Millennium Falcon

GNT

Reaction score
Since the other thread has nearly hit the mark please continue to discuss the Millennium Falcon here.

Click images to enlarge.... pictures from Galactichunter.com

Thoughts on the 2008 Millennium Falcon?

Reaction score
Re: Millennium Falcon v3

Cool, thanks. (didn't take long after a pic went up, huh?)

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Can anyone tell if the Han & Chewie coming with this thing are new in any way yet? Or are they repacks? Can anyone tell?

[/QUOTE]

Yes. Early Bird Chewie and the TAC Pilot Han.

Reaction score

That Falcon excites me in a way no woman ever has.

Reaction score

Dang. Reading some of the later posts in the last thread has gotten me in a pissy mood, too!

* Where's the pack-in smuggler Lando, Hasblow? HUH?? What about an entirely new Nien Nunb, too!?!? Why isn't there one included?? And how the heck is Chewy supposed to stand up in the corridor with the top ON? What's that you say? I won't be able to see him, anyway? WTF kinda answer is that? Up yours! Crazy fools, this the most unrealistic 1:18 scale toy based on a 30-year-old sci-fi movie I've ever seen!! NO masks for mynock-hunting, NO steam emitters under the hull to simulate the landing cycle, and it's so big, I'm gonna have to actually CLEAN, or REARRANGE some things in order to display it. Piece of crap! And what's with this quote: "Go strap yourselves in, I'm going to make the jump to lightspeed!" "Lightspeed?" "LIGHTSPEED??" He says "HYPERSPACE" there you morons!

* Just so you know, the above is total sarcasm. Please don't take it seriously. I'll be dancing down the toy aisle when this thing finally arrives.

Reaction score

Monari said:
Hahaha I know what you mean. But then again, no woman ever has.

So please don't kill me for asking this question in case it's already been answered, I haven't gone through the ENTIRE previous thread, but has anyone translated all the "Features" listed at the bottom?

Reaction score

Agen_Kolar said:
Monari said:
Hahaha I know what you mean. But then again, no woman ever has.

So please don't kill me for asking this question in case it's already been answered, I haven't gone through the ENTIRE previous thread, but has anyone translated all the "Features" listed at the bottom?
Yes, Alex Newborn did a great job of cut and pasteing the pics with the action features.

I don't think there is a bottom quad laser though. The description given is that there are 7 missles: 3 in center, 2 in the quad laser, one in the bottom (Hoth) gun, and one in the attack ship. but, personally I'm not too disappointed if it doesn't have the bottom quad laser cannon.

Jason

Reaction score

Wow. You guys really need to get out more.
Anyway, the thing looks great, other than the presumable lack of a lower turret (since it wasn't blared on the packaging, "2 GUNS!!!!") and the bonus ship. I don't mind added value, but I can't think of a single EU source for an on-board fighter, which kind of would be antithetical to the entire concept of a modified light stock freighter used for smuggling.

Reaction score

I wonder if the ladning gear will be removable or fixed into place like on the Queen's Royal Starship??

Reaction score

Chewbacca said:
I don't mind added value, but I can't think of a single EU source for an on-board fighter, which kind of would be antithetical to the entire concept of a modified light stock freighter used for smuggling.
I believe the growing consensus is that it was added in for extra "play value" for the children, since the Falcon itself will be a bit hard to handle/fly around for some kids. I plan to leave it out and pretend that area is just extra cargo space.

Reaction score

coeli said:
I wonder if the ladning gear will be removable or fixed into place like on the Queen's Royal Starship??
I'm thinking they will be retractable like the rear 2 of the original falcon. I'm just basing this guess on the fact that the bottom of the hull seems big enough to house them though...

Reaction score

Monari said:
Congrats, you are the first one square member to make it to my signature.

Reaction score

English! Haha I first only saw a picture that when enlarged was blurry, so I couldn't read it. I didn't literally mean translate. Oops!

Reaction score

whats with the mini fighter.
I like it but it just seem out of place.

