f3223f238d2e6af2ac2d3474146a6448.jpg
e9f40a905fe613a9f6c7f74cc5270d5c.jpg
d4080c0a6590865f325a39228bfd507b.jpg
f820859efb725b7183da1720a931d69f.jpg
3616c04ca080a1411e1217a33f2cbeee.jpg
d0e802850edc9c418794f513ea453cf4.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
It looks to be a fairly accurate representation of the actor who plays the character. But that bored to tears expression. Wow.

Reaction score
Oh look, more Mando products.

I see GG are also flogging to death the 3D Legends Boba bust. This time in overall black paint app.
Book of Boba busts too.

Reaction score
Pre-ordered.
The sculpt is okay, but I really love the character and glad we're finally getting a mini bust of him.

Reaction score
The likeness is spot on but the facial expression they went with is odd. Naturally.

Reaction score
Man they really struggle with a human likeness haha, although of course this is nothing new. Looks pretty coooool though!

Reaction score
why do all their human likenesses recently look to be bored to death, totally dead inside? Ahsoka and now this? I mean they can't sculpt anything with some other expression besides bored to death?

Reaction score
That face sculpt looks like a blow up of a 3 3/4" action figure, better than Dooku's, but not of a supposed to be high end $120.00 collectible. GG's quality is at an all time low.

Gentle Giant and Hot Toys

Another example of a bust, where the production piece is so much lesser than the prototype. And, compared to a Hot Toys sculpt (or sculpts of the character by any other company!), the bust really looks like nothing more, than a blown up action figure. And yes, I know it might be more difficult to sculpt a visage in polystone but the quality level of DST/GG busts is at an all-time low level now, it's not even surprising, more and more people quit the line. Once a great line, now mainly a great disappointment.

Reaction score
Another example of a bust, where the production piece is so much lesser than the prototype. And, compared to a Hot Toys sculpt (or sculpts of the character by any other company!), the bust really looks like nothing more, than a blown up action figure. And yes, I know it might be more difficult to sculpt a visage in polystone but the quality level of DST/GG busts is at an all-time low level now, it's not even surprising, more and more people quit the line. Once a great line, now mainly a great disappointment.

GG had no issue sculpting great human likenesses a few years ago...

Reaction score
I think there were some issues with human likeness before DST came into the scene. Sculpts like the Slave Leia and Hoth Leia mini busts and the Obi-Wan General statue presented likeness/mold issues. There were some great sculpts like the Slave Leia statue, the armless Dooku mini bust, the Mace Windu mini busts, the EP III Obi-Wan mini bust, etc., but human likeness in general hasn't been GG's forte over the years in my opinion. That said,, the aforementioned issues were never as frequent nor likeness was off as much as it is today. I would say that rather than to improve the facial human likeness of GG sculpts, DST have worsen them, besides a bunch of other sculpt issues they have added to their releases.

Reaction score
Got mine over the weekend, I'm not super impressed with this one. Don't love the pose, don't love the face... cool character that should have been far more menacing in mini-bust form.

Reaction score
I think there were some issues with human likeness before DST came into the scene. Sculpts like the Slave Leia and Hoth Leia mini busts and the Obi-Wan General statue presented likeness/mold issues. There were some great sculpts like the Slave Leia statue, the armless Dooku mini bust, the Mace Windu mini busts, the EP III Obi-Wan mini bust, etc., but human likeness in general hasn't been GG's forte over the years in my opinion. That said,, the aforementioned issues were never as frequent nor likeness was off as much as it is today. I would say that rather than to improve the facial human likeness of GG sculpts, DST have worsen them, besides a bunch of other sculpt issues they have added to their releases.
The ones you mentioned had all great prototypes Sith_apprentice. The "Slave Leia" prototype was absolute perfection in every way (man, would I love to get my hands on that prototype)! And look at what we ended up with! I wonder, why it's so difficult to bring the perfection of a prototype, to the production pieces. Other companies manage to do so! Even in polystone, they're able to make great likenesses. I have Dawson-Ahsoka on pre-order, as well as Endor-Leia. These too had absolute perfect likenesses! I'm already dreading how the production pieces will turn out... And, when you have to dread for the quality of a 120/130 dollar piece, whenever you're unpacking one of these, is it so difficult for DST to understand why more and more people quit this line? Bring back quality to this line, and these will sell like hot buns. Keep holding on to mediocrity, and more and more customers will slip through your fingers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The ones you mentioned had all great prototypes Sith_apprentice. The "Slave Leia" prototype was absolute perfection in every way (man, would I love to get my hands on that prototype)! And look at what we ended up with! I wonder, why it's so difficult to bring the perfection of a prototype, to the production pieces. Other companies manage to do so! Even in polystone, they're able to make great likenesses. I have Dawson-Ahsoka on pre-order, as well as Endor-Leia. These too had absolute perfect likenesses! I'm already dreading how the production pieces will turn out... And, when you have to dread for the quality of a 120/130 dollar piece, whenever you're unpacking one of these, is it so difficult for DST to understand why more and more people quit this line? Bring back quality to this line, and these will sell like hot buns. Keep holding on to mediocrity, and more and more customers will slip through your fingers.

I'm so hoping that Endor Leia ends up looking as good as the prototype. Only time will tell, I guess, but one is to wonder how it will turn out to be. If Leia comes out as good as the prototype I'll be the first one to praise it. It's really sad having to criticize what they are doing most of the time, but there is really not much room for anything else. I can't be blind nor accept what degrades a hobby I've been in since 2003, and through my criticism and that of others like you, people that care to point wrong things out, my only hope is that one day they get back to be the shiny company on top of the hill they once were. If we remain silent nothing will ever improve (not that we are being heard much), but I rather fail trying to make them see what's wrong than pretend everything is peachy and say nothing.

Reaction score
I'm so hoping that Endor Leia ends up looking as good as the prototype. Only time will tell, I guess, but one is to wonder how it will turn out to be. If Leia comes out as good as the prototype I'll be the first one to praise it. It's really sad having to criticize what they are doing most of the time, but there is really not much room for anything else. I can't be blind nor accept what degrades a hobby I've been in since 2003, and through my criticism and that of others like you, people that care to point wrong things out, my only hope is that one day they get back to be the shiny company on top of the hill they once were. If we remain silent nothing will ever improve (not that we are being heard much), but I rather fail trying to make them see what's wrong than pretend everything is peachy and say nothing.
I'm with you on that one Sith_apprentice. There is praise, when praise is deserved. And there have been some very nice statues lately, such as "Cellblock Leia", and the new Stormtrooper. So, DST/GG absolutely can put out items, that are on par to their (former) standards. And I rather give praise, and enjoy a new piece in my collection, then to have being critical.

But, by doing so, at least we can try make them realize, that they have to get their act together, and put out better quality, if they want to keep people interested in this line. And when they do, longtime fans of the line will gladly keep supporting it, even when the statues and busts would go up in price. Great product sells itself. Keep trying to sell mediocre products, and they 'll eventually end up on clearance, because re-sellers (and even DST/GG itself) will have to move their supplies. And I reckon, even DST would rather see their products selling at full price, then see them end up in the bargain bins, for a fraction of what it did cost to produce them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can someone who received this bust post a pic with other existing busts? If the scale is off or the face is horrendous, I'm cancelling my order.