Momaw Nadon #031

Sev

Reaction score
Rehash? I hope not, but knowing Hasbro...... I'm not really looking forward to this figure but I know some of you are!

*title*

Reaction score
Re: Hammerhead: Cantina Denizen

Please don't tell me your going to start a thread on EVERY single rumored figure!

Wait until at least HAsbro confirms them.

This figure is a waste anyway, we already have 2 versions of him, he has 5 seconds screen time and I really can't see any improvments being made or that need to be made.

Reaction score

stylie_steve said:
Please don't tell me your going to start a thread on EVERY single rumored figure!

This figure is a waste anyway, we already have 2 versions of him, he has 5 seconds screen time and I really can't see any improvments being made or that need to be made.
Are the vintage and POTF2 the 2 you refer to? If not was there another modern version that I missed?

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Are the vintage and POTF2 the 2 you refer to? If not was there another modern version that I missed?

[/QUOTE]

There was a Saga repainted version for the cantina deluxe sets.

This will be a repaint unfortunately...

Reaction score

Army_F_Body said:
stylie_steve said:

He was released twice since POTF2:

POTF2 and SAGA (he came with a bar section).

GNT

Reaction score

Maybe they'll give a new paint application or some new articulation (shoulders and elbows)? Have to wait till pictures to turn up before saying it's a bad thing, don't forget some of the old POTF figures that were reissued in the OTC line had a new paint job and they turned out fantastic.

Reaction score

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that "Hammerhead" doesn't mean "Momaw Nadon". Maybe it will be this guy:

I doubt it will, but that's what I'm hoping...

GNT

Reaction score

I don't think he appeared in the Cantina

Reaction score

Yeah, my bad, I just noticed that... I'm still hoping its not Momaw Nadon though.

Reaction score

I don't know guys it might be a new sculpt. The Bib Fortuna's a new sculpt. I have a fondness for this figure since it's one of the first vintage figures I owned as a kid. I made him a "bad guy" and spent COUNTLESS hours having him battle Luke and Han. I'm holding out hope that it's a new sculpt. The POTF2 mold has got to be like 10 years old by now.

Reaction score

How many figures is a character who had 2 seconds on screen need? One was enough, 2 was overkill, 3 is ......... I don't know what 3 is, but there wasn't a need for it.

Reaction score

If it's a resculpt (like with more articulation) I'll definitely pick up a few. Hammerhead has always been my fav alien from the cantina.

I don't think I need another re-paint though.

Sev

Reaction score

stylie_steve said:
Nope not all of them.
Just givin us something to talk about.

Reaction score

Where is Darth Anton to tell us that "reliable sources" say that this will be another repack?

Reaction score

Billy_Ray said:
Where is Darth Anton to tell us that "reliable sources" say that this will be another repack?
It really wouldn't bother me if it was. I wouldn't have to buy it that way, plus the POTF2 sculpt still holds up pretty well.

Reaction score

CommanderRedd wrote:
Don't say the word rehash! You'll jinx it!

Rehash ... rehash ... rehash .....

[/QUOTE]

I saw that comming a mile away from you Rayne

The POFT2 sculpt is good, but we already have it. I like oranges, but don't want to eat them for every meal.

Reaction score

I think will be the SAGA 2002 Cantina Packs version, that's quite good... Is not super-articulated, but has a good mold and paint deco. Don't you think?
Then, if Hammerhead is a re-issue (that version) there's one more possibility to get a re-sculpt of the Garindan. Well, I prefer it...

Reaction score

i really dont what they could do toi him for a new version.
and though i like him happy with the one we already have, theres others i would prefer to be covered.

Reaction score

Darth_Anton said:
Billy_Ray said:
Actually, the informed sources says that he's a new sculpt!
Who (from where) are the informed sources?

Reaction score

DarthTagnan said:
Darth_Anton said:
Billy_Ray said:
From another sight that this site will not alow anyone to mention. Look for a PM.

Reaction score

From another sight that this site will not alow anyone to mention. Look for a PM.

[/QUOTE]

Sssh! You'll disappear in the night like the others!