Reaction score

I'm really enjoying reading everyone's thoughts & opinions on this flabbergastingly monumental piece of news thus far!

I've gotta say, I'm still in shock. I can't believe this thing is coming to fruition, I love everything about it - even the box looks amazing! Even though my budget will be destroyed for quite some time after I buy one of these, I don't care - I'm so happy it doesn't matter so much!
This is truly music to an OT fan's ears, getting bogged down with gripes is a waste of energy. I'm focusing on all the marvelous positives this new Falcon has brought to the table - what an exciting time!! Here comes the old cliche'.....

I FEEL 10 YEARS OLD AGAIN!!!

Gotta get some water & sit down..

Reaction score

I wonder what Darklord1967 thinks about this? Personally, I think it is too small, I wonder if he does?

John

Reaction score

The size of the figures in comparison to the box...

This is absolutely incredible.

Reaction score

RebelTrooper said:
I wonder what Darklord1967 thinks about this? Personally, I think it is too small, I wonder if he does?

John
Yeah, where is he? Everytime I see an overlong post, I'm thinking finally DarkLord1967 has chimed in. If his opus in the '08 Vehicles thread is any indication, this is too small for him. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if he's pleased at the upgrade.

We're never getting that 36-42" Falcon he dreamed about, least not from Hasbro. This makes it all but a certainty. It's brilliant though. Very nearly a masterpiece. It's also more flyable than the larger toy he envisioned, so for my part I'm not even sure I'd prefer his version to this version.

I'll eat my slice of crow and humble pie, though, because back when he was raving I kept telling him to shut up because there was no way we'd get this, least not in 2008. I'm still shocked. The economics confound most everything I'd come to understand regarding boy's toy collecting. 'Course, and most unfortunately, if this toy were to fail it'd likely confirm my original expectations.

Reaction score

Anyone who says that 32" is too small realizes that there are children who might obtain this, that have the potential to be -smaller- than this, right?

Reaction score

IronSpiderMan said:
Anyone who says that 32" is too small realizes that there are children who might obtain this, that have the potential to be -smaller- than this, right?
This is almost half the size of my girlfriend (she's about 5'2) and she isn't happy about me getting this toy one bit. Ah well, thank god she likes Star Wars too.

Reaction score

I plan on getting this sucker. I may end up sleeping on the couch because of it, but I plan on getting it.

Reaction score

I don't really have the room for this but it looks as if I will have to get rid of a few things.This is by far the best vehicle ever made in any toy line. The packaging is also very nice. The features are all very cool as well. I can't wait to get it!

I really hope that this does well as then Hasbro may consider doing more larger vehicles! I would love to see a new Amidala's ship.

Reaction score

The Vintage/POTF2/OTC mold MF measures about 20". This new Falcon is 50% larger for you peeps who still aren't sold.

Reaction score

iamjangofett75 said:
RebelTrooper said:

John
Yeah, where is he? Everytime I see an overlong post, I'm thinking finally DarkLord1967 has chimed in. If his opus in the '08 Vehicles thread is any indication, this is too small for him. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if he's pleased at the upgrade.

We're never getting that 36-42" Falcon he dreamed about, least not from Hasbro. This makes it all but a certainty. It's brilliant though. Very nearly a masterpiece. It's also more flyable than the larger toy he envisioned, so for my part I'm not even sure I'd prefer his version to this version.

I'll eat my slice of crow and humble pie, though, because back when he was raving I kept telling him to shut up because there was no way we'd get this, least not in 2008. I'm still shocked. The economics confound most everything I'd come to understand regarding boy's toy collecting. 'Course, and most unfortunately, if this toy were to fail it'd likely confirm my original expectations.

Sorry I'm late to this little party.

I've been terribly ill for the last 3 weeks with a flu that threatens to KILL me. But I digress:

I have been lurking, for the last several days and obviously the release of this new larger Millennium Falcon is THE big news.

I have not chimed in, because I was curious to see what the reaction to this toy would be first.

