More Articulation for The Last Jedi figures

Reaction score
Back in the 80s, all SW action figures were 5 POA, so it wasn't an issue - the playability was the same for all characters. Hell, there was even 0 POA Ewok figures from the preschool line, and those worked fine as toys. What I'm referring to is the cost of the articulation on characters without action roles to save money - which is why 5 POA were brought back - a cost saving measure. The more POA, the higher the pricepoint. I'd rather Hasbro deliver a nicely sculpted 5 POA background character for $8 in the basic line, compared to the same character in the TVC 2 line, which is likely going to cost close to double. A prime example, one of my most wanted OT characters - Sim Aloo, I'd happily buy him in the basic line instead of the SA line, because he doesn't need to be dynamically posed. The SDCC presentation revealed a great Emperor figure in 5 POA which works perfectly well in my opinion, and satisfies my desire for sculpt over articulation.

Reaction score
yes, Vintage didn't have much articulation. Which was one of the reasons I and other gravitated towards G.I. Joe more. I love my figure as a kid, but even back then i knew they were inferior in that regard. Trying to reenact a scene, and all they did was have their arms straight sown or out. When sitting, always straight out. It felt like playing with statues sometimes. The sad thing is, they didn't adopt more than the 5POA til long after I became an adult.

I'm not saying do way with 5POA, it's obvious people like it. But does that mean do away with the SA line?

Reaction score
As a kid, imagination was just as important if not more than articulation, so I never considered 5 POA inferior to GI Joe. I liked both lines, and appreciated each for what they were. I still have vintage Kenner figures with my modern collection - both the SA lines and 5 POA lines - they all mesh in my opinion.

As for what Hasbro does with these two lines, it all depends on sales, and without TVC 2 out yet, its hard to tell how well it will do because we don't know the pricepoint. TBS is $13 at WM, and its expected to take a leap, so that worries me as to the viability of a line that will be at least half repacks. The basic line will contain the majority of new characters from each movie though, so I don't see much changing from TBS to TVC 2. Whether adding a few POA to some basic figures will make much difference...I doubt it. I think most of the consumers buying the basic line will continue to do so - based on two factors - pricepoint and character selection.

Reaction score
"More articulation on the Last Jedi Figures" - guess not! (Who started this dumb thread anyway??)

Reaction score
Could still happen. We've only seen one wave and not even loose. Not holding my breath though. Hasbro might have thought about adding articulation in their regular/5POA/movie line but recent Q&As tend to confirm they'll save them for the new vintage collection.

Reaction score
Well the people at jta will be happy now that they have an excuse to be angry.

Reaction score
I read at toyark during the con, that the new articulation will be swivel points for the standard line.

Reaction score
Yep, as others stated, no bueno on more articulation so I probably won't buy any of these and wait until next year's return of vintage to see if some of the characters are made in SA form. At least the helmets on figures are removable this time around. Sadly, Asty died in FA so the liklihood of getting him in 3 3/4" form without a helmet sculpted onto his awesome alien face will be extremely low I imagine. He's always been high on my want list and if Hasbro could have at least gave him a removable helmet the first time aound I could have head swapped him with the SA Black Series Poe. Instead they committed the biggest action figure blunder of all time, make a cool looking alien that you cant see, ****ing stupid.

Reaction score
They revealed another Abednedo pilot named C'ai Threnalli for TLJ. Might be a figure of him down the line.

Blue helmet deco instead of Asty's yellow but - not to sound space racist - they do look similar otherwise.

Reaction score
They revealed another Abednedo pilot named C'ai Threnalli for TLJ. Might be a figure of him down the line.

Blue helmet deco instead of Asty's yellow but - not to sound space racist - they do look similar otherwise.
Good to know. If that happens I will get him regardless of helmet design. I really just want a version of that alien where you can see the entire face as I really like their design.

Reaction score
No more articulation but certain robes, helmets and jackets are sculpted separate pieces which look a bit better than one big sculpted block. Also makes it easier for customisers.

Reaction score

the term is spracist