Moff Jerjerrod #040

Reaction score
Re: Moff Jerjerrod

Well I'll buy him,and I don't dislike the figure, I love Imperials.

But I have to agree his face sculpt leaves a lot to be desired. I had high hopes for him after the last three great imperial likenesses (Ozzel, Tarkin, Veers) but it'slooking like they ended up somewhere on the negative side only slightly better than Piett.

Reaction score

PSB81 said:
Well I'll buy him,and I don't dislike the figure, I love Imperials.

But I have to agree his face sculpt leaves a lot to be desired. I had high hopes for him after the last three great imperial likenesses (Ozzel, Tarkin, Veers) but it'slooking like they ended up somewhere on the negative side only slightly better than Piett.

For POTF2, I thought Piett was perfect.

Reaction score

Good grief what happened to his face in a month?

The prototype looked so much better..now he doesn't even resemble the actor. I don't even know if I want one now for my diorama. Piett, Tarkin 1, and Veers still have the best facial sculpts when it comes to impies.

This is just ridiculous
What the HELL happened to this figure? Thumbs down.

Reaction score

the sculpt is vastly improved now that i look at these high rez images. he used to have a pretty deformed face, but this figure has a pretty good likeness. nothing really wrong

Reaction score

Loki said:
Good grief what happened to his face in a month?

The prototype looked so much better..now he doesn't even resemble the actor. I don't even know if I want one now for my diorama. Piett, Tarkin 1, and Veers still have the best facial sculpts when it comes to impies.

This is just ridiculous
What the HELL happened to this figure? Thumbs down.
It's nothing like the actor but it's still a great Imperial Officer sculpt. Would make a great army builder i think.

Reaction score

I can't wait to get this figure.

I love Imperial officers. I simply love them!

That sounds freaky.

Seriously though-the problem with Hasbro is-is that they can never get a uniform Officer's uniform-they keep changing-which makes our life difficult if you want a standard Imperial officer uniform.

Reaction score

While the uniforms all look the same, the different officers have different body builds. Reusing the molds means giving them all the same chest and torso, etc.

Reaction score

Even the cut & texture of the uniforms is different from figure to figure. The only two that worked well together were POTF2 Tarkin & Piett. Motti had a separate skirt, so he differed a bit... Ozzel had texture & a very light color... the POTJ Officer was just plain wrong (given he represented the black-clad ANH officers, who wore black officers' uniforms rather than jumpsuits), Veers had the funky angles on the tunic front, as well as being a new texture (more like the smooth plastic look of the POTF2 Imps), and now Jerjerrod who's also different.

I hope we get more Imps down the line, and that there'll be some consistency.

Reaction score

Kooshmeister said:
Just a minor pet peeve, why does everyone say skirt? it's the bottom portion of their tunic, not a dress.
From Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary:

skirt:
1. a free-hanging part of an outer garment or undergarment extending from the waist down

It is not necessarily a feminine garment. In fact the word skirt is derived from an old Norse word for shirt. Skirt as the lower part of the tunic is appropriate. In fact, one of the definitions of tunic is a short overskirt.

Reaction score

I still like the figure and I'm happy to buy another imperial officer.

Reaction score

eleavitt2000 said:
It is not necessarily a feminine garment. In fact the word skirt is derived from an old Norse word for shirt. Skirt as the lower part of the tunic is appropriate. In fact, one of the definitions of tunic is a short overskirt.
Bah! Okay, I'll concede. But I'll still never say "skirt" in ref. to their tunics.

Anyway I find it amusing to read through these threads and see how the opinions change from our first look at the prototype figure to the publicity shot of the figure, to the actual carded pics. At first everyone is all "Wow, best ever!" then there's a collective "This sucks!" and finally people are pretty evenly divided on it.

Reaction score

I believe that this figure will be availiable from June/July-so pretty much any time soon!!!

Reaction score

Tatooine's still around, and it's still early in its run... I think we'll see H&V2 (Greatest Battles) before Endor.

