Monroe/Ruston Collectors

Reaction score
How many people do we have here that are Star Wars collectors in the Monroe/West Monroe/Ruston area or who shop there?

Well, KB Toys in Pecanland Mall closing wasn't good for collectors. Their 3" figures were only $2.99! I picked up Durge w/ Speeder Bike for $4.99 there, too. Anyone know if a new toy store is going to open in the mall?

Reaction score
Hmm...still waiting for a new toy store to open up in Pecanland =(

Picked up Rappertoonie and General Jan Dodonna at Farmerville Wal-Mart today though

Reaction score
Ammon said:
Hmm...still waiting for a new toy store to open up in Pecanland =(

Picked up Rappertoonie and General Jan Dodonna at Farmerville Wal-Mart today though
Other than TRU there are no other toy stores.

Reaction score
Walmart WM has Luke/Jabba's Palace and R1G4 for anyonwe missing these. Looks like I'm going to have to order a case from EE if I want some new figs.

Reaction score
OTC Wave has landed at Monroe Supa Wal-Mart. Spirit Obi, Princess Leia, and Luke (jabbas palace).

Got excited at the prospects of something good left for me at West Monroe's Wal-Mart. Shouldn't have...even if they have a case in the back....which I know they do....Where are they going to put them? Tons of Hoth trooper and Imp dignitaries cloging the pegs.

Hoh Hum...maybe some other day.

Reaction score
OTC Tie-Fighter and OTC X-Wing found at TRU in Monroe.

Anyone else finding anything in NE LA?

Dice?...THJ?

Reaction score
Ruston Wal-Mart has the gold carded HOF wave.
Natchitoches' Wal-Mart was a bust.
Monroe Wal-Mart OTC Han and Chewie.

I'm done looking for a while

Reaction score
OTC Vintage found at Walmart in Monroe this morning.

OTC vintage found at Suncoast as well. These will cost you $3 more than at Walmart. Lots of Unleashed figures too... but no Leia.

OTC Vintage Millenium Falcon at TRU. At $54 I'll wait till these go on clearance.

Target....found Transformers Unicron for $14 bones.
Picked it up for a friend. 20th anniversary Primes were all gone!

THj

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I've seen most of the same OTC stuff you guys are mentioning at TRU, although it's been a while since I've been around to Monroe Wal-Mart, and of course you'll find squat at WM Wal-Mart(unless you're looking for the newest from Mattel, like The Batman or JLA, which I was not).
I thought the OTC Han looked pretty nice in person.

Oh and the half scale or whatever scale they are Master Replica Lightsabers have found their way to Suncoast in the Mall for $35-40 each, I can't remember exactly. Very nice looking pieces though. As cheap as these are, it's a wonder to me how expensive the 1:1 replicas are.

Please let me know when yall start spotting Movie Maniacs 7 and AVP figures from McFarlance too!

Nance

Reaction score
THj said:
Hey guys.

I've seen most of the same OTC stuff you guys are mentioning at TRU, although it's been a while since I've been around to Monroe Wal-Mart, and of course you'll find squat at WM Wal-Mart(unless you're looking for the newest from Mattel, like The Batman or JLA, which I was not).
I thought the OTC Han looked pretty nice in person.

Oh and the half scale or whatever scale they are Master Replica Lightsabers have found their way to Suncoast in the Mall for $35-40 each, I can't remember exactly. Very nice looking pieces though. As cheap as these are, it's a wonder to me how expensive the 1:1 replicas are.

Please let me know when yall start spotting Movie Maniacs 7 and AVP figures from McFarlance too!

Nance
Hey THj! It will be a while before MM7 comes out but AvP figs should be out this week. I am also anxious for Spawn 26. I didnt know you collected any McFarlane figures. I also found the OTC X-wing and Tie-Fighter at TRU.

Reaction score
Have any area collectors made a run by Target?

Because as of 5 pm today they are through with their reset and I found a variety of surprises.

Unleashed Slave Girl Leia (three of them to boot!)
OTC Millenium Falcon
OTC Vintage 3&3/4 (Han, Leia, Obi)
OTC Vintage 12" Grey Fett-1, Stormtrooper-1, Luke-2,
OTC Tie Fighter
OTC Ask Yoda

Plastic collectors cups were marked down a bit.

THj

Reaction score
hey Dice!
I actually haven't collected McFarlane before; my friend who used to frequent the boards as Batman bought a few MM figures a while back and I've been impressed. So I think I'm takin advantage of AVP and MM7(even though I'm not to impressed with it's lineup) to hop into the McFarlane world. Now I'll just spend the rest of my collecting days making up for lost time and buying a ton of older figures...

THj

Reaction score
THj said:
hey Dice!
I actually haven't collected McFarlane before; my friend who used to frequent the boards as Batman bought a few MM figures a while back and I've been impressed. So I think I'm takin advantage of AVP and MM7(even though I'm not to impressed with it's lineup) to hop into the McFarlane world. Now I'll just spend the rest of my collecting days making up for lost time and buying a ton of older figures...