Reaction score

Darth_Anton said:
Billy_Ray said:
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

The Saga 2 line is going to be good.

Reaction score

I was hoping he was a rehash so we could get that
BIG GUN again !!!

Reaction score

Since its named "Hammerhead" maybe it a homage on the vintage version. A modern shaped figure with orange/blue outfit.

Reaction score

Impossible.

Whoever wrote up the list just dosen't know Momaw Nadon, or prefers Hammerhead, and dosen't realize the Cantina aliens go by 'Patron', not 'Denizen', which applies to only a few of those from Jabba's Palace.

Reaction score

Darth_Anton said:
DarthTagnan said:
Darth_Anton said:
Billy_Ray said:

It's not that I don't believe you...but how in the world could this site prevent you from referring to another site? People constantly refer to other sites on here.

Oh well, time will tell on who is indeed a repack or not. I hope that Hammerhead is not one of them, but at the expense of having other figures (i.e. ANH Han and Luke, Endor Confrontation Luke) be repacks instead...I wouldn't mind a repack of Momaw Nadon.

Reaction score

RS Report:

"It’s interesting that Hasbro would choose to go with this character’s classic name instead of the silly Expanded Universe name used on previous releases. With that in mind, maybe we can all forget the outlandish notion that he was a rebel with a green thumb. Considering he’s going to be completely resculpted, he deserves to be remembered as the villain he was always meant to be. "

Hammerhead has always been my favourite Cantina alien. I'm glad to see he will now get the treatment he deserves.

And for the record, I've always called him "Hammerhead."

Reaction score

I still would have prefered a new alien to a resculpt of Hammerhead who we already have 2 off. This guy only had a few seconds screen time and hes going to have 3 figures (4 if you count the vintage).

Really not needed IMO, Evazan is much more in need of a resculpt than Hammerhead so I don't know why Hasbro choose this one.

Reaction score

stylie_steve said:
I still would have prefered a new alien to a resculpt of Hammerhead who we already have 2 off. This guy only had a few seconds screen time and hes going to have 3 figures (4 if you count the vintage).

Really not needed IMO, Evazan is much more in need of a resculpt than Hammerhead so I don't know why Hasbro choose this one.
I agree completely. Hammerhead, or the POTF2 to be specific, is IMO one of the few POTF2 which have stood the test of time quite well. I don't think we needed a new version, not this soon anyway, but I suppose Hasbro had to crank out a new version at some point so whether it be now or later we were going to get him regardless.

I'll definitely be looking forward to him and to picking him up though

Reaction score

I want another Hammerhead and have thought it was due to make him again. Yeah he was on screen for a short period of time but he is one of the coolest aliens.

Too bad its not an animated hammerhead from the Clone Wars. That would totally kick.

GNT

Reaction score

I'll pick him up if his completly new.

Reaction score

i still dont know what else they can do to him?
and he is one of the ones i think is good enough already.
but ill take an update.

and yes it has always been hammerhead and snaggletooth to me.

Reaction score

Yay, we are getting a newly sculpted Hammerhead!!! Screw Momaw Nadon retarded [censored] name anyways!! Hammerhead is back ladies and gentlemen!!!

GNT

Reaction score

Momaw Nadon is a name, Hammerhead isn't anything more then just nostalgic factor because the character didn't have a name when he was being made in the 70s - honestly it's lame and very unoriginal. Like if Hasbro released a hoth trooper with the name "Brown suit artic ice fighter" instead of Hoth Trooper.

Reaction score

To me he will always be hammerhead. Nostalgia I guess.

Reaction score

When I watch ANH, and I see the "Ithorian" on-screen, I immediately think "there's Hammerhead!" Luke gets attacked by Walrus Man. Couldn't West End have come up with a better name than "Ponda Baba?" In the Jabba's Palace scenes, I see Yak Face and Tooth Face, not "Saelt-Marae" and "J'Quille," who sounds like a basketball player. When I look at the figures, I think the same thing.

I don't think every single background character in the Star Wars films needs to be given a name and a backstory.