But we'll get a nice good look at Comic-Con

Reaction score

Darth_Rayne said:
S_A_Longhorn said:
That's one angry Imperial Officer! Did he appear in ANH or ESB?
Nope ... just ROTJ.
well, thats only half true, as in the SE version of ESB the officer who greets vader on the Executor is an unused outake of ROTJ, so thats Jerjerrod with new lines dubbed over him....

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
Tatooine's still around, and it's still early in its run... I think we'll see H&V2 (Greatest Battles) before Endor.
I was thinking that too, but some are starting to surface on Ebay in hand so I don't know anymore. Perhaps they'll start hitting at the same time.

Here is one auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Moff-Jerjerrod-Wave-6-in-hand-now-no-pre-order_W0QQitemZ140004334627QQihZ004QQcategoryZ101609QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Saw another listing in CA....

Reaction score

I think we'll start seeing these around Comic Con maybe a little after. This one should be really cool.

Reaction score

THe Endor wave has hit R2Dtoys i believe. It shouldn't be long before it shows up in US stores too.

GNT

Reaction score
Some new pictures up here

SAGA 040: Moff Jerjerrod
Bio: A capable but arrogant officer, Moff Jerjerrod commanded the second Death Star during its construction. His first priority was to complete the powerful superlaser, which was used to destroy several key Rebel cruisers and nearly turned the tide of the battle. He perished when Rebel ships managed to detonate the space station's reactor core.

Reaction score
UPDATE!
I just added a new cardback photo, as well as the details that were too blurry to read earlier.

SAGA 040: Moff Jerjerrod
Oversees: Construction of the second Death Star
Reports directly to: Darth Vader
Promises: To redouble efforts
Bio: A capable but arrogant officer, Moff Jerjerrod commanded the second Death Star during its construction. His first priority was to complete the powerful superlaser, which was used to destroy several key Rebel cruisers and nearly turned the tide of the battle. He perished when Rebel ships managed to detonate the space station's reactor core.

Reaction score
Save those clear rubber bands, kids! Hasbro's Perfect Generic Officer has only one major flaw, his legs are too widely spaced! POTF2-style! The rubber-band trick's worked great on my VTSC Lukes.

His minor flaw: enough with the E-11 Stormtrooper rifles! Give him a BoShek blaster, cast in black!

Reaction score
It might just be my figure but Moff looks very constipated...He has a very sour facial expression!..

Reaction score
Sithmatic said:
It might just be my figure but Moff looks very constipated...He has a very sour facial expression!..
Was going to pick this figure up, but upon seeing it last night the facial expression threw me off. He looks like he is trying to be seductive, maybe I'll pick up on second sight.

Reaction score
His wide stance is a bit annoying but that won't stop me from buying one.

Reaction score
He does look kind of weird but I still love the figure! Can't wait to find one.

Reaction score
I just opened mine and is that leg stance ever wide. I actually took the rubber band that comes with 3p0 and used it around his ankles to pull the legs together a litte.

Reaction score
I'm glad they finally made a figure of Jerjerrod. The wide stance doesn't bother me so much as the scowl he's got on his face. Also, is it just me or does it look like his head sticks out from his body a little too far?

GNT

Reaction score
His legs should be closer together but I dont care to much, for what we're getting its worth it.

Reaction score
I got this today! I too wish the legs were closer so it didn't look like he was rocking back and forth. It's not an exciting figure, but it looks great and Imperial figures are some of my favorite. If you can't find him, he's definitely worth redoubling your efforts for.

Reaction score
GNT said:
His legs should be closer together but I dont care to much, for what we're getting its worth it.
i picked this guy up yesterday, and i wasn't too thrilled about the wide leg stance either. as a solution, i've noticed it's fairly easy to get his right foot to stick between the E and D in the JEDI on the stand, and this makes his stance a little more normal. hope this helps people!

Reaction score
Got my Jerjerrod today at Wal-Mart! Boy does he ever look pissed! The wide legs don't bother me too much unlike most people. He stands up just fine with his stand and looks good alongside my other Imperial officers.

Reaction score
Moff Jerjerrod joins our Photo Archives today:

not a very exciting figure, so I snuck in an Easter egg into one of the pictures...see if you can find it!