Modern bubbles yellowing?

Reaction score
I've not been on here for a while but I had a rather unpleasant discovery today...

I fitted glass door inserts to my KALLAX display shelves to keep the dust off my collection and discovered that on one of my VOTC figures, the case and bubble had started to yellow :mad:

It wasn't one of the ones that was on display either - it was one in the middle of a stack behind those on display, so hardly receiving any light at all. The ones above and below it were fine too, as were the ones on display.

So is yellowing a common thing with VOTC and VTSC cases and bubbles?

I've also got some TBS6 figures on display so what about these? Mine are all currently fine, and in GWA cases which claim to block UV.

But has anyone had the plastic windows in their TBS6 boxes yellow?

Will the glass doors help reduce any future yellowing?

Reaction score
​It happens......the plastic is not the best quality. In my collection, even storage pieces, have the same problem.

Reaction score
Have there been any examples of TBS6 boxes suffering or is this a bubble/clamshell only problem?

GNT

Reaction score
You can't stop plastic from yellowing, it'll happen regardless as the plastic breaks down.

I had some older POTF2, POTJ and Saga figures with Yellow bubbles but no modern Vintage figures yellowing just yet. :(

Reaction score
Correct, let's remember that these are toys meant to get opened, played with, and be discarded after a few year,s not Sideshow, Gentle Giant or other type of real collectibles that are priced accordingly.

Reaction score
Well I opened up the clamshell and the bubble inside actually looked pretty good still. I've sold that figure now (without clamshell) as I display mine in the clamshells. Fingers crossed the others don't go the same way...