More Area Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
At Mr. Curto's request, here we go.

I actually saw new saga today. One Bib and one Barada. I left them both at Target for $6.99.

Reaction score
Carkoon Wave Saga

Found the entire Carkoon Wave at Fields Ertel Target this morning. They still have a few Baradas, Boba Fetts and Bib Fortunas left, but no Han, Leia or Chewie.

Reaction score
Re: Carkoon Wave Saga

Here is some bad news for any of us who live on the north side of town. Tri-County Toys R Us is closing. I spoke to a girl there today, who said their last day open will be Feb 28th. They are the only ones in the Cincy area who will be closing.

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Buddha said:
Here is some bad news for any of us who live on the north side of town. Tri-County Toys R Us is closing. I spoke to a girl there today, who said their last day open will be Feb 28th. They are the only ones in the Cincy area who will be closing.
This sucks! I work over in Evendale at the GE plant and love going over there at lunch to hit up wal-mart, target and TRU! Man this sucks! But You had to know it was coming, that location is just so . .. . . thpppt! crap.

Oh well, I never really found much at TRU anymore to be honest.

Reaction score

If it helps, I have a hook-up at a Dayton-area TRU. He isn't into SW but would help me track down stuff if anyone needs things.

Reaction score
Hoth wave scored at walmart

found the hoyh wave at walmart so if you want them be on the look out.

Reaction score
Re: Tri-County TRU

Just to let you all know the Tri-county TRU is marking the barcodes of every product you buy.

I went last night and picked up some extra stuff for my collection. I asked if they would please not mark the packageing and I got a "It is store policy, because we can't do returns."

No amount of pleading on my part changed their mind. So the 10% off is nice if your going to open.

Reaction score
Re: Tri-County TRU

darthzabu said:
I went last night and picked up some extra stuff for my collection. I asked if they would please not mark the packageing and I got a "It is store policy, because we can't do returns."

That sucks if you buy an item there, go home and realize the product is defective, another TRU cannot accept it as a return, according to what I heard on TV..Anyotherwat TRU can sucker someone out of $$. If the store wasnt closing then you CAN return a defective item to another TRU if nessessary.

Reaction score
Saga Hoth Wave

Found the entire Saga Hoth Wave at Otoh Gunga this morning. They still had a couple Snowtroopers, Rieekans and AT AT Drivers left. By the way, I prefer the $5.88 price point. All those pennies count when you are talking about 50+ figures for the year!

Reaction score
Re: Saga Hoth Wave

I'm looking for any AT-AT drivers.

I have only seen half of this wave twice. I have seen Veers, Snowtrooper, and Bren, but that is it.

Reaction score

I haven't seen seen any Hoth wave here yet. But, we do have an individual or two who are bending down the upper left hand corner of the package. Nice, huh...

BFA

Reaction score

I've been seeing the danged "Bent left upper corner," too... That sucks.

Reaction score

Yeah, I have seen that too. I am an openner so I don't mind if the card is damaged, but it really makes me bad to see that because I kow that some people want them mint on card. I am sure the [censored] at Turtle Creek does it so you have to go to him for mint on card.

Reaction score

I dont see a point in keeping modern stuff moc, seems like people think it will be worth more down the road, but that s just my thought

so glad im a opener

free your figures, join the revolution

Reaction score

like the vintage, at sometime the modern won't be modern

I have 1 carded and 1 loose (if new scuplt in part or full)

Reaction score
MOC

Just thought I would throw my two cents in.

I like my collection carded because I want that feeling of when I was a kid and the toy section was sooo big. Except this time it is rows and rows of different figures, and they are hanging everywhere.

Now I do have some open that I play with, but nothing beats that "WOW!" from people when they see my toy collection for the first time.

Dang, I still have kids next door that try to find a reason to see it again.

That’s what I like about the hobbie, but I don't expect everyone to do the same as me.

Back on Topic: Is Meijer expecting a big load of figures? They have tons of pegs ready...but no figures.

Reaction score
Re: MOC

I like having my collection open for the same "wow!" Most of my figures are in dioramas and the others are lined up on shelves. This display makes it so visitors can see almost an entire line. It is cool to see 6 shelves packed with Simpsons figures. I have to admit that the VOTC figures look pretty cool carded and hanging on the wall.

A year and a half ago, when my apartment complex was burning down, one of the firefighters actually grabbed a few of his buddies to meet "the guy who had the Star Wars room." It was rather flattering, but the last thing on my mind. Fortunately my unit was saved.

Reaction score

Most of the time, I end up buying two figures anyway. One to open, one to keep closed. You never know what will end up being rare, like the short saber/long tray variants a few years back. I know the Traders World guy. He can be diffucult at times. I usually buy elsewhere but I do chat with him to find out what he knows. I don't like his little toadie that hits all the stores and gobbles up the good ones for him. He needs a swift kick in the...

As for what's hitting stores, I haven't seen any substantial quantities but a scattered few here & there. Mostly Hans and Bib Fortunas.

BFA

Reaction score

I haven't seen any of the Hoth in the Cincy area at all... has anyone else recently?

Reaction score

I haven't seen any since the very first couple. I hit a Wal-Mart today that had NO Star Wars figures.

