer on West Main in Kalamazoo has had them for a few weeks and they're not selling that well.

Reaction score
tru by lakeside has one each of the votc vader and yoda. i left them because the cards inside the shell had small bends in them. but they are there if anyone else wants them

Reaction score
Here are the places I struck out today:

White Lake Wal-Mart: nothing except 1 bent red unleashed clone, Luke,& Chewie
Pontiac TRU: nothing
Summit Place Target: almost done with reset, lots of VOTC Han, Ben & Leia. Still ots on clearance including Justice League Javalin for $9.99 and 12" JLA figures for $9.99

Waterford Meijer: nothing

Looking for: OTC Greedo & handstand Luke, JL Ultra Humanite, LOTR Gates of Mordor set

Reaction score
Taylor Target had Unleashed Leia's....and the Leia cups.....finally

Reaction score
Today I found the long-awaited Unleashed case featuring Bossk, Aayla Secura, and Tusken Raider. They can be found at Warp 9 in Clawson. You will pay more for them, but there are those that don't mind paying the extra buck, so save your complaints. They are $25.95 each. All three of them look as good as the pictures you may have seen.

Reaction score
faith4ever said:
Stopped at Mad. Hts TRU...
Plenty of OTC ships (Vader's TIE, Falcon) and a few Ask Yodas. No single OTC figs. No VOTC. Did have a single Luke XWing Unleashed.
They still had all that yesterday too.

Meijer and Wal*Mart along Hall Rd. had nothing new this morning. The Meijer did reset their action figure aisle. Its now twice as long

Reaction score
Walmart in Kalamazoo is overflowing with 2004 Saga. Tanus and J'Quill sitting on the front of the pegs, same place they were the last time I was there almost 2 weeks ago. Pretty much everything but the Generals wave in over abundance. Meijer on W. Main had remnants of a case of OTC Bespin as well as 4 VOTC Bens and 3 Hans. Also enough Sidious and Luke Unleashed to clog the clearance section for months as they inevitably will. TRU got a truck, absolutely nothing on it. Sigh.

Reaction score
At about 1:30 today the TRU in Madison Height had a case of the VOTC including two Lukes (1 when I left).

Reaction score
By the way, not a Michigan find but it may give us hope... on Tuesday I was in Mansfield, OH on business and stopped at a Target. They had the following OTC :
[ ] - #01 - Luke Skywalker - Dagobah
[ ] - #02 - Yoda - Dagobah
[ ] - #03 - Spirit Obi-Wan Kenobi - Dagobah
[ ] - #04 - R2-D2 - Dagobah
[ ] - #05 - Luke Skywalker - Pilot(R)
[ ] - #06 - Luke Skywalker - Jabba’s Palace(R)
[ ] - #07 - Han Solo - Flight To Alderaan(R)
[ ] - #12 - R2-D2 - Tatooine Mission(R)
[ ] - #13 - C-3PO - Death Star Rescue(R)
[ ] - #14 - Boba Fett - The Pit Of Carkoon(R)
[ ] - #15 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - ANH(R)
[ ] - #16 - Stormtrooper - Death Star Chase(R)
[ ] - #17 - Wicket The Ewok(R)
[ ] - #18 - Princess Leia - Bespin
[ ] - #19 - Cloud Car Pilot
[ ] - #20 - Lobot
[ ] - #22 - Greedo(R)

They also had a OTC Darth Vader but I'm not sure which one. Unforntunately, I could only pick up 4 (Dagobah Luke, Dagobah R2, Lobot and Cloud Car Pilot)

Reaction score
TRU by Lakeside today had a bunch of all 3 12" VOTC dolls and 1 lone, beat up Unleashed Leia.

Has anyone found a 12" Boba Fett that does NOT have a messed up scope on his helmet? All the ones I've seen so far have been bent and/or twisted.

Reaction score
Kalamazoo Target on W. Main still has everything but basic OTC this morning. It doesn't look like they've sold a single VOTC this week. K-Mart also has nothing.

Reaction score
I found the OTC Dagobah Luke and R2-D2 at the Meijers in Howell. Also, found the OTC Yoda at the Meijers in Livonia.

Reaction score
Taylor Miejer had OTC today...Yoda, Luke (Dagobah), Obi-Wan, Chewie, Artoo, Luke (X-Wing) & Han Solo....What a great way to start out a crappy day of work!!

