Millennium Falcon

GNT

Reaction score
NOTE - ***This is an Episode 7 related topic, pictures are out of the episode 7 set so therefore not really a spoiler however keep in mind this thread may contain ep7 info that could spoil the movie. Please tread lightly as spoilers maybe present, if your avoiding news or pictures please leave this thread now***

So as we've seen during the week that everyone's favourite ship is currently being built on the set of EP7 and then JJ has also posted a picture of the holo chess table on set to confirm it. So with that said Hasbro will no doubt be releasing it in the next few years (late 2015/16) as they've already made a decent big Falcon a few years ago and all they'd have to do is some minor changes to reflect the new movie version.

Would you be likely to pick this vehicle up? For those that have the existing version is there enough room for 2 in the collection? Thoughts about seeing the Falcon toy possibly again?

Reaction score
So, how are we going to handle this GNT? Even if you don't go inside a thread one can still see the title of the threads when accessing the general discussion section and that is a spoiler. Can we keep the toy section as spoiler free as possible? Meaning that everything related to Ep VII to be discussed in the film section? Or can a section for EP VII toys be open separately and those like me that would like to avoid it can just hide it? Thanks!

Reaction score
A Millenium Falcon is a Millenium Falcon... not interested in acquiring another overpriced one that looks "aged".

Reaction score
I already own the "Ultimate" falcon, so no need to buy another.

IMO, if the Falcon was going to be in EP7. Then there should surely be some modification done by then. What use could it possibly be now, w/o them? It was old enough in ROTJ, I can't imagine it would be of any use 30 years later. So it should look slightly different than what we saw in ROTJ. Also, why build a new model of her, when the old one still exists? Not to mention, if it's only got a cameo or short time in the movie. Why not just use CG for it? I have to believe that if they're going to the trouble to build a scale model of teh Falcon, it's not going to look the same as she did back then.

Reaction score
Also, why build a new model of her, when the old one still exists? Not to mention, if it's only got a cameo or short time in the movie. Why not just use CG for it? I have to believe that if they're going to the trouble to build a scale model of teh Falcon, it's not going to look the same as she did back then.
Telling isn't it? If they're going to all that trouble to build it I think the old girl might have a pretty big part to play. They did say Solo would be a "major" character didn't they?
Also, looks like this wont be thew only new Falcon we will see :awesome:
TheForce.net: New Rumor Has Disneyland Getting A Millennium Falcon, Ewok Village, And More

Reaction score
As a Millennium Falcon focus collector, this is great news as it means there will be a lot of new toys around 2015/2016.

As as for the age of her, meh. A civilisation as advanced as the Star Wars galaxy would build their ships to last. Besides, some of our nations planes are still flying after 30 years.

Reaction score
As a Millennium Falcon focus collector, this is great news as it means there will be a lot of new toys around 2015/2016.

As as for the age of her, meh. A civilisation as advanced as the Star Wars galaxy would build their ships to last. Besides, some of our nations planes are still flying after 30 years.
Agreed Rodders, Australia has only recently donated the last of the C130 Hercules to Indonesia - I beleive , and they were built in the 60s (designed in the 50s)....

Could there be a new Studio Scale (or near as) Replica around the corner??

Reaction score
I hope so. I've already started saving because there will be toys aplenty once the movie is released. :)

GNT

Reaction score
The eventual Ep7 Falcon better have a mini tumbler attached :p ;)

Reaction score
Han always made his own modifications to the falcon to make it better for his smuggling business, now, 30yrs later and a wife and kids, you think he's modified the falcon into a mini van? :)

GNT

Reaction score
After seeing the trailer, when Hasbro makes this this is going to sell extremely well. It should be in the initial line up, Hasbro shouldn't wait to sell it.

Reaction score
Is the general consensus that we will just be seeing a repack of the BMF with new radar dish? I think $200 is going to be too much in this day and age where the necessity for cheaper 5POA action figures rule. Its possible that Hasbro strips the BMF to its bare essentials or perhaps even starts from the ground up. I would think that a $50 to $70 price point may be where Hasbro wants to be with this thing, maybe $100 if its the "Playset" for xmas 2015.

Personally I wouldn't mind a scaled down version, as I already own the BMF, and would love a tougher version for my son.
I owned the POTF2 version for years, and that was a fun little toy.

Reaction score
I already own the BMF, and would love a tougher version for my son.
Get the crappy one that is out now. It's roughly the same size of the BMF but it's solid (no panels or opening compartments) and has almost no play features or anything to break.

