Model Kits- Bandai, Fine Molds, Revell, etc

Reaction score
I might be in a position to pick up a SMT Millennium Falcon model. It's pricey, but this is a rare addition to my collection.

Reaction score
My Revell red Resistance A-wing came in on Monday. Apart from the paint job and the pilot being painted this time, its exactly the same. Its got the same sound effects too. I've been watching this on ebay and noticed the price going down over time. I ended up getting it when after shipping it was $32. I can live with that, as when these were released they were bout 20 bucks.

View media item 395397
View media item 395398

Reaction score
Anyone has any news about new kits from Revell ? I took a look around and there's nothing for Ep9... I would have loved a kit of the Mandalorian ship!

Reaction score
Anyone has any news about new kits from Revell ? I took a look around and there's nothing for Ep9... I would have loved a kit of the Mandalorian ship!
I could have sworn I heard they were being discontinued. I really hope that's not the case. I would have loved a Resistance Y-wing.

Reaction score
I could have sworn I heard they were being discontinued. I really hope that's not the case. I would have loved a Resistance Y-wing.
While looking around I found they are now the official distributor of Bandai kits in Europe, but I hope they won't stop with their simpler kits too. I found the scale and relative cheapness of their sets perfect to be displayed with my figures. I don't have the space to display Hasbro ships (and I don't have the patience and skills to build Bandai models 😅 )

Reaction score
Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany
Revell USA went under back in mid 2018. What was left was bought out by Revell Germany which eventually stared up a new USA branch but the company is still kinda messed up and hasn't really recovered. They probably couldn't afford the SW license with all that going on, especially competing with Bluefin distributing Bandai in the US now.

Reaction score
Revell USA went under back in mid 2018. What was left was bought out by Revell Germany which eventually stared up a new USA branch but the company is still kinda messed up and hasn't really recovered. They probably couldn't afford the SW license with all that going on, especially competing with Bluefin distributing Bandai in the US now.
I've been looking around and it seems they still have the Star Wars license, but apparently this year they are only repacking the TLJ kits they made in 2017, and they are not making anything new. You can find them in Europe in new boxes, that look almost identitical to the TLJ boxes but have only Vader on one corner of the box.

I hope they will start doing new stuff soon, I have no skill or patience to build perfect kits so I loved their cheap and easy kits! But since they are now official distributor of Bandai kits for Europe, I think that's where they will go with SW now. Making new SW Revell Kits would create internal competion with the Bandai kits they now also sell to retailers.

Strangely Revell Germany released a lot of new kits besides this. I've seen a few new cars and planes, last summer they made a nice collection for the 50 years of Apollo 11, and they currently have a complete line of kits for the Da Vinci 500 years celebration.