Millennium Falcon - "TRU Exclusive"

GNT

Reaction score
IMG_7891.JPG

Thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Hopefully it's just the same ship, I'd hate to even consider replacing the one I already have because of some upgrades.

This is a pass for me. Vintage Boxes are cool, but only if I need the ship that is inside. :p

I hope it has plenty of upgrades including a hatch that opens like in ESB.

I'll be getting this for sure...but I hope it comes with some figures thrown in to make it an especially good deal! I don't own a Falcon and I want one!

Last edited:
I knew if I held out long enough they'd bring it back. I almost caved and bought it not too long ago

OK, I am seriously in trouble if this is true...my collection is about to fall out of my office into the hallway.

I'm perfectly content with TLC Millennium Falcon I own, it would take a significant upgrade for me to even consider buying another one (and a new Vintage box isn't even close enough).

Oh man - I missed it the first time around. A straight repack would be fine by me!

I can't afford the space to display two of these. The old one may become an opener for the kiddo, and me of course. :grin:

If it's true and they use a vintage box, I hope they use the one from Return of the Jedi.

Missed the Legacy one, so I would LOVE for this to be true. I will buy it in a heartbeat. Doesn't even matter what kind of box it comes in or if it has any upgrades. But of course if it does have a Vintage box and any upgrades it would be that much better.

I'm guessing that this might be priced in the $100-$120 range instead of $150 like the original release. Hasbro did mention that they learned how to produce these large toys more efficiently, which is why the BAT-AT only cost $100.

I passed on the Legacy version due to the $150.00 price so i am super stoked for this release especially in Vintage packaging i'll snag 2 :awesome:.

i bought the POTF 2 falcon way back then. It was awesome. I do hope they fix the top cover as it falls off too easily..big design flaw there.... other than that i would want the original star wars box design. There is no point of re-releasing it with all 3 packaging....well Hasbro could actually pull a stunt like that to increase sales and collectible. Imagine releasing the falcon in vintage packaging in all 3 styles at same time... that would be a master stroke for them ahahahah

i bought the POTF 2 falcon way back then. It was awesome. I do hope they fix the top cover as it falls off too easily..big design flaw there.... other than that i would want the original star wars box design. There is no point of re-releasing it with all 3 packaging....well Hasbro could actually pull a stunt like that to increase sales and collectible. Imagine releasing the falcon in vintage packaging in all 3 styles at same time... that would be a master stroke for them ahahahah
Do you think this is going to be the POTF2 Falcon?

Haha don't joke about it, Hasbro could always use that version again if they wanted. :(

Im not joking. I think they are more likely to re-release the POTF2 one. Lower cost item, lower risk, higher sales, smaller shelf space. A casual buyer and kids wouldnt even know there is a better version. Seems a much attractive idea to Hasbro and retailer?

I thought that there was some story going around that the mould was beyond use now and that was one of the main reasons that kick started the production of the BMF?

I wish I would've had the funds to pick up the BMF before it hit vintage packaging...oh man, to do it now is going to be VERY pricey, especially considering this is a TRU exclusive. :'(

I wish I would've had the funds to pick up the BMF before it hit vintage packaging...oh man, to do it now is going to be VERY pricey, especially considering this is a TRU exclusive. :'(

I'd bet somewhere between $175-$200 range

Eh, if this does wind up being true just wait till after the holidays, it'll probably go on "clearance" for around $125-150 if the regular price is up near $200, assuming there are still some left, which seems likely.

I like how Dengar is chewing the fat with Lobot and the Ugnaught in the vicinity of the person he is supposed to be bounty hunting. He's the elephant in the room. Han won't make eye contact with him. No sudden moves.

I like how Dengar is chewing the fat with Lobot and the Ugnaught in the vicinity of the person he is supposed to be bounty hunting. He's the elephant in the room. Han won't make eye contact with him. No sudden moves.

Dengar is wondering if the Ugnaught tastes like bacon.

Only.. Dengar doesn't have to wonder. He knows the taste of Ugnaught.

Yikes!

Massive as my respect is for this, possibly the greatest Star Wars toy ever, the likely massive price tag and the massive amount of space need to store another massive box means I wont be joining those picking one up.

Massive!

GOOD GRAVY, a Vintage packaged BMF! I'm snatching this up first chance I get, I missed out on the last one. I tried waiting to catch it on sale and missed out, same with the AT-AT.

This is a great chance for those of us who missed it the first time around. I wonder if the price will go up.

I think I would have to skip on some of the other collecting expenditures to get another. I kind of want to gut one and see about opening the back up and creating more rooms (I don't care about sounds. Mine doesn't even have it's batteries in anyway.) without destroying my one and only BMF.

I personally prefer ESB.
falcon-esb-front.jpg

I have that box siting in my closet. My wife's friend's husband had kept this for years, and new I collected Star Wars so he gave it to me. I don't keep boxes, but I've had this one (in fair condition) in my closet for like 2 years now.

Jason

Also, some have mentioned they hope this version has "upgrades." I own the Legacy BMF, and the only real "upgrade" you could do to this toy without raising the price would be to have different sound bites, and honestly I just don't see that happening. One of the reasons is the inside of the ship is specifically designed with the Jedi training remote, and so naturally you would want the lines from ANH with Luke, Ben & Han. Also, the holo table lights up, and again naturally you would want the lines between Chewie, 3PO, & R2. It's not like Hasbro is going to mix the Han & Leia kissing scene dialogue into the sound bites! LOL!! Could you imagine, a 7 year old boy pushing the button and the sound bite says, "You like me because I'm a scoundrel." Don't think that would go over too well. Of course you could have some cockpit dialogue about asteroid belts or ROTJ sound bites between Lando and Nien; but none of that is enough for me to by another Falcon.

The only thing that will suck, is if this Falcon comes with some exclusive action figure.

Jason

Back