Moff Gideon - #TM08

Reaction score
Until I see something in the show which makes him worthy of being posed with the Darksaber, it's going in another figure's hand.

That said, I'm glad we're getting Moff Gideon. I hope he remains a credible enemy and Disney / LucasFilm doesn't make a buffoon out of him (*cough* Sequel Trilogy *cough*).

Reaction score
Looks pretty much the same as the earlier revleaed TVC. Here is, yet another, hope that figures will be just upscaled ( or downscaled for you TVC collectors ) as they already have the 3d files

Reaction score
I think the face of the 6” figure has a slightly better likeness than the 3.75” figure. Is it close to being perfect? Nope, not at all.

But I think I prefer the 6” Moff Gideon over the 3.75” Moff Gideon by a smidge. I’ll probably buy the 6” figure and pass on the 3.75” version.

Poor Giancarlo Esposito.

Reaction score
I'm not sure which of the two faces we see, is the worst?
I will get this figure though, as @TK_171 almost says: Their promo shots have gone from being the best presentation of the figure to something on the other end of the scale.

Reaction score
I like the loose pic of the head sculpt than the in box pic. Also I am sure they will tweak the head sculpt once he gets released. These are only early production photos.

Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes these promo photos don't do the final figure justice.

But for now, it's looking like Giancarlo Esposito is giving Diego Luna and Oscar Isaac a run for their money in the "Disney-Era Actor Done The Most Disservice By Hasbro" competition.

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen an accurate Hasbro promo shot in the last 8 years. They're usually too photoshopped and (strangely) lit in a way that does not favor the photoreal. To me, the photos just serve to verify a figure is coming and the accessories it'll have with it.

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Darksaber and I'm wondering if the blade is removeable like the other lightsabers in the Black Series 6" line.

Reaction score
He looks pretty good to me. The plastic cape is gonna be a pain in the butt, though. Seems it's just attached at the back

Reaction score
In package I'm getting a Scottie Pippin vibe.

Out of package seems a bit better, but I'm seeing Salvador Dali a little bit, sans curly stash.

I'll get it if I can find it, as long as the actual release has a better likeness than these promo shots

Reaction score
In package I'm getting a Scottie Pippin vibe.

Out of package seems a bit better, but I'm seeing Salvador Dali a little bit, sans curly stash.

I'll get it if I can find it, as long as the actual release has a better likeness than these promo shots
Hah! I see that too, now :D spot on.

bac

Reaction score
Pre-order is LIVE at Amazon!

Full case at EE

Full case at Dorkside

Reaction score
Pre-order is LIVE at Amazon!

Full case at EE

Full case at Dorkside

Man, Amazon seems to be going the scalper route with Black Series now, $3 up charge on all the latest releases.

Reaction score
Was able to nab a Moff Gideon on Pulse. Given what a dumpster fire Friday's preorder was I almost didn't bother, but the order went right through this time.

Reaction score
Man, Amazon seems to be going the scalper route with Black Series now, $3 up charge on all the latest releases.
I believe that's the new MSRP, it's only a matter of time before Target and Walmart adjust their tags too.

Reaction score
I managed to get all 3 preordered on Pulse for $19.99 each. If everyone goes to $22.99 standard price, that will probably be it for me.

Reaction score
I believe that's the new MSRP, it's only a matter of time before Target and Walmart adjust their tags too.
Hasbro Pulse is selling for $20, BBTS is selling for $23, EE is selling for $21, the later two which have always charged a slight markup.

Reaction score
i set an alarm on my phone and Hasbro pulse actually sent me an email with a hyper link straight to Gideon earlier in the day, so right at 3:00 i was able to pounce and checkout all within the matter of a minute.

i also just locked in an Amazon pre order for him aswell, so im stoked. the force was with me today :geek:

Reaction score
The cape reminds me of the Second Sister more than anything and I actually probably liked the one on her better than all the other plastic capes.

Reaction score
Put Cad Bane's hat on him, and you got Kid Creole, more or less :) or a pimpdaddy character - slap on the fur from the Range Trooper - voila! :cool: :LOL:

Reaction score
Placed a preorder on this guy in one of our local online sellers. I agree that the eyes aren't the best, but I liked Giancarlo Esposito and I like Gideon so I'm taking a chance.

I'm wondering what I could do with the robe though. I can't find rickhor in Ebay anymore (I went on a collecting hiatus for three years) which is a shame.