Reaction score
BillFreelyShow
No the figures I got were the only OTC they had.

Reaction score
The Pontiac TRU has the re-released Buddies including Yoda, R2, C3PO, Chewie and the Ewok for $4.99 ea....most of the other typical OTC including the 12" figs.

Reaction score
hello peeps in a few minutes iam going to do a run of saginaw. so if anyone needs figures pm me within 20 minutes. lata peep playa's.

Reaction score
well peeps just got back from saginaw here's the results

saginaw tru:found a jedi coucil 2 set. had quite a few unleashed hans.

saginaw target:had votc 12" grey suit boba x2,luke x2,and stormie x2, also had figure cups on clearance for 6 bucks.

saginaw walmart:had about 50 hoth troopers.

saginaw meijers: nothing.

Reaction score
Made a bit of a run today on the way home...
KMart, 59 & Cass Lake - 12" Lukes and 1 VOTC Ben
Pontiac TRU - 12" Storm, Luke; Jedi Scene 1; OTC Buddies; one J'Quille (which now resides w/me
); OTC Ships galore
Roch Hills Meijers - Same old stuff
Roch Hills Target (Roch/Auburn) - Couple VOTC, no Lukes.

Reaction score
Lansings west side, yesterday: TRU- Lots of Han and Sidious Unleashed. OTC Falcons, X-Wings(old and new), regular TIE's and Vaders TIE. Tons of the various Council Scenes (old and new). Lots of the Bossk/Dengar wave. OTC Bubbies.

And across the street at Target: Repack Unleashed Jedi Luke and Slave Leia (2x Leias left). VOTC up the ***! Ben Kenobi glass and Slave LEai glass both on clearance for 'round six bucks. OTC Falcon for six or eight bucks cheaper than TRU.

ST. Johns Wal*Mart now has the VOTC. Plenty of the first wave MINUS Luke (still 3x Leias left).

Reaction score
There wasn't SQUAT to be found at Gibraltar Mt. Clemens today. Except I bought a 12-pack of Sharpie markers for $2 from some asian guy in the outside area. He had a whole box full of packs.

Reaction score
I checked out that brand new Meijer that opened on the 3rd in Rockford (about 15 miles north of Grand Rapids) and you'd think they would have all OTC and VOTC since the store was completely stocked from scratch in the last week. Nope. Mostly old Aayla and Yoda/Padawan Saga figures. Though they did have a row of VOTC Han, Ben, and Leia. Yet to find a Luke.

Reaction score
I was going to mention the same thing that Snowmaker did, that Gibraltar in Mt. Clemens at the card show today had absolutely nothing.

Meijer at 13 and Little Mack reset their toy aisles, but no basic OTC to be found. They did have a few VOTC including one Luke which i left behind since i have one.

Toys R Us at 13 1/2 and Gratiot had only two VOTC figures (Han and Obi). No ESB VOTC to be found. They also had the buddies and plenty of them.

For those that saw my last post about the new Unleashed figures at Warp 9, i thought i'd let you know that i didn't buy any of them. I was just posting that i found them. Someone decided to email me wondering why i paid $85 for all 3. I didn't buy one, but if i really liked one i wouldn't mind paying extra for it.

Anyone planning on going to Wizard World Chicago this weekend? I'll be there on Friday and looking very forward to it. I hope that i score one of those exclusive Luke as Stormtrooper busts.

Reaction score
I'm going to Wizard World on Sunday....I also hope to obtain the bust......I'm still P.O.'d I didn't get one last year. (as long as I get the Quintin "Kill Bill", and the Ren & Stimpy "Firedogs" I'll be happy)

Reaction score
i won't be going to wizard world, but i am going to chicago the following weekend. but anyone that's going that can pick up a master replicas obi-wan mini con exclusive would be greatly appreciated. i'll through some extra just to make it worth your while

Reaction score
I went to the Target in Southfield on Saturday and along with the normal Leia, Han, and Ben VOTC I found a OC Ben and OC Stromtrooper in the VOTC Blister pack. It looks like someone did the old switcharoo unless someone knows something that I don't. Too bad they did not replace the figure with a R2B1 or something else I need.

At any rate, they also had the OTC ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.