Millennium Falcon

Reaction score
Just be careful not to lose any screws and take your time...if neccessary you need to unscrew the grey inlet also... and be aware that you might cut some of the inner stickers, since they positioned over the upper & under hull...

Reaction score
After many years I have finally acquired a BMF something I've wanted since they first appeared but could never have afforded back then and wasn't looking good for one now either since the price for some is quite ridiculous. However I managed to pick one of Ebay for £175, which while not cheap I thought was acceptable, only missing the chess set and a couple of missiles neither of which I'm bothered about.

Also not that bothered that it's not screen accurate I just want a substantial Millennium Falcon display piece. My plans are to add landing and cockpit lights and a paint job. I've been reading through this post but still have not come across an answer to the question someone else posted -

Has anyone ever modded the electronics so that all the lights stay on with a switch, without any of the sounds?
That's something I'd like to consider for display purposes.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Great forum by the way, the new films have renewed my Star Wars collecting fever and the forum is a great resource.

pod

Reaction score
Any chance Hasbro might release this again in kit form? They should! It would sell, especially if they still painted it.

Reaction score
I don't think that they have ever released something like this in kit form. So no, I don't think that there is any chance they would do that. But it is sold in parts on eBay, so there is that.

I would like to think that this and other cool Hasbro SW toys could be released again. It has happened many times before. But things seem to just be different now, like the availability of cheap labor is now gone forever and with it, the affordable cool goods we recently enjoyed. Perhaps when Robots can take a larger role in production will these things be made again.

Reaction score
Yea, I was watching the prices go up and up over the last few years hoping it would get a re-release. I finally decided the chances of a re-release was getting less and if I wanted one I better get one now. I don't think I could bring myself to modify mine like hanSano did. I am envious of his though.

Reaction score
for you customizers out there, have you thought about maybe going a cheaper route? there was that hollow version that came out maybe 2 years ago. I would think if you were going to add lights and use for display that might be the route to go. maybe just add the landing gear from the legacy version. my son has one of those Falcon's just waiting for him to grow out of it and make mine :p

Reaction score
Yea, I was watching the prices go up and up over the last few years hoping it would get a re-release. I finally decided the chances of a re-release was getting less and if I wanted one I better get one now. I don't think I could bring myself to modify mine like hanSano did. I am envious of his though.

I think this is true for most of the stuff from 2008-2012. Those 4 years were golden and it shows with the after market prices. I think people are realizing those kinds of items are a thing of the past. Get them whilst you can.

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking how much (approx) did you end up paying for one?

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking how much (approx) did you end up paying for one?
I ended up giving 300 for it. It works great and it came with a few extra figures. It is missing a few missles the dejarik pieces, the drop down cannon and training ball. All the landing gear is in good condition.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is any likelihood this will be reissued at any point? Or where I can find one for under 500 bucks with shipping lol?

Reaction score
I had opened it up once and played with the electronics for a while, but put it away before assembling it. I finally decided to get it out the other night and everything is in good shape, except that the stickers are dried out and falling off of the sheet.
Is it normal for stickers like this to dry out (he said this happened after a little over 7 years in storage)? I have a lot of boxed vehicles I've never got around to opening either. I opened a Clone Wars AT-TE this weekend, applied the stickers and they seemed fine. Did the same for a couple of 25th anniversary G.I. Joe vehicles from about the same timeframe and while the G.I. Joe stickers are of a very different, plasticy style than Star Wars stickers, they also seemed to attach well.

Is it less likely the stickers will dry out on the vehicle than if you leave them on the sheet? Just wondering if this guy's Falcon was exposed to a climate that would've ruined the stickers either way.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They might dust off the BMF during the ST's run, plenty of Falcon screen time. After all, the original release had no actual media tie-ins.
But TFA, TLJ and I suspect EP9 will feature the Falcon fairly well. Well enough to be in the public eye again, and for Kids to actually want it.

Surely it would sell better than that R1 AT-ACT thingamajig.

Reaction score
As far as Hasbro is concerned, they did make a Big Millennium Falcon recently and it had a Nerf 'action feature'. I really doubt that we will ever see the likes of the BMF ever appear again. We can even give them props for the R1 AT-ACT as it had electronics. But that fell on its face.