Reaction score

So far, I've only seen the Hoth wave that one time last Thursday. However, most stores when I have been out will either have some of the Carkoon wave or nothing at all.

Reaction score

I saw all the Hoth figures at Wal-Mart, unfortunately it was in Georgetown, Ky. They had at least 5 each of that wave.

BFA

Reaction score

Any updates? Anyone else in the Tri-State Area see anything from the Hoth wave? I still haven't seen anything, although it looks like a majority of the 1st wave can now be found a-plenty.

Reaction score

ive seen about 7 cases over a coupkle walmart stores

over different weeks

was able to pick up some variations for people at kswcc as hoth has been pretty plentiful

bring on wave 3

ds

Reaction score
Re: Hoth Wave

Hey BigFatA**,

I stopped by the Walmart in Western Hills and they are overflowing with the Hoth wave. It is the first time I have seen this wave. I also saw the choppers, all the Transformer (BTW, I hear they are coming out with a combiner of Han and Chewy that forms the Falcon), and some of the smaller Titanium that I haven't seen before.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score

I saw some of the Hoth Wave this morning at Geonosis. They only had Major Derlin, General Veers and General Rieekan, but there were 5 of each.

Reaction score

whats up with posting reports?

new unleashed sets are out and they rock!

i know some guys have found them in the area

you that lurk should post if you find something even if you bought the last set or them all, at least others know they are out and in the area.

use the codes or not any info is better then none

the thing is you and i know your in the stores, your posting on the net, so be part of the team

bring on wave 3 of saga, even though im only buying 3 of the figures from that wave

they still loook great

good luck and god bless

DS

Reaction score

Found and bought 2 of the new Clone Wars Gunship Titanium series at the Lebanon Walmart.

They also had at least one of each of the Hoth wave, minus the elusive Lord Vader. Picked up an At-At Driver and an R2.

Reaction score

awesome fsm

i have been seeing a lot of those new titanium ships as well

even the white tie fighter

ds

Reaction score

I really haven't seen much of anything. Most of the stores I am hitting now have a lot of half the Hoth wave. I have never seen Vader. I do think the new titanium ships are awesome.

BFA

Reaction score

I hate to ask... but would anyone mind sending me the code names for the different stores? I just moved here from Wisconsin about two months ago... I'm not a scalper or anything... I just don't know where the heck you guys are talking about. Any help would really be appreciated!!!

Also... I don't shop at Wal-Mart, because of political / whatever reasons (I just don't think it's a good thing to shop there) so has anyone seen any of the Hoth wave at somewhere other than Wally World?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Re: Hoth Wave & Unleashed

I saw part of the Hoth Wave and Unleashed Wave 2 last night at Fields Ertel Target.

Reaction score
Re: Hoth Wave & Unleashed

Since tomorrow's my birthday, I'll be able to check out what's there. I haven't bought any figs in a while, I've been kinda busy with school, and wrestling (Lakota East Finally Beat Fairfield! w00t!)

Reaction score
Geonosis Wave and More

Target at Fields Ertel has most of the Geonosis Wave (Yoda, C-3PO, Sun Fac and Poggle the Lesser). There were also quite a few of the new unleashed, force battlers, titanium series and the customs.

Reaction score
Re: Geonosis Wave and More

sean_hensley said:
Target at Fields Ertel has most of the Geonosis Wave (Yoda, C-3PO, Sun Fac and Poggle the Lesser). There were also quite a few of the new unleashed, force battlers, titanium series and the customs.
Thanx for the heads up Sean. I went to Ridge Target this morning and scored BIG
on the Geo wave. Bring on the Coruscant wave! BTW my clone troopers legs came a little "Sideways" kind of that they were trying to do a split from the knees down. Scorch is awesome, though I wish he had at least knee articulation. Will customize another. Sora Bulq is cool too, same thing with Scorch, no knee articulation (at least he has ankle articulation though)& Sun Facs armor looks awesome.

BTW Im sorry for not posting as much anymore. For some reason there at work there is an Admin Block (because it considers this site ART) for rebelscum. For those of you that are network challenged that means that I every time I try to access this website I receive a message stating that I cannot.

Peace.

Reaction score

I have actually stopped shopping. I have been hitting different stores everyday and I have been seeing nothing empty pegs. I actually work near Fields Ertle and I hit Target and missed everything. I am sick of wasting my time. I am going to walk through the toy isles when I am out picking up soda and the like but I am no longer going "toy shopping." It is a waste of my time and gas. If anybody knows who has the best prices and timely shipping online, I would be happy to hear.

Reaction score

Neither do I Buddha. I just stop at stores that are literaly on my way to work. Since I go in at 8:30am I have time to stop at walmart at7am when they open & I have a Meijers & biggs by my house that I check every other day. However I am readily awaiting a new walmart supercenter that will open 5 min from my hose sometime in spring. I guarantee that I will be there every night. Good luck & I will keep an eye out for you.

Reaction score

Lots of the Hoth wave at the Tri-County Target this morning. No more Vaders though.

Still looking for the rest of the Geonosis Wave. I found the Weequay Jedi, Sora Bulq at the West Chester Target and am looking for Scorch and Sun Fac.

Status
Not open for further replies.