Monroe/Ruston Collectors

Reaction score
LOL, not too expensive. 180 for the knives and 70 for the scabbards. When is the new nabbo 4 pack suppose to come out? Its one that I'm intrested in getting.

Reaction score
Went by Monroe Wal-Mart this morning. Nothing new in the Star Wars section except for more VOTC Obi, Han, and Leia, and the OTC lightsabers on the highest shelf.

In the ML section, I saw 2 Blades and a Nick Furry. Don't know if you guys have these or even want them...but since I was looking I thought I'd mention it.

A new case of G.I Joe 3 packs w/ comic book were put out.
Got myself isuue #3.

One week left...hope they put out some NEW merchandise this weekend.

Reaction score
Went to TRU yesterday.
No new Vintage figures...

One red variant Unleashed Clone Trooper.

Anyone else calling in sick tomorrow?

Reaction score
LOL...Start by practicing your best "raspy" sick voice or tell em you've got the squirts......

Target had the newst wave of Unleashed (Tusken, Bossk, Aayla) however the box they came in must have been sat on or kicked. Every one of them had a bent/creased card. Good for openers.

Reaction score
What????????

Damn that's sad

I'm bout to go get my copy. I wonder who has the best deal?

I went by Monroe Walmart last night to see if the had any new figs. They had the floor display of Falcons and VOTC Han Luke Ben Leia...and not much else.

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again...Wal-Mart suxs!
Not only did they not have any new figs...they hadn't even put the dvd's on SALE ($47.99 sug retail). Hello...most anticipated DVD release IMO. Monroe Walmart was also sold out of the widescreen version in the dvd section( bet they had a display up front).

Target has it for $45 and they have plenty of widescreen versions. They also had the good business sense to put out a new case of figs. Lobot, Bespin Leia, Cloud Car Pilot, Wicket, Boba, etc.

Reaction score
the WM Wal-Mart stocked crap loads of new figs. The dvd figs too. Price on the dvd was like 42.

Reaction score
Damn...the early bird doesn't necessarily get the worm!

Hope everyone has enjoyed the DVD's as much as I did.

What figures were included in the crap load they put out?

Reaction score
Great site.
Your LOTR display is most impressive as well as your sword collection. Your Shinto era sword made me drool...

Are you going to post your star wars collection soon?

Reaction score
I picked up the Tusken Raider unleashed at target for 12 something. One of the coolest unleashed imo.

Reaction score
Awesome, I've been looking for Tusken and Bossk.

Anyone been by Target in Monroe? Is the Star Wars sale any good? I haven't been by in a while...I'll probably hit all the stores Saturday.

Reaction score
Ammon said:
Awesome, I've been looking for Tusken and Bossk.

Anyone been by Target in Monroe? Is the Star Wars sale any good? I haven't been by in a while...I'll probably hit all the stores Saturday.
Re-read my post, target is where I found him

Reaction score
Ah, my bad. Did they have any VOTC besides Han, Leia, and Ben?

Reaction score
I went to Monroe Wal-Mart in hopes they would have the second wave of VOTC figures. My hopes were dashed when I discovered they had taken down the free-standing figure display and choked the regular peged section FULL of VOTC Leia, Luke Ben, and Han.

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Reaction score
With the bridge out in Columbia, and my workplace being on the other side of the Ouachita River, I decided to make a toy run today. What a bust.

Target- Their sale seems to be going good. In fact they have very little OTC or Saga figures left (yeah!!! time to re-stock). Plenty of Galactic heroes, and their AT-AT lego is only $69.99.

TRU- Looks like they restocked everyting OTC, but with little in the way of "new" for those who frequently check. Since the Y-Wing is scheduled to ship today from TRU.com...I have a feeling they may have this tomorrow or next week. They also had some older stuff...one hailfire droid and two geonosis fighters from the clone wars, and only one of my favorite collectible...The Darth Vader Talking Bank from '96.

Wal-Mart West Monore-Well it didn't take long for the DVD 3-pack to be marked down to $8. Seems they have priced marked reqular figures for $3.96 to beat target's sale, so if you can't find it at Target...this may be your place. They also have lots of Optimus Prime clearanced...but $50 is still to expensive for me.

Thak goodness I picked up my Deluxe Stormtrooper Bust from UPS or today would have been a total wash!

Hope this helps you out.

Reaction score
Yeah its been slow for SW around here. I did win this off ebay though. I borrowed the pic from another site.

Reaction score
I think I'll hit Target and maybe Walmart today...hopefully I'll find something.

Reaction score
Sweet....How many swords from LOTR does this make in your collection?