Nope. Expect undersized, high priced, Nerf like featured toys from hasbro from now on.

Reaction score
Had a bit of time this afternoon so decided to take a few shots with the falcon, enjoy!

Reaction score
Very nice!
I need to do that with mine sometime soon. I was just glad to finally get the Hoth Leia to put in it for an asteroid field chase shot.

Reaction score
Very nice!
I need to do that with mine sometime soon. I was just glad to finally get the Hoth Leia to put in it for an asteroid field chase shot.
Thanks bonoferox! Agreed on the Leia, she is my favourite version of the character and one which I think we can call the definitive version.

Reaction score
I have this guy all wrapped up in my office. Been wanting to do more lights and a custom paint job for it but its been on the back burner for years now. I have all the pieces to it sitting in a baggie too. I may just end up getting rid of it at some point because I have the Fine Molds Falcon and all the upgraded pieces for that one.

Just hard to let it go because most likely there will never be anything made like this again.

Reaction score
I would not get ride of this piece under any circumstance. Keep it.
Keep it and display it right next to the fine molds to show how accurate in Detail a Toy can be...i am currently collecting the DeAgostini Parts and compare them from time to time with the Legacy Falcon...and i am amazed everytime a new... :)

[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree with some of the comments here. If you have it, keep it. If you don't, might want to get it before it becomes completely unreachable.

Reaction score
Agreed. Get one while you can.

I traveled 2 hours this past Christmas Eve to get one. It was $240, everything was included minus the one floor panel near the entrance ramp. One of the best purchases I made.

Is there a radar dish on shapeway that will fit with this Falcon? I'm thinking of getting rid of TFA version.

Reaction score
I got the beautiful Falcon during the Legacy collection...so now I'm pretty much just looking for TVC release...but only the box. I really, really, really want that box. But I have a feeling I'll never find it solo.

Reaction score
I got the beautiful Falcon during the Legacy collection...so now I'm pretty much just looking for TVC release...but only the box. I really, really, really want that box. But I have a feeling I'll never find it solo.
I bought the TVC one for the box, but it just sits in my closet. I wonder if I should see what its worth these days/

Looked it up, 50-60$ on ebay. At that price Id probably just hang on to it.

I bought two falcons at TRU during a christmas promo for like 89$ each. Sold the spare. Man I wish I would have kept that longer, lol. Oh well, this is definitely one of my favorite pieces in my collection.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I LOVE this Millennium Falcon SOOOOO Much!

I am actually having a LARGER custom-made box created for her so that I can store her without having to disassemble the mandibles.

I lit and photographed my Falcon for the box graphic and added some Legacy Collection Big Wing Tie Fighters (my favorites) in hot pursuit!! :grin:\

Reaction score
I LOVE this Millennium Falcon SOOOOO Much!

I am actually having a LARGER custom-made box created for her so that I can store her without having to disassemble the mandibles.

I lit and photographed my Falcon for the box graphic and added some Legacy Collection Big Wing Tie Fighters (my favorites) in hot pursuit!! :grin:\

Nice looking work there.! :)

Reaction score
Just 'finished' making a display stand for this beauty - it sits nicely on my wardrobe!
Might add some LEDs, and I will be getting around to making some figure stands that will blend in with the gloss-black floor. I'll also have a go at redoing the border effects for the floor panels as they aren't showing up at all really! :/

Spoiler:  
The supports blend in nicely!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bought one of these babies for 200$ the other day on craigslist, complete. It was only missing that little medical thing Luke had on. Albeit, it came with an ATTE, about 5 other average sized ships that I didn't really want but what the hay! Plus around 25 figures. I think it was a pretty good deal.

Reaction score
Bought one of these babies for 200$ the other day on craigslist, complete. It was only missing that little medical thing Luke had on. Albeit, it came with an ATTE, about 5 other average sized ships that I didn't really want but what the hay! Plus around 25 figures. I think it was a pretty good deal.
The tourniquet came, IIRC, only with the Saga-era Bespin Luke. That would be the great figure marred by a big white button at his waist.