Reaction score
Get the crappy one that is out now. It's roughly the same size of the BMF but it's solid (no panels or opening compartments) and has almost no play features or anything to break.

Well, like you mentioned its a "crappy" version, and I think my son will be the right age for star wars figures and vehicles when EP7 drops, so a figure compatible one would be nice.

Reaction score
I'm thinking an even bigger BMF in the $500 range is in order... :) forget the casual collector and go all out crazy. :)
That's about the only way they'd get me to buy another Falcon, honestly. (I'm not saying I would definitely buy it, but I would consider it. lol.)

I don't think a new radar dish will be enough to get me to buy another Falcon. I'll have to see what else they do to justify a new purchase.

Reaction score
I'd probably have to skip this. Don't see how it would fit in the collection room unless i get rid of quite a few other items.

Reaction score
The only way they could get me to buy this one would be to remove the sounds and open up the entire ship. Loooots of space in the back of that thing.

Reaction score
I......Actually don't want another Falcon. I have no space for one and it'll be too expensive.

Reaction score
It would have to be COMPLETELY opened up, maybe with a small actual hallway to the cockpit and have interchangeable accessories to make it ST\OT convertible.

It would have to surpass the BMF in desirability which i just do NOT see happening.

Reaction score
I'd only be interested in a rerelease of the vintage box BMF...at an affordable price (not the extra $100 for the box pricing we last saw).

Since the vintage release of the BMF went to the extreme price-wise, I'd rather see a re-release of the last "vintage" sized Falcon that had all new lights and sound.

I'd also want it to come with two antennae: original round and new rectangle.

Reaction score
How did you when the TVC BMF was a TRU exclusive which was priced at $250 and highly sought after?
Do I really have to clarify which BMF?

I mean sure he said vintage box... I didn't need to care about the price or the box.

You're pedantic.

Reaction score
I mean for ****'s sake I said I got it at Target are you daft or calling me a liar? Yes, it was the original box BMF.
Your post followed his post and you made no distinction between the BMF he mentioned and the one you were referring to other than the store you bought it from.

Logic can can be your friend. Shake hands with it.

Reaction score
I guess the ultimate question is...how different will it be? If going my the exterior, it looks identical. But I wonder if the interior has changed. To be honest: I think on BIG Falcon is enough for me. Even if they might tweak the interior, implying some things have changed for the movie. Mostly I'll pass because, crap guys, I just don't have to room!

Reaction score
I think it was more than $100. I wouldn't know, we got ours for $36 on clearance at Target.
Hey, that's not fair! I paid $70 for mine. ;)

I also see no reason to rebuy this again, especially at an inflated price no doubt! Even if it has an all new Radar dish, it's not worth $100-200+ when I already the ship.
Now, if it had been more sufficiently modified. Hence More "all new" features, I might have been compelled to buy it. After 40 years have past, and it doesn't look visibly different. Aside from the dish, then something is wrong.

Reaction score
Hasbro should offer the new radar dish as a 9.99 mail-in offer. Way overpriced (profit for them), but better than buying a whole new BMF for a radar dish.

Reaction score
Hasbro should offer the new radar dish as a 9.99 mail-in offer. Way overpriced (profit for them), but better than buying a whole new BMF for a radar dish.
I can already picture all of the MF returns just from people taking out the radar dish,lol

Reaction score
They don't need to do a Mail in offer. They could simply list it on their replacement parts page, and charge $4.99 for it. That would be the only way to do something like this. I can't see 1,000's of people re-buying this, for a dish.

Of course, there's' always the customizing route.

Reaction score
They don't need to do a Mail in offer. They could simply list it on their replacement parts page, and charge $4.99 for it. That would be the only way to do something like this. I can't see 1,000's of people re-buying this, for a dish.

What I find weird is that most people who have collected the BMF are probably "older" fans who would prefer to represent the OT. Why would they care so much to have the square radar dish from the new trilogy so much?

Reaction score

Hopefully some enterprising individual will sell replicas. However, why much ado about a dish?

Reaction score
I have an entire room dedicated to displaying my collection these days (which is a lot more than I used to have), and even then, I can't see displaying two Falcons. I've already had to sell down and be pickier now that there are more movies coming. The BMF is a big piece and I think one will have to do. I'd rather have the classic look so I'll be passing on the new one when (not if) they make it.