Do they plan on making Sauron's mace, helm and gauntlets?

I wish I could branch out into other lines of collectibles but my SW habit is already too expensive.

Later...

P.S. Ammon
Please post any new finds you see today cause aint no way I'm going out in this crappy weather.

Reaction score
Its funny you should mention those 3 items from Sauron becuase those same thing are being put into what UC is calling the Sauron collection. His helm is already out his gauntlet(with the ring) will be out next and then his mace will come out. Here is a list of what I have.
Strides ranger sword and scabbard
Glamdring
Narsil
Anduril
Legolas's daggers and scabbards
Uruk-Hai scimitar
and Herugrim on its way.

Reaction score
Wow! Those swords and their dispay placks look awesome.
I want some too!!! Can the blades be sharpened or would that ruin the sword?

I read some blog about the Sauron collection but couldn't find any reference to it on the web. I knew you would know something about it. Thanks for the info.

With the lack of Star Wars stuff in the area...I bought the ROTK for my x-box and a new Drizzit novel by R.A. Salvatore. Now if I could only convince my wife to let me collect those swords!

Later....

Reaction score
Here is some info on the Sauron collection for you.

The first product in the Dark Lord Sauron collection and the ultimate in The Lord of the Rings collectibles, this authentically detailed helmet is a reproduction of the helmet prominently featured in The Fellowship of the Ring, presented by New Line Cinema. United Cutlery Brands, industry leader in fine movie reproductions, has meticulously recreated the actual prop helmet using the original movie prop molds. Close attention to detail is a top priority in every piece, down to the intaglio-etched surface and corroded metal coloring that precisely match the original movie prop. This actor's scale helmet is wearable and stands at an impressive 31 inches tall. It is crafted in steel-reinforced fiberglass-resin and features a genuine leather-lined interior. Each helmet is presented with a wood display stand adorned with The One Ring inscription and a brass medallion. This adult collectible is strictly limited to 3000 pieces worldwide and is individually serialized on a solid brass plate mounted on the inside of the helmet to ensure authenticity

The second product in the Dark Lord Sauron collection, the ultimate in The Lord of the Rings collectibles, is this authentically detailed gauntlet, a reproduction of the gauntlet prominently featured in The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, presented by New Line Cinema. United Cutlery Brands, industry leader in fine movie reproductions, has meticulously recreated the actual prop, making close attention to detail a priority in every piece. This actor’s scale gauntlet is wearable and is crafted with antiqued iron parts featuring an intaglio surfacing and a genuine leather-lined interior that precisely matches the original movie prop, which has more than 30 moving pieces. The index finger bears the familiar One Ring that features a 24-K gold plated finish and engraved inscription. Each gauntlet is presented with a glass dome and wood display stand also adorned with The One Ring inscription and a brass medallion. This adult collectible is strictly limited to 3000 pieces worldwide and is individually serialized on a solid brass plate mounted on the inside of the gauntlet to ensure authenticity.

Reaction score
I forgot to answer your other question. As far as I know the swords could be sharpened. But it would be usless as these swords are not battle ready and most are not even full tang. Most of them are half tang. And it would ruin any future value. If you want a functional LOTR sword United is making a line called the museum(sp?) collection. Those swords will all be full tang and have tempered toledo spring steel blades. The downside is that there is so much work that has to be put into these that the cost will be double or even more what the current swords cost.

Reaction score
West Monroe Wal-Mart for some reason has Marvel Legends 1 and 2 on the pegs. Cap. America, Human Torch, Ripped Shirt Hulk, and The Thing.

Reaction score
LOL...Should have known.

I ordered fett, stormtrooper, and chewie last week from amazon.com.

I was able to pick up the Generals Madine, Han, Lando, at various places in Baton Rouge and Alexandria this weekend. They had plenty of them at their local retailers.

GO VOTE TOMORROW!!!

Later,
B

Reaction score
Just got my Darth Vader voice changer from Amazon.com.
Not sure if TRU has this yet... but this is one awesome toy/helmet. You should check it out.

I'm going to go hide under the carport and scare the sh** out of the wife.

B

Reaction score
Wal-Mart had the Star Wars carrying cases for 10 bucks. And I got this today at Bonnie and Clyde

THj

Reaction score
Well I never found those Marvel Legends wave 1 figures, but WM Wal-Mart sure did have waves 6 and 7 last night. A TON of brown suit Wolverines, plenty of Cables, a few of Juggernaut and Movie Punisher, and the big surprise was one Ghost Rider, one Iron Man, and a couple of Weapon X Wolverines. Looks like Wal-Mart means to really sell these suckers this holiday season, because there was a ton of them.

THj