Moff Gideon - #***

GNT

Reaction score
Yakface has a carded picture up of the Vintage SA Moff Gideon figure and it looks top notch.

Thoughts on this figure?

Reaction score
It's too bad they went with a plastic cape, with how well-articulated the figure is otherwise, but it still looks great.

Reaction score
I saw it. The hard posed cape looks bad though. Remember TVC Grievous's cape. It was two toned and cloth.

Reaction score
Yeah. Not in love with the cape. I read somewhere somebody didn't like the darksaber but not sure what was wrong with it? I like everything elae about it. I am just glad they are actually making more Mandalorian TVC figures.

Reaction score
Everything about the character looks great to me, I'm assuming we might get some paint apps on the Darksaber that will make it look a leeeeettle more screen-accurate.

Reaction score
I saw it. The hard posed cape looks bad though. Remember TVC Grievous's cape. It was two toned and cloth.
Yes, remember those cloth capes. Not so common anymore, unfortunately. One of the things I don't like about TVC these days. Sometimes you get one, like on the TLJ Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master); other times you don't, like on the TLJ Luke Skywalker (Crait). Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. :confused:

Reaction score
I watched Presumed Innocent a few days ago, but I'm still not seeing Raul Julia in the headsculpt like I've seen people say. It looks like a pretty solid likeness of Giancarlo Esposito to me.

Reaction score
All over this like a rash! Looks fantastic! Time to start army building those carbonised deathtroopers and stormies 😊

Reaction score
This is as pretty as they can make ‘em. I’m definitely all in.

Reaction score
While a great looking figure i feel he probably deserved a SG's cape to plastic. I also feel the Darksaber could have been done slightly better by using clear plastic like the Sabers. I'll be curious to see what the custom crowd comes up with.

A definite buy for sure though!

bac

Reaction score
Moff Gideon pre-orders

Amazon

Hasbro Pulse

Target

Reaction score
Has anyone actually been able to pre-order one on Pulse or is their site bugged? Second it went up for pre-order I add one to cart, go to check out and it says they're all sold out.

Reaction score
As soon as he went up on HP, it was sold out. :(

But I got him on EE. I've been ordering everything on EE these days. Just easier. A buck more, yeah, and the shipping's nuts. But I got one. (y)

Reaction score
Getting this and the Armorer through Pulse was definitely a hassle, and took some persistence. At first i thought it was going to be easy like with the ARC troopers set, then it quickly went downhill because of the inventory issue. Finally got them ordered when it was fixed but definitely a sweating moment.

Reaction score
I was able to order everything (2 new TVC and the retros). Other than figuring out how to really continue shopping it wasn't too bad.

Reaction score
Is the first time like forever that a new character was introduced in TVC before TBS? Usually it's the other way around.

Reaction score
Getting this and the Armorer through Pulse was definitely a hassle, and took some persistence. At first i thought it was going to be easy like with the ARC troopers set, then it quickly went downhill because of the inventory issue. Finally got them ordered when it was fixed but definitely a sweating moment.
Nothing on HP has been as simple and easy as it was with the ARC Trooper 3-pack. Boy, did they do that well.

Reaction score
I really hope the final product looks comparable to the promo shots, cause the promo shots look amazing on this figure.
He's releasing in December, so I'm going to assume that in-hand figure they showed for a few seconds is the final figure. He looks so good. :love:

Reaction score
December release? Part of the Rogue One Vader wave then? Trying to figure out which new reveals will be standard/wave releases and which will be exclusive/solo releases. I'd rather not order doubles as i have most coming waves on PO already.

Reaction score
December release? Part of the Rogue One Vader wave then? Trying to figure out which new reveals will be standard/wave releases and which will be exclusive/solo releases. I'd rather not order doubles as i have most coming waves on PO already.
The Rogue One Vader wave is Vader, Rex, Gideon, the Armorer, and a not-yet-announced Beskar Mando.

Reaction score
Is the first time like forever that a new character was introduced in TVC before TBS? Usually it's the other way around.
No. Zorii Bliss, the Knight of Ren only TVC has, Sith Jet Trooper, Remnant Stormtrooper, Fives, Echo and Jesse just from the last year. I know some of those aren't technically "characters" but I think they still count at least as far as figures TVC had first.

We could also count the Power Droid. I only didn't mention it earlier because I doubt TBS would get that figure for a long time.

Reaction score
No. Zorii Bliss, the Knight of Ren only TVC has, Sith Jet Trooper, Remnant Stormtrooper, Fives, Echo and Jesse just from the last year. I know some of those aren't technically "characters" but I think they still count at least as far as figures TVC had first.

We could also count the Power Droid. I only didn't mention it earlier because I doubt TBS would get that figure for a long time.
Clearly I was wrong lol

Reaction score
Clearly I was wrong lol
There's a lot of product so it can be hard to remember everything sometimes. lol

I think there's definitely an improvement in the ratio in terms of both TVC and TBS getting different figures first. TVC has had some in the last year before TBS and vice versa. Before it was definitely mostly TBS getting certain figures first.

Reaction score
I don't know about TVC Moff Gideon figure. I am a huge fan of TVC line but I'm not excited about the figure. This is probably going to be the first time I say this but I might want to see how Hasbro handles Moff Gideon in the 6" Black Series line before I buy the 3.75" version. The overall look of Moff Gideon and the Darksaber might be better in the 6" line.