THj
I collect all things McFarlane. I just got Scar and Celtic preds from AvP. I oredered them from amazon. I went looking for the rest today but didnt find any. They are really awesome! On a star wars note TRU and Target had loads of unleashed Slave Leias. Target was down to 2 12" lukes
I really want to get that new falcon but I have spent all of my money latley on McFarlane and my sword collection.

THj

Reaction score
How much are those things going for at Wal-Mart right now, cause when I spotted them at Target this afternoon they were $10 a pop, pretty steep for a 3 3/4 inch figure, I'd say.
Visited the mall, TRU, and Target while I was out---nothing worthwhile at any of the three I'd say; the MR mini-sabers were all gone from Suncoast video and the AVP figures don't seem to have hit the area yet. Did see the Alien and Predator refresh figures at TRU, including the non-bloody Predator variant, first time I've seen those there. That's about all from today.
Later

Nance

Reaction score
The $10 ones are the VOTC the otc are just retro style carded figures and they are normal price.

THj

Reaction score
ooooh oops

Well for anybody interested, I found the AVP figures this morning at Pecanland Mall. Only one solitary figure(Grid Alien) in Gamestop, but there was an entire brand-new case of figures(now minus one Celtic Predator heh heh) in Suncoast Video. And they must have just come is, the Celtic I grabbed didn't even have a price tag on it yet, the girl at the counter had to call the manager to get a price for me. BAD looking action figure, pretty good articulation(VERY good for McFarlane), and plenty of awesome accessories. A bit pricey at $12.99, but nice.

Nance

Reaction score
THj said:
ooooh oops

Well for anybody interested, I found the AVP figures this morning at Pecanland Mall. Only one solitary figure(Grid Alien) in Gamestop, but there was an entire brand-new case of figures(now minus one Celtic Predator heh heh) in Suncoast Video. And they must have just come is, the Celtic I grabbed didn't even have a price tag on it yet, the girl at the counter had to call the manager to get a price for me. BAD looking action figure, pretty good articulation(VERY good for McFarlane), and plenty of awesome accessories. A bit pricey at $12.99, but nice.

Nance
Thanks for the tip. I'll head out there sunday.

Reaction score
TRU, Suncoast, Spencers, and Gamestop all had AvP today. Spencers had the 12" Alien and Predator. WM Wal-Mart finished the fall reset and had tons of votc figures. TRU and Suncoast also had the new LOTR figures. I picked up Shelob and she is great! Big too.

THj

Reaction score
Well I just found brown-suit Wolverine and movie Punisher at West Monroe Wal-Mart. Held off on the Wolvie to try and find one with better looking claws... but he's a fine looking figure. Never have been too excited about that Punisher; I was really hoping to find Cable, Deadpool, or Juggernaut, but no dice(um no pun intended
)

THj

Reaction score
THj said:
Well I just found brown-suit Wolverine and movie Punisher at West Monroe Wal-Mart. Held off on the Wolvie to try and find one with better looking claws... but he's a fine looking figure. Never have been too excited about that Punisher; I was really hoping to find Cable, Deadpool, or Juggernaut, but no dice(um no pun intended
)

THj
LOL! Its good to hear the new MLs are showing up. I'l be heading to wal-mart tomorrow maybe they will have put some more out.

THj

Reaction score
Well, I ran by Pecanland Mall today(or I guess it was yesterday now...), and the mall itself didn't offer many finds. The AVP figures were all but completely gone at Suncoast, and I didn't think to check Gamestop.
TRU had a TON of ML 6 figures... all of which were movie Punisher
They did have the FF set however, and it looked pretty nice.
TRU also had plenty of Ozzel, Bossk, Dengar, Holo Luke, Dutch, OT 12inchers, etc. if you haven't picked these up yet.
Nothing at Target.

THj

Reaction score
Picked up some OTC figures from West Monroe Walmart yesterday...I stared at the Saga pegwarmers for a five minutes, then saw the OTC display-thing they had set up with the Galactic Heroes, OTC, and OTC carrying-cases. Grabbed Bossk and IG-88. Probably would have gotten some other stuff too if I had had time to dig through them, but its harder when they're not on pegs.
I saw Yoda, R2-D2, Tie Fighter Pilot, Jedi Luke, Dagobah Luke, and some others. I haven't been out in a while and was excited to see these

Suncoast was dissapointing. Wish they didn't stick stickers on the few things they do have.

Reaction score
And this is a little late, but about a month ago I found two VOTC Yodas and a VOTC Luke at Monroe Toys "R" Us
I only have a VOTC Yoda left though...I sold the other two

Reaction score
Those look real nice....and expensive too!

Bet I would find it hard to keep from taking them off the wall and chasing the family pet around the house.

TRU has the endor 4 pack.... and they moved the Star Wars section to where the Batman stuff was. I hope they are anticipating alot of merchandise for the 21st.

Keepin an eye out....
Brian