I'm gratified that it seems to be generally positive.

Naturally, I'm thrilled that Hasbro has produced this toy, because from the looks of it, it's going to be great.

I will certainly buy it, and at the full $150 price too. I think it's worth every penny, and I want to support Hasbro fully.

However I will also admit that speaking for myself, I would much rather have spent $250 on the 4-1/2 foot long ship I was envisioning.

Having said that, I humbly and publically thank Hasbro for another awesome offering.

Reaction score

aside from the RS community (myself included) who is jumping for joy over this guy, how successful will this ship be at retail? will it "fly"
off the shelf or will it sit until clearance? I very much want it to be successful to pave the way for other ships of this magnitude and greater ( U.S.S Flagg comes to mind) and i know that that will happen because of collectors like us that shell out full retail, but will casual fans really buy it?

Reaction score

I think this ship will sell pretty well. Here's the deal, or my take on it at least. . . When I first heard about this ship I was mildly interested, but doubted I'd ever want it. Sure, it would be bigger, but the insides will be lacklustre and under-detailed, I imagined. Um. . . okay. . . Hasbro has certainly proved me wrong. This ship is gorgeous INSIDE and out. And that is a new high point for Hasbro. I think that by seriously delivering an interior that is far better than any playset to have EVER come down the pike, Hasbro has cleverly and wisely ensured that the ship will truly appeal to tons and tons of fans. It is just that amazing.

I never would have guessed that I'd be lining up to buy this. And yet, having seen it, there is simply NO WAY on earth that I cannot not buy it. For it is simply stunning. I have to have it. Absolutely have to have it. For it is cooler than even my wildest dreams. They truly knocked this one out of the park. I'm thinking it will do quite well.

All the bells and whistles --- and wowwweeee, there sure are ALOT of them --- are gonna make an awfully lot of people dig out their wallets. Sure, it's expensive. But then, it has to be. The bottom line is that this masterpiece is not going to leave many people disappointed in it after they buy it. It's just that good. I think a lot of casual fans will be tempted by this. The only guy I showed it to at work was like, "Wow. Keep me posted. Hmmm, I could use my vintage figures with that. . ." Obviously, not all will succumb, but more than enough will to ensure the ship's success. My colleague was like, "I'm serious, please let me know when that thing hits the street. . ."

PS -- Very classy post, Darklord. The fact that this excites even you, truly shows just how good of a job Hasbro has done. Feel better, man. I had the flu knock me out the year before and it's no fun. No fun at all. Now I've been following Darklord's thoughts on large vehicles, and gotta say that while I respect his opinions, for me, this Hasbro bad boy is simply perfect for me with regards to size. And I suspect that there are quite a few collectors like me out there. By keeping the Falcon at this size and at this price, I think Hasbro will probably do all right with this outstanding toy.

Reaction score

I'm buying this and the AT-TE straight away when it's made available at retail here.
I'm not waiting for anything - I want to support both of these huge vehicles and I've already started saving for them.

In all honesty, the Falcon with all the bells & whistles is something that I just never expected Hasbro to make.

I want to show my support for this stuff!

Reaction score

Wow!!! I never expected something like this.

When I heard the rumors, I thought, I probably would not be interested or they were just rumors.

Now, after seeing the pics, I really want this ship. I have to find a way to get this thing and the AT-TE this summer.

Reaction score

amdevil said:
how successful will this ship be at retail? will it "fly"
off the shelf or will it sit until clearance?
If Target's Ultimate BattlePacks (around $50) or TRU's Endor AT-AT (around $100) was any indication of how well something can sell at a high price point if it's really really cool; then this shoud have no trouble selling well. I just hope it's not in short supply. Judging from the posts, 9/10 of us will want it, and want it bad.

Reaction score

And to think I was going to use my money to buy food and pay rent...
If they do a large scale Jabba Barge, I'm selling organs. Maybe even some of my organs.

Reaction score

Between this and the AT-TE I think I'll need to take out a home equity loan. lol