Milwaukee Comic Con

Reaction score
I personally haven't been to one of these shows at Serb Hall. I talked to a couple of guys at Burnham Bowl and they said they liked it a lot. Afterwards you can go bowling because they have lanes there if they are open.

Reaction score
I personally haven't been to one of these shows at Serb Hall. I talked to a couple of guys at Burnham Bowl and they said they liked it a lot. Afterwards you can go bowling because they have lanes there if they are open.
Cool. I'll definitely check it out then. I dig the later start time too!

Reaction score
Cool. I'll definitely check it out then. I dig the later start time too!
Serb Hall may be large, but this will take place in a very small portion of it... As for the start time, it is actually earlier than Burnham Bowl, which opens at 11am...

I really hate that Mighty Con is now trying to call it Milwaukee Comic-Con. It is absolutely nothing like a comic con... Con means convention. This is not a convention. That is terribly misleading...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Comic Con is very misleading. Everybody wants to ride the success of San Diego Comic Con, but nobody even comes close. There is only one Comic Con, and it is in San Diego. This won't take up the entire building.
Like Kenbenobi said, they will only use one or two rooms if that. I would prefer it at Serb Hall because I bet the atmosphere will be better. When they had it in the winter at Papa Luigi's in South Milwaukee, it was like
a meat locker in there because they didn't put the heat on.

Off topic: While I was writing this post, the forum timed out. If somebody from Rebelscum is reading this, please increase the timeout. It is way too short. Thanks!

Reaction score
I WAS so tempted to go to that, but y'know didn't really want to just go and not come out with anything after paying admission. But Milwaukee really needs some more events or something. I don't think they even had anyone of any note there - I mean I don't mind a comics focused event, but at least do something interesting not just basically a couple of rooms with tables of long boxes and some merch or toys.

Course all conventions have to start out somewhere.

Reaction score
I WAS so tempted to go to that, but y'know didn't really want to just go and not come out with anything after paying admission. But Milwaukee really needs some more events or something. I don't think they even had anyone of any note there - I mean I don't mind a comics focused event, but at least do something interesting not just basically a couple of rooms with tables of long boxes and some merch or toys.

Course all conventions have to start out somewhere.
Where the heck have you been? We seem to run into your mom at BB when we go, but we haven't seen you in ages. And you didn't even go to the last Southridge CHG meeting...

Reaction score
Here is a new one that Steve told us about last week: Fantasticon in Milwaukee: Home

Cool , but for $30, it seems a bit steep. Isn't that what C2E2 costs?

They have a 'Browncoat Bash' on Sat which looks cool and capped at 100 people...it's $75. I'm definitely a Firefly fan, but I have to save my credits for Celebration next year.

So is anyone going to this thing?