Moff Jerjerrod #040

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
I snuck in an Easter egg into one of the pictures...see if you can find it!
Would that be the McQuarrie Stormtrooper hiding amongst his "canon" brethren during Vader's arrival?

Reaction score
Darth_Rayne said:
Mr Curto said:
I snuck in an Easter egg into one of the pictures...see if you can find it!
Would that be the McQuarrie Stormtrooper hiding amongst his "canon" brethren during Vader's arrival?
heh heh

Reaction score
I don't understand the cartoony-type face paint on this figure...those eyebrows make him look too angry.

Oh well...I guess Hasbro thinks the figure's boring and wants to instill some personality.

Reaction score
Picked up Jerjerrod today at Wal-Mart. Not very thrilled with Imperial Officers but I bought him anyway. I fixed his wide-leg stance with a little boiling water.

Reaction score
PizzatheHut said:
Picked up Jerjerrod today at Wal-Mart. Not very thrilled with Imperial Officers but I bought him anyway. I fixed his wide-leg stance with a little boiling water.
I'm not into customizing, but that sounds like a good idea. What exactly did you do?

Reaction score
Jangodo said:
PizzatheHut said:
I'm not into customizing, but that sounds like a good idea. What exactly did you do?
Boiling the figure to manipulate the plastic is pretty common in customizing circles. I simply submerged the figure in very hot water, squeezed the legs together, then submerged the figure in very cold water to "set" the legs. Sometimes the new position doesn't last but so far so good.

Reaction score
That stance is so damn annoying I don't know if I want this figure. The facial sculpts looks nothing like him either.

Reaction score
Blight said:
That stance is so damn annoying I don't know if I want this figure. The facial sculpts looks nothing like him either.
Just picked 'im up (had to go to a different state's WM to do so) this weekend, and I have to disagree. The face looks a lot like Jerjerrod - just a very, very angry Jerjerrod...

If it wasn't for the stance, he'd be great, IMO. And I'm not beyond boil-and-setting the legs to take care of that...

Reaction score
Hey PizzatheHut ! I tried the boiling thing and now Jerjerrod looks so much better! Thanks for the tip, it really was an improvement.

Reaction score
Only for the fact that I'm absolutely not going to pass on a character I've been waiting to be made for years no matter what he ended up like I would pass on this figure...if that makes any sense.

Its a let-down for me. The wide stance is ridiculous as is the face sculpt. If he'd looked like that when greeting Vader on the Death star II Vader would have killed him where he stood. Why oh why did they make him look so p*ss*d off??

Reaction score
I saw the figure today, the first sign of the Endor wave that I've found (at TRU no less). The likeness isn't that bad, it does look like the actor, it's just an exaggerated facial expression. The mouth and eyes are right-on it seems but the eyebrows were just overkill and so it throws the whole presenatation off.

I didn't even know the stance was so bad because the packaging hides it but seeing that picture made me laugh. Not a figure I cared if I got or not because he's boring (just another Imp officer IMO) but that spread eagle pose just kills it.

I'm not one to normally nitpick that much at these figures, but my lukewarm feelings let the cynic take over in this case.

I'm wanting a Gunner though. And Threepio. And the Ewok. I hope Target or WM starts getting this wave in soon.

Reaction score
Devo said:
Why oh why did they make him look so p*ss*d off??
Maybe he's angry about being demoted? In the original story outline he was intended to be the next Grand Moff and had authority over Vader like Tarkin before him. This changed though and he became a plain old Moff in the movie. I'd scowl, too!

Reaction score
I only bought one to keep carded, but personally I like him. Perhaps if I would've opened him I wouldn't though...

Reaction score
the thing i noticed is that the paint on the face looks a lot less realistic than the paint on general veers. veers looks a little more flesh-tastic, while the JJ seems to capture that plastic sheen. anyone else notice this?

Reaction score
Yeah, he got Jack's eyebrows in toy form

For the plastic sheen, I think they cast the head in flesh-tone plastic, while Veers was cast in Imperial Gray with the skin painted on.

And for the legs, maybe the clear-rubber-band thing will work? Seems to do the job with my VTSC Luke.

Reaction score
Re: Moff Jerjerrod

The legs are too far apart. Just like Cody. It makes the figure look shorter than the other figs.

Reaction score

iceman95 said:
The legs are too far apart. Just like Cody. It makes the figure look shorter than the other figs.
Read up above in the thread, I boiled the figure and pushed the legs further in and now it looks a lot better.

Reaction score
Toonimator said:
For the plastic sheen, I think they cast the head in flesh-tone plastic, while Veers was cast in Imperial Gray with the skin painted on.
bah, well i hope they stick with the veers style from now on. everyone knows all the imperial officers are pasty looking british types, not beach bums!

Reaction score

Jangodo said:
iceman95 said:
Read up above in the thread, I boiled the figure and pushed the legs further in and now it looks a lot better.
Is it a permanent fix or will you have to use that trick again in the future?

Reaction score

TK_842 said:
Well, it's been 24 hours and it still looks good. I wish I had taken before-and-after photos, but I didn't think to...

Besides, even if it is temporary, the worst that will happen is that it will go back to the way it was before.

Reaction score

Now that I've finally managed to get Jerjerrod's legs right so he'll stand up withoutt the aid of his stand, I don't mind the wide stance. At all. He's perfect, IMO.

Reaction score

he's a good figure, i have to admit, i'd just think he'd have done better with his legs close together like ROTS Tarkin or Veers. the wide stance just doesnt work for officers. i wish i had enough money to buy him with the other endor figures when i was at wal mart...

Reaction score

Jangodo said:
TK_842 said:
Well, it's been 24 hours and it still looks good. I wish I had taken before-and-after photos, but I didn't think to...

Besides, even if it is temporary, the worst that will happen is that it will go back to the way it was before.
you could always take after pics... i think we all pretty much know what the before looks like

Reaction score

Well, I got the Moff last night at WM, and I'm actually very pleased with the figure. Of course, his arms easily fall off at the elbows...

Reaction score

I picked up 3 at WM today, the only Endor figure they had (and only one I've got). All will be modified -- one into a black-outfit Imperial, the others will have some facial features tweaked to make a better Jerjerrod and another random officer. Gotta dig out some of those rubber bands for the legs!

Reaction score

You were lucky,Toon.All my W*M had was 3 Palpatines,stupid useless POS.

Reaction score

I got Moff last week at Walmart. I left 2 Palpatines...nothing could make me buy one of them!! Moff is pretty good.

Reaction score

DELuke said:
You were lucky,Toon.All my W*M had was 3 Palpatines,stupid useless POS.
I completely forgot about Palpatine! I'm shocked he wasn't there now that I think of it. I think there were two other Jerjerrods there, maybe only one... I didn't wanna clean the WHOLE place out

Got a plastic band on the legs of one already... I may boil & pop the legs & swap 'em with my extra Veers for a bit of variety. It strikes me as funny that Hasbro used Ozzel's legs on Jerjerrod bodies for Yularen, Cass, Tagge, and Bast in the DS Briefing Room pack. Did they realize how widely-spaced Jerry's legs were, you think?

Reaction score

I got him today and like all Imperial Officers, hes one of my favorites. After the Imp Officer 6 pack, we really only need Needa and an